Author Topic: How exactly was Kyle able to declare himself CEO?  (Read 290 times)

stpauliegirl

How exactly was Kyle able to declare himself CEO?
« on: April 05, 2018, 07:13:00 AM »
Even in privately held companies, that is a decision the board of directors makes.

wanda

Re: How exactly was Kyle able to declare himself CEO?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 08:50:37 AM »
I was wondering that too.

franniep51

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 06:49:43 PM »
All the other times when CEO was discussed and determined there were necessary board meetings. What makes this time different?  Writers, think, look at real cases. 

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 07:12:48 PM »
Remember the rule that Jack made up about only a blood Abbott can be CEO of Jabot?   Well it seems to also have a clause about the most experienced Abbott and he has been an executive at Jabot in New York for a few years... apparently more experience with Jabot than Billy.   That's how Kyle can plunk his butt in Jack's chair without a board meeting.   

The solution is to let the cat out of the bag about Jack's paternity.  But of course Ashley will shush Abby and hem and haw about how much it will hurt Jack... when Jack didn't give a damn about throwing her paternity in her face when it suited him.

Peridot

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 07:18:38 PM »
Kyle is no more believable to me as a CEO than Victoria is.  Billy's not much better but at least he's older and more experienced in business.  So far I'm very underwhelmed by the new Kyle.  I don't believe the actor has the wherewithal to portray some corporate powerhouse.

Capricorn

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 07:34:13 PM »
He would probably look like more of an executive if they stopped dressing him in floral shirts and pinkish jackets.  And it's a fact that he has more business experience working with Jabot.  It's not not life experience that counts according to Jack's rules.

Jack will be back to kick Kyle out of the CEO chair.  Then eventually Jack will be kicked out because he has no Abbott blood and Billy will take the chair and the CEO position.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 10:23:37 PM »
Jack will be back to kick Kyle out of the CEO chair.  Then eventually Jack will be kicked out because he has no Abbott blood and Billy will take the chair and the CEO position.

That makes sense. The writers will want to prolong the reveal to Jack for a while, and it makes better drama if he's out of jail and thinks he's going to be CEO again when it happens.

I wonder when Billy will find out Jack's paternity news.