Author Topic: Meet Kyle Abbott & Michael Mealor  (Read 744 times)

Capricorn

pcrchik

Re: Meet Kyle Abbott & Michael Mealor
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 05:23:47 PM »
i like what i see, i hope he works out.  :)

monkeymome3

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 11:33:56 AM »
Can you guys remind me why Kyle is so angry with his father

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 11:48:18 AM »
On today's US show Kyle's argument with Jack will explain it better than anyone here.

wanda

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 01:24:28 PM »
I hate to be negative so soon, but I don't like newest Kyle. I don't his looks or his attitude.

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 03:55:52 PM »
I don't like his looks or his attitude either, but will try to reserve judgement.  He looks more like Chance Chancellor than an Abbott.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 08:43:45 PM by deirdra »

Soaprah

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 04:05:38 PM »
I share your misgivings, wanda, and suspect that the writers are doing a "character turnaround" as they've done with JT.

DianeM

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 04:10:08 PM »
I hate to be negative so soon, but I don't like newest Kyle. I don't his looks or his attitude.
I'm with you, Wanda.  I'm not impressed with the actor, and I hate that Kyle has turned into a Class A jerk.

Capricorn

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 04:41:27 PM »

For me it's too early (1 day) to start hating on a re-cast.   Kyle has history with Victor and who knows what Victor has been feeding him via email, text and phone.  Victor can be a very convincing man when he sets his mind to it.   Remember  all the women he has used to do his dirty deeds.  Remember Marco Annicelli and the whole slew of people on a boat.  Victor can make people believe and do what he wants.   If anything I'm sad and I pity Kyle for being under Victor's thumb.

I also don't see anything wrong with his looks.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 04:41:55 PM by Capricorn »

pcrchik

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 06:53:11 PM »
i like his looks, very abbott to me (although what does that really mean these days?)  ???   i like that he's got some fire.  i'll reserve judgement until he's been on the canvass for longer than 30 seconds.  this show desperately needs new faces so at this point i celebrate his arrival.

LucyLou

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 06:57:07 PM »
He looks more Abbott than anyone they’ve casted. His cocky attitude mirrors a younger Billy Abbott. I hate that he’s teamed up with Victor against Jack...but his conversation with Jack was spot on. There is a lot of character depth these days and I love it.

Peridot

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 07:36:31 PM »

Me either.  Physically I supposed the new guy is believable enough as the son of Jack Abbott.  Personality-wise, NuKyle is a Grade A snot so far.

jinx

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 08:32:02 PM »
I don't like him either. It's hard to keep an open mind when he makes a grand entrance as an arrogant, obnoxious, judgmental punk who's full of himself and has no respect for his father. I'm not impressed with his acting but I'll give it time.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 10:43:20 PM »
So far, I'm good with this Kyle. He seems strong willed, and a bit devious.  But I don't feel like it's Kyle. Like, who is Kyle anyway? He's been changed so many times, I can't even define him. This will be like getting used to a brand new character.  But it seems like he can act, at least.

DebR

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 11:04:24 PM »
I think Mal is going for a father son relationship  like Adam and Victor used to have instead of bringing the Adam character back.

I always give newcomers time to settle in. At least he can act.

Miravep

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 11:07:26 PM »
So far, the actor is really hammy, IMO.  But it's only his first days, so I'll give him a chance.  Sometimes new cast members go over the top at first and then dial it down.  He sure did chew up the scenery today, though.  It's really saying something when Peter Bergman seems understated.

DianeM

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2018, 11:06:01 AM »
That's just it.....I don't think he can.  Hammy is a good word for his first appearance.  Hopefully, he will improve.

bren

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2018, 02:31:57 PM »
That's just it.....I don't think he can.  Hammy is a good word for his first appearance.  Hopefully, he will improve.
My feeling, too.  So far, to me he's "reading his lines," although it's early in the game. I hope his acting is better than what I'm seeing at first.  He does come on as arrogant and snotty, but I guess that's the way the character is being written.  Somehow, though, I hoped the first meeting of Kyle and Jack (in a long time, anyway) would be softened at least a little bit.  Too much to hope for, I guess.   Is seeing his father in jail fun for Kyle?  Time will tell. . . .

SarahTheCat

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2018, 06:02:08 PM »
It would be nice to see a collection of clips of all the characters on their first day in their role.

I remember Jack so vividly... Peter Bergman did an amazing job imitating the style of Terry Lester. But it didn't take him long to break out of that and make his own version of Jack.

I remember this Billy's first episode, but that wasn't all that long ago. The rest of them, I don't really remember. Some probably weren't all that great but grew into their roles.

Capricorn

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2018, 06:13:01 PM »
If you click on the link in this topic and scroll through it you will see a few first days.

http://soapoperacommunity.com/index.php?topic=17449.0

franniep51

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2018, 06:24:06 PM »
I think Mal is going for a father son relationship  like Adam and Victor used to have instead of bringing the Adam character back.

I thought the exact same thing. I think the character is nice looking. I look forward to his clashing with Jack. I just don’t want him to be in Victors pocket. Since he is back, will Summer, hopefully as a different actress, return, too?

Chuckles

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2018, 06:50:09 PM »
Wanda, I agree with you.  He creeps me out.

Chuckles

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2018, 06:53:10 PM »
  He's kind of weird.

Capricorn

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2018, 07:00:48 PM »
Another video of the new Kyle - I like the actor.  If he's cocky it's because that's the way he's being written and directed.

http://www.etonline.com/meet-the-new-young-and-the-restless-hunk-michael-mealor-99364

pcrchik

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2018, 09:06:33 PM »
I don't like him either. It's hard to keep an open mind when he makes a grand entrance as an arrogant, obnoxious, judgmental punk who's full of himself and has no respect for his father. I'm not impressed with his acting but I'll give it time.

hmmmm....seems like that description could fit victor AND jack to a T.  just replace "father" for "family" and there you go.  ;)  . they have both acted that way throughout the years without a doubt so kyle is on point with this bunch.

SANDY B

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2018, 11:21:10 PM »
He definitely looks like he could be related to Billy.

wanda

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2018, 11:30:52 PM »
But he isn't related to Billy if Jack isn't John's son. Lol

SANDY B

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2018, 10:38:57 PM »
But he isn't related to Billy if Jack isn't John's son. Lol
This is very true.

DebR

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2018, 10:45:14 AM »
Thanks for the video clip from Et, Capricorn.  I like the actor even more now!

PatsyB86

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2018, 03:31:03 PM »
After today, I decided I do like him in the role-I did not in his opening scene at the hospital.

Twokeets

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2018, 03:51:28 PM »
The only thing that bothers me about Kyle is the way he delivers his lines. He tends to say many sentences with the same inflection. His voice sort of rises, then abruptly shuts off. Over and over. Reminds me a little of Chelsea's chipmunk chatter.

jinx

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2018, 08:11:21 PM »
He seems to speak in phrases. Maybe it's how he remembers his lines but it doesn't sound natural.