Author Topic: Thursday's show was honestly one of the worst I have seen in a long time.  (Read 697 times)

SANDY B

It honestly made me almost not want to watch Friday. Jumping from that arrogant jerk Kyle to Victoria and JT was honestly painful. Friday was a joke too.  Who wrote that crap for Nikki and Jill.  If it was supposed to be comedy, it failed,

Maple Leaf

I thought the Jill/Nikki fiasco was embarrassing. 

Billie

I agree about the Nikki/Jill public spat.  That two wealthy society figures would have an open public spat like that defies belief and could not be more unreastic. Not even remotely funny, just embarrassing for the actors.  Poorly written.

Soaprah

I should have expected the nonsense when I saw the preview of Catherine and Jill shoving cake into each other's faces long ago. The idea was bad then, and it's bad now.

Chuckles

It honestly made me almost not want to watch Friday. Jumping from that arrogant jerk Kyle to Victoria and JT was honestly painful. Friday was a joke too.  Who wrote that crap for Nikki and Jill.  If it was supposed to be comedy, it failed,
It looks like they are trying to find a reason for Jill to be there.  No place in any of the plots for her.  The scene with Nikki and the dirt was yucky.

stpauliegirl

Victoria and JT boinking on the couch when, presumably, they have a comfy bed upstairs was disgusting and unrealistic.  Wonder where Katie and Johnny were.  I agree that Nikki and Jill having a cat fight at the ceremony was embarrassing and seemed very forced.  It wasn't funny at all.

Maple Leaf

Katie and Johnny have been with Billy and Phyllis for quite a while, it seems.  Poor Reed would be traumatized for life if he walked in on his parents "doing it"..

deirdra

We haven't seen Katie and Johnny with Billy and Phyllis either.  They've also been boozing & playing video games too loudly for anyone to sleep through.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 02:10:32 PM by deirdra »

jinx

Nikki and Jill carrying on like a pair of shrews was annoying filler. Not funny. Besides that, I thought the song Simone sung, or tried to sing during that nonsense, wasn't appropriate for the occasion. What did those lyrics have to do with honoring a deceased pillar of the community?

Capricorn

I'm glad somebody heard the lyrics of Simone's song.   I didn't or wasn't able to hear anything but a voice singing during the foolishness between Jill and Nikki.   However what I could hear was that she has a much stronger voice than Devon's previous rising star.

What was the song about?

jinx

I heard a little before the antics interfered too much. It was a love song that sounded much like the ones Tessa sang.

SarahTheCat

The Nikki and Jill scene was so dumb.  I never actually liked the catfight antics between Jill and Katherine. But this was way worse than any fight scene between Jill and Katherine.

Ricky

I guess the writers are trying to recreate the "animosity" between Kay and Jill by having Miss Piggy become Jill's public squabbling partner.   Didn't work. 

deirdra

If they want to give Jill screen time when she is in town, have her babysit her grandchildren and faux grand-Sam.  Johnny is amusing in every scene I've seen him in.

Soaprah

If they want to give Jill screen time when she is in town, have her babysit her grandchildren and faux grand-Sam.  Johnny is amusing in every scene I've seen him in.

And the kids behave better than most of the adults. They're cuter too!

bren

That ridiculous display between Jill and Nikki was stupid, classless, and pointless, ESPECIALLY given the occasion, honoring someone they both were supposed to love and respect . . . well, more or less.  I was embarrassed for the actors.  Wow, what they have to do to earn that paycheck!  Gggaakkkk!

franniep51

It was like the writers decided to take a few days off and threw something to the actors to fill the time. (Reminds me of having to leave lesson plans for a teaching substitute that was going to take my place on an  early dismissal day before a holiday—busywork)  The Nikki-Jill stuff, thanks to this board, was fast forwarded, everything else was a rehash and useless.  To anyone behind on their soaps, you can skip these two days.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 09:29:11 AM by franniep51 »

Augie

I turned the show OFF when the dirt flew.  Couldn’t watch another second of that stupidity.

SarahTheCat

I was embarrassed for the actors.  Wow, what they have to do to earn that paycheck!  Gggaakkkk!

So was I!

deirdra

I was embarrassed for the actors.  Wow, what they have to do to earn that paycheck!  Gggaakkkk!
So was I!
Me too!

Maple Leaf

Jill and Nikki's public fiasco was cringe worthy for me. 

PatsyB86

Does Nikki still have MS? 

They attributed her passing out to "low blood sugar".  If they mentioned her MS, I missed it.

I have a friend in her early 50s diagnosed with MS around the same time as Nikki-I know everyone progresses at different rates but my friend is now using a walker and a leg brace. It is taxing for her to even climb a flight of stairs.  She does everything she can for her treatment-regular doctor visits, medication, yoga, physical therapy, diet, etc. but this is a permanent and life altering disability for her-meanwhile, Nikki is still parading around in high heels and sleeping with a 25-year old!  :(