Author Topic: JT, go away.......Better yet, take Victoria with you when you go.  (Read 394 times)

SANDY B

Wow, I'm almost scared to say this for fear of tomatoes, but I'd rather see him gone than Victor. What a nasty individual he is. Cant stand him.

Maple Leaf

Re: JT, go away.......Better yet, take Victoria with you when you go.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 06:36:25 PM »
JT could take Victoria away and Victor could go looking for them.  Works for me!

Augie

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 06:37:20 PM »
I canít stand him either, since we first got a hint he was an abuser.  His personality stinks as well.....and I canít stand Victoria in her dumbness mode either.  Looks like she may be getting a clue finally but now she makes no bones about being engaged to her abuser.  I think her biggest bone is in her head.  Idiot!

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 07:19:39 PM »
I didn't like the character JT his first stint on Y&R, don't like him this time and like him even less with the development of his personality.  Not impressed with the actor or his looks either.

SANDY B

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 09:48:06 PM »
I didn't like the character JT his first stint on Y&R, don't like him this time and like him even less with the development of his personality.  Not impressed with the actor or his looks either.
Ya know Cap, Im not either. I wish he and his future bride would go away.

SANDY B

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 09:54:01 PM »
And another thing is, NOTHING WOULD MAKE ME HAPPIER than to have Victor wake up with the ENTIRE family including JT in the room and say "J.T. did this to me". 

Miravep

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 09:56:40 PM »
I think Thad Luckinbill is doing a great job acting as JT.  Of course the character is horrible.  But I find his relationship with Victoria interesting, although creepy. 

However, I think the writing of his spying on Victor was idiotic.  Nobody in the investigating/security industry would be as stupid as JT was.  They always have to make Victor seem like the smart one.

Anyway, I'm sure JT's days are numbered after his attempted murder of Victor.

SANDY B

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 10:21:32 PM »
Anyway, I'm sure JT's days are numbered after his attempted murder of Victor.
Unless he kills him!

DebR

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 10:57:53 PM »
I canít believe J.T. said maybe Jack hired someone on the outside to finish the job for him when Nick said Jack is innocent and that he didnít do this.  I thought J.T. liked Jack or at least wouldnít throw Jack under the bus.

DebR

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 11:01:03 PM »
And another thing is, NOTHING WOULD MAKE ME HAPPIER than to have Victor wake up with the ENTIRE family including JT in the room and say "J.T. did this to me". 

I wanted that to happen too but Nikki said the doctor said Victor had a minor stroke and canít speak or move yet.  He will with therapy.  I was hoping someone would see the death stare Victor shot at J.T.!

Capricorn

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 11:02:52 PM »
JT doesn't have a conscience, he walked away and left Victor dying after he fell down the stairs.   He doesn't care who he throws under the bus.

Peridot

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 10:57:07 AM »
I really dislike the direction they've taken J.T.  He was never a hero exactly, but the character was likeable enough on a good day.  Not unlike Billy or Cane, really.  Now that J.T. has developed an abusive streak, pushed Victor down the stairs, then tried to kill him, I'm not sure there's any redeeming him.  Sad.  I feel bad for Reed especially, once he finds out what dear old dad has done.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 11:58:43 AM »
I really dislike the direction they've taken J.T.  He was never a hero exactly, but the character was likeable enough on a good day.  Not unlike Billy or Cane, really.  Now that J.T. has developed an abusive streak, pushed Victor down the stairs, then tried to kill him, I'm not sure there's any redeeming him.  Sad.  I feel bad for Reed especially, once he finds out what dear old dad has done.

I doubt the writers went into this storyline with any long term plans for JT or that he would need to be redeemed. They had a story to tell, and there wasn't a way to get into it with a new character - because who would get so involved so quickly with someone who ends up abusing you, and you'd stay? It's far more believable to me that Victoria would have this sentimental attachment to the "old" JT and have trouble separating that from the abusive JT.  So, I imagine the writers had to choose between bringing back JT for this... or not bringing back JT at all. He's busy with other endeavors, and the storyline could have enticed him to come back. It's interesting. He might not have come back if the request was "Hey, Thad, will you come back to Y&R and be a regular good guy and rekindle your happily ever after with Victoria?" Boring!

LucyLou

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 03:57:47 PM »
Off topicó but has it ever been said if Thad/Amelia did actually divorce? I know he filed last year... and Iím just nosey.

Miravep

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 04:49:53 PM »

I doubt the writers went into this storyline with any long term plans for JT or that he would need to be redeemed. They had a story to tell, and there wasn't a way to get into it with a new character - because who would get so involved so quickly with someone who ends up abusing you, and you'd stay? It's far more believable to me that Victoria would have this sentimental attachment to the "old" JT and have trouble separating that from the abusive JT.  So, I imagine the writers had to choose between bringing back JT for this... or not bringing back JT at all. He's busy with other endeavors, and the storyline could have enticed him to come back. It's interesting. He might not have come back if the request was "Hey, Thad, will you come back to Y&R and be a regular good guy and rekindle your happily ever after with Victoria?" Boring!

I agree. I think he was brought back specifically to do this "Big Little Lies" type of spousal abuse story, mixed with assault on Victor.  And it was never going to be long-term.  I think it's designed to give Victoria something interesting/new to do.  And of course they had to get the Old Goat involved.

Peridot

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 07:23:35 PM »

I agree. I think he was brought back specifically to do this "Big Little Lies" type of spousal abuse story, mixed with assault on Victor.  And it was never going to be long-term.  I think it's designed to give Victoria something interesting/new to do.  And of course they had to get the Old Goat involved.

You're probably right.  Even though I believe Victor is a more convincing choice for this kind of story, J.T. is the more disposable character.  Plus, I can't deny that Thad and Amelia are doing a fine job with the material.  I also suspect the writers are using this story to drum up sympathy for Victoria, who's become more and more unlikeable over the past couple of years.  It'll be interesting to see how she emerges.