Author Topic: Why is JT so anxious to marry Victoria ASAP?  (Read 337 times)

stpauliegirl

Why is JT so anxious to marry Victoria ASAP?
« on: April 05, 2018, 07:19:53 AM »
If Victor wakes up (and we know he will, despite TPTB making it sound like death is a possibility), JT has to know he's done for.  Yet he keeps pressuring Victoria to get married.  Wisconsin, like many other states, has a 60 day waiting period to get married after divorce, so the earliest they could do it would be sometime in June.  I'm sure that little legal detail won't stand in the way of this storyline.  I don't get why he's in such a rush.

Goldilocks

Re: Why is JT so anxious to marry Victoria ASAP?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 08:01:52 AM »
Could it be that when Victor wakes up he may have amnesia? Wouldn't it be great if he reverts to his grandpa snowflake persona?

Winza

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 09:54:18 AM »
JT wants total control over Victoria.  Every scene between the two of them gives me the creeps.  He's relentlessly controlling and manipulative.  He's doing a great job with this story, IMHO, and I wasn't a fan before.  And he's making even irritating Victoria more interesting and I'm worried for her as he beats her down and works to isolate her more and more. 

It's too bad she's such a witch and doesn't have friends.  Sharon tried to advise her, as did Mac.  It would be good if she confided in someone she could trust what really is going on, other than the counselor.  She can't tell  Nick, though, as he'd go all neanderthal on JT.  And Nikki is too busy feeling sorry for herself to notice her daughter is miserable right now -- more so than usual.

Anyway, JT's whole goal is control and being the husband gives him ultimate control, in his warped view.

DebR

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 10:07:38 AM »
I believe J.T. wants to get married ASAP to Victoria because she canít testify if she is his wife.  Heís covering his ass for when Victor wakes up.

deirdra

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 11:21:34 AM »
in most jurisdictions spouses can testify if they want to but cannot be forced to

DianeM

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 11:47:48 AM »
I'll be surprised if Victor DOESN'T have amnesia, as it seems to be an epidemic in GC.

bren

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 02:17:36 PM »
Wisconsin, like many other states, has a 60 day waiting period to get married after divorce, so the earliest they could do it would be sometime in June.  I'm sure that little legal detail won't stand in the way of this storyline.  I don't get why he's in such a rush.
Wouldn't Mac be filing for divorce in D.C.?

franniep51

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 06:42:39 PM »
Marrying Vickie is insurance. Maybe she would ask Daddy to keep the assailantís identity a secret if they were married. Other than that I see no sense in it at all.

Capricorn

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 06:58:04 PM »
Because JT thinks that Victor is going to die - Victoria will inherit a boatload of money and a portion of Newman Enterprises, then he will control her and her riches.   Tomorrow's US episode will show JT's intention.