Author Topic: Fashion April 2nd. Part 2  (Read 125 times)

Capricorn

Fashion April 2nd. Part 2
« on: April 02, 2018, 01:14:30 PM »

Mac looked pretty to me.

Brittany was dazzling

Lace and cold shoulder, not my cup of tea.  Phyllis did look good though.

Lily NO.  You are a grown woman not a teenager going to a prom.

Matttie has bad posture, she needs to straighten her shoulders.  The dress does nothing for her... the one Lily is wearing would look so lovely on Mattie if the colour was a little brighter.

LucyLou

Re: Fashion April 2nd. Part 2
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 01:21:23 PM »
I donít like Macís dress at all. Iíve always thought the actress is pretty, and she still is. Just pretty in an ugly dress.

Dazzling is right. Brittany looks fantastic and has barely aged.

I thought Phyllis looked great but damn that picture! She looks like sheís about to rip someone a new one.

Not only does Lily look like a teenager, the dress looks so uncomfortable. I would spend my night readjusting it. It looks better how the model is wearing it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 01:21:53 PM by LucyLou »

Soaprah

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 02:08:26 PM »
Lily's dress looks like a bridesmaid's gown and a tutu stuck together. No! And Lily needs to wear her clothing a few inches longer.

Mac looked better on the show than in this photo, although I didn't notice the netting at the hem of the dress. I'm not a fan of that look. Just use fabric, for Pete's sake.

Phyllis' hairstyle was too severe.

Brittany wins the prize for best-dressed.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:08:48 PM by Soaprah »

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 02:23:24 PM »
Mackenzie's floral dress is pretty but I hate the sheer panel at the hem.  It's unnecessary and looks clumsy.

Brittany's sparkly sheath is exactly the kind of thing you'd expect the grown-up Britt to wear.  Suits the character.

I'm not crazy about Phyllis's dress but she does have the ability to pull off vintage glamour.

Lily's pink dress looks like a cocktail outfit that mated with a tutu.  Very strange.  Mattie's blue dress, on the other hand, is sweet and age appropriate.

DianeM

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 02:40:53 PM »
Why did they ruin Mac's perfectly lovely dress with that black netting at the bottom?   ::)

Lily's dress looks beige on my computer.  I like Mattie's dress, which is very appropriate for her age.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:41:07 PM by DianeM »

PatsyB86

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 04:16:30 PM »
Not a comment about the fashion but I don't feel like I got enough of the Centennial...so fun seeing all those they brought back  :)

Capricorn

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 04:27:32 PM »
I agree Patsy.  I wanted to see the Brooks sisters all dressed up but our new head writer said that every episode is a new day... so I guess that's why we didn't see more of the Centennial celebration.   I think past writers for Y&R would milk that celebration for three days.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:27:50 PM by Capricorn »

jinx

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 05:29:49 PM »
Mac's dress is pretty but I don't like the bottom. The skirt should have ended with the floral fabric.
I'm the odd man out. I don't like Brittany's glitzy look.
That is one ugly dress on Phyllis.
Lily looks just too, too cutesy. She and her daughter should swap dresses. The dress on the model isn't exactly the same.
Mattie's blue dress is pretty on her.

Goldilocks

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 06:13:44 PM »
Brittany's dress was too Las Vegas for me. Victoria shouldn't wear white because she is so pale. I liked Mac's floral dress, even the netting on the bottom. Lily's dress was a no for many reasons. Phyllis has the right body to wear those slinky numbers she prefers.

deirdra

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 10:08:32 PM »
I was hoping there was more to the Walnut Grove centennial than those few minutes in the gym.  I rarely go since it is 3000 km away, but my HS reunions involve extra events just for classes celebrating 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 ... years.  I actually went to my sister's 35th since I happened to be nearby at the time and she had several more interesting classmates than I did. We even went on a hike.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:12:10 PM by deirdra »

DebR

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 11:45:46 PM »
Brittany looks the best and the only dress I like.