Author Topic: Fashion April 4th  (Read 185 times)

Capricorn

Fashion April 4th
« on: April 04, 2018, 12:24:48 PM »

Is Ashley having two "bad blouse" days

Sisters with similar taste in striped sweaters.

Mother and daughter looking good.  The sleeves bug me though.

Some people should not wear sleeveless clothes... as in the very scrawny and the very fat.

This just does not look like office wear... but I guess she's an agent for models so....

This looks good on Phyllis except I don't like the peep boob show.

I'm getting tired of Nikki and the tucked versus untucked.

Good grief! What the what is Abby wearing?  Her bathrobe to the hospital? I guess she was too anxious to get there she didn't bother changing into street clothes.  And the model - is she showing a knee to make this awful maxi dress look sexy?

Soaprah

Re: Fashion April 4th
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 12:38:12 PM »
I'd much rather see Ashley wearing those blouses around the house than the bare cocktail dresses she seems to have taken a liking to.

Maybe Victoria tucked the lace in on the striped "separated at birth" sweater-- and snipped off the buttons.

I've heard there is a rule: if you have a mini skirt, don't be bare on top, and if you have a plunging neckline, lower your hemline. Lily-- you broke the rule, and in an ugly dress. When I saw her bending over son's desk, I thought, "Look away, Charlie, look away!"

Abby's dress could double as a throw for a beat-up chair at the cottage.

I love Nikki's blouse-- and she absolutely ruined the beautiful lines by tucking it in.     
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 12:39:40 PM by Soaprah »

SarahTheCat

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 12:55:39 PM »
Hahaha I didn't realize Victoria and Abby had such similar sweaters on.

On FB, I saw someone call Abby's long plaid dress a bathrobe. That's exactly what it looks like to me.

Mariah looks good in wine colour.

I really liked what Mac wore at the GCAC the other day. I hope a pic is coming soon.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 12:56:14 PM »

I've heard there is a rule: if you have a mini skirt, don't be bare on top, and if you have a plunging neckline, lower your hemline. Lily-- you broke the rule, and in an ugly dress. When I saw her bending over son's desk, I thought, "Look away, Charlie, look away!"

LOL!

Goldilocks

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 01:16:04 PM »
I like Ashley's blouses. I think the second one resembles one I saw in the Chico's catalogue recently. On the other hand Lily's dress resembles the beach coverup that I tried on yesterday!

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 02:22:08 PM »
When I saw her bending over son's desk, I thought, "Look away, Charlie, look away!"
Same here. That "dress" looked like she may have skipped out on Cane in her afternoon delight lingerie so she could badger Hillary some more.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 02:22:40 PM by deirdra »

Twokeets

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 04:02:24 PM »
Abby's housecoat/bathrobe thing looks even more like a bathrobe on the model. Not sure what they were going for here. It's kind of funny, though.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 05:29:41 PM »
Nothing really jumped out at me.  Mariah's outfit might be the only one I liked.

Lily has been dressing terrible lately.  Her teenaged son has be to traumatized by her latest dress..

Peridot

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 07:21:32 PM »
I like both of Ashley's blouses.  The colors were more vibrant on TV.

Victoria and Abby appear to have gotten a two-for-one deal on striped sweaters.  Not crazy about the sweaters but they sure beat the other outfits they're wearing below.

I couldn't take my eyes off Sharon's powder blue top.  I'm not crazy about the sleeves but the color is gorgeous.  Speaking of color, I'm not sure maroon is Mariah's best choice.

Lily's dress is my favorite here, although IMO it's too low-cut for the office.  Phyllis's blue dress is nice but I'm not fond of the bare strip at the bodice.

Nikki--I'm singing the same sad song.  You all know how it goes.

marilyn

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 09:06:00 PM »

Guess I am the odd one.
I like the green blouse on Ashley.
Hated that blue thing on Sharon.

DianeM

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 09:25:24 PM »
Then I'm odd too because I liked both of Ashley's blouses.  I also liked Victoria's striped sweater and I don't like the short sweaters where a shirt or blouse shows at the bottom.  I'm really tired of these baggy sleeves, and especially the ones that hang over the hands. 

SarahTheCat

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 10:48:31 PM »
I like Ashley's 2 blouses too.

DebR

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 11:50:21 PM »
How did I not see Abby wearing that plaid thing on the show today?!

jinx

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 12:34:14 PM »
Ashley's green blouse looked prettier on her in the scene, not so much here.  The light one is pretty but it washes her out. It would look better with a darker complexion or dark hair.
I like the fit of Abby's striped sweater but not the bit on the bottom.
Victoria's sweater is nice but it's too fitted to be comfortable for my taste. I really dislike the way the sleeves cover the hands on the model.
Sharon's sweater is a pretty color but that's all I like about it.
Mariah's dress is okay except for the sleeves.
Victoria looks drab and haggard and the gray sleeveless top does nothing for her.
Lily looks like she's headed in or out of the boudoir. Does she have a new set of boobage?
I don't like the laced insert in Phyllis's dress. Otherwise she looks nice.
Nikki: Just no.
Abby looks like she's wearing her grandfather's ugly bathrobe. Even for a bathrobe it's not her style at all.

LucyLou

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 01:10:47 PM »
I don’t care for Phyllis’s dress although I am a big fan of royal blue clothing and it looks great on her.

Although Abby and Victoria’s tops are very similar, I like Victoria’s but am not a fan of Abby’s. I typically avoid horizontal stripes bc I’m heavy chested and it’s not a good look. It suits Victoria though bc it gives the illusion that she’s a bit beefier than she actually is.

I would like Sharon’s top better if it was full length sleeves. I do like the bell sleeve trend and have several shirts in that style. But it just looks awkward because of the length. The color is beautiful and springy, my favorite aspect of this shirt.

Mariah’s is my favorite. Definitely something I would wear; however I’d add a short, chunky statement necklace to it, to spruce it up a bit.

Lily’s dress is the worst I’ve seen in a while. Typically she can make otherwise horrible clothing look great. Not this time. And her frizzy, poofy hair doesn’t help