Author Topic: Brittany vs. Mac  (Read 570 times)

LongTimeFan

Brittany vs. Mac
« on: March 29, 2018, 01:41:48 AM »

They've sort of switched things up.  In my recollections, Brittany was the bombshell .. the pole dancer .. the dazzler, and Mackenzie was this plain-as-shoe moralist.  She was not flashy and, indeed, was dour and a drag.  Now Mac looks far more tony than Brittany.   I don't like it.  In fact I do NOT like this Mac (I know she's been on in the past) .. I liked the original one.

stpauliegirl

Re: Brittany vs. Mac
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 07:39:39 AM »
Brittney looked pretty glitzy to me.  As for Mac, she inherited a huge wad of cash from Katherine, so I'm sure she has learned to enjoy the finer things in life.  I'm sure JT had no problem living high off the hog when they were married, and I'm sure she went along with it.

franniep51

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 09:44:30 AM »
 It was good to see the past characters. I never cared for the Brittney character and always thought she looked like an old soccer mom, nice looking, but old. She matches Raul now that he has aged. That glitzy dress goes with the character. I was glad that we were informed of the charactersí successes.

Mac looks age appropriate and, to me, played it the closest to the original Mac. She is attractive but not drop dead gorgeous, which I like to see on TV. I really liked her dress. And, for just picking up with an abusive JT, she gave a believable performance as an abused wife.

LucyLou

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 10:13:44 AM »
I was a young teen when the Glow by Jabot kids were on. I LOVED them. I had the biggest crush on Raul. I donít know if itís just because of my age then vs now, but theyíve yet to have stories/actors in the teenage demographic as interesting as they did with this bunch.

Of course I was even younger during the Nick, Sharon and Amy days but loved those too!

I was the same age as the teens during the Lily and Daniel time. I was more interested in the Nick/Sharon/Phyllis triangle by that time.

So have the teenagers just been poorly written and casted for the past 10-15 years? Or did I just like them better when I was younger because I was younger?

deirdra

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 12:13:59 PM »
So have the teenagers just been poorly written and casted for the past 10-15 years? Or did I just like them better when I was younger because I was younger?
I've been older than all the teenagers, but I enjoyed the Glo by Jabot storylines, Colleen/TJ/Cowbell and none since.  Lily & Danyell in fruit costumes in Malibu or playing house in the Abbott playhouse - yawn.  Summer and her friends bullying another student were annoying FF material.  So yes, I think the teens have not been well written for ~20 years.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:15:36 PM by deirdra »

Capricorn

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 12:55:30 PM »
But guess what?  The bullying is what teen are doing these days, they do it on their phones and on social media... so the writing is actually spot on for the changing way of life for our grandchildren.  The way Mattie is written and dressed is pretty unreal. No teenager I know dresses or acts like Mattie.

When I was a teenager we had party-line landline phones, no iPhone attached like a third arm.  We were out and about and hanging out with friends.  We went to Saturday matinee movies or parent chaperoned parties where we danced the night away until curfew time.  We didn't have TV until I was 11 years old.  We read comic books. We had milkshakes, drive in movies and lots of fun.

Today it's(bullying or giving out TMI, lewd pictures and selfies) iPhones, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TV, sneaking around to do drugs, drink alcohol and have sex. 

Being a teenager is a hard thing and I don't mind seeing teens on the show.   It makes the show more real to me because teens are a part of life.

Twokeets

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 01:46:35 PM »
I always liked Brittney, and thought she looked pretty fabulous at that party. It kind of threw me when they said their son was a freshman in college. Has it been 18 years since she left the show?

katiesbeach

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 04:54:45 PM »
I always liked Brittney, and thought she looked pretty fabulous at that party. It kind of threw me when they said their son was a freshman in college. Has it been 18 years since she left the show?
I think her baby was born before Lily's children, and they are in high school now!

Ricky

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 05:36:04 PM »

I thought Miss Brittany looked MIGHTY good.   I believe the girl who plays her (Lauren Woodland) is now an attorney in real-life.

Nothing much good to say about Kelly Kruger (??) as Mackenzie.   I always thought she looked like the product of a ferret having mated with an alien.   She has a little ferret mouth and great big alien eyes.    However, I will say that her acting has improved slightly over the years, and she no longer seems utterly terrified to open her mouth when she speaks. 

pcrchik

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 05:48:12 PM »
I was a young teen when the Glow by Jabot kids were on. I LOVED them. I had the biggest crush on Raul. I donít know if itís just because of my age then vs now, but theyíve yet to have stories/actors in the teenage demographic as interesting as they did with this bunch.

Of course I was even younger during the Nick, Sharon and Amy days but loved those too!

I was the same age as the teens during the Lily and Daniel time. I was more interested in the Nick/Sharon/Phyllis triangle by that time.

i was thinking the same thing when i saw the grown up teens from way back.  they were involved in some intriguing and fun story lines, seeing them at the party just made me wish they could stick around and add some history and fresh faces to the mix.  i wish they would write some interesting story lines for the teens we have on now, maybe build them up more, give them more depth, like they did with past characters.

teens are a good part of the storytelling but they have to be more than annoyances for the parents, they have to have their own lives too, which i thought was portrayed really well back then. again, i was their age back then too, so maybe i have a slightly skewed view of how it was, but it seems like the writing for that group was much better.

loved the exchanges between mac and jt, it is so obvious mac is over whatever jt is selling and has had enough.  i was rooting for her as she stood up for herself.  it was good to see brittany and raul together, i always thought they could be just what the other needed.

LucyLou

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 04:47:00 PM »
For the most part, that teen group (Brittany, Raul, J.T.) had non-existent parents. Which allowed for storylines based around their lives. Without parental interference and intertwined storylines. Maybe thatís why they were more interesting.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 05:06:14 PM »
For the most part, that teen group (Brittany, Raul, J.T.) had non-existent parents. Which allowed for storylines based around their lives. Without parental interference and intertwined storylines. Maybe thatís why they were more interesting.

Brittany's parents, Frederick and Anita Hodges, were on the show. JT even had a fling with Anita (just a one night stand I think)

LucyLou

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 06:52:29 PM »

Brittany's parents, Frederick and Anita Hodges, were on the show. JT even had a fling with Anita (just a one night stand I think)

Yes I remember. They just werenít core characters. Most of the teens weíve seen the last several years have all been children of Newmans, Abbotts or Winters. Which is fine! Thatís important. I just mean...the teens of the past had their own thing going on without being so mixed in with the typical story lines with their parents. Does that make sense? Lol. They all had their own romances that were, in my opinion, well written and interesting. The teens now are either on the back burner or Summer Newman who I hope I never see again 😂😂

pcrchik

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 06:55:44 PM »

good point lucylou

Peridot

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 07:40:31 PM »
Other than a few more pounds and some work done around the eyes, I thought both Raul and Brittany looked much like their teen selves.  Cool that they wrote Brittany as being an attorney like her portrayer, Lauren Woodland.

Kelly Kruger as Mackenzie also looks much the same.  Unfortunately she hasn't lost the tendency to mumble.  Hopefully the writers won't ask Mac and Cane to exchange dialogue.

LucyLou

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 07:44:20 PM »
Other than a few more pounds and some work done around the eyes, I thought both Raul and Brittany looked much like their teen selves.  Cool that they wrote Brittany as being an attorney like her portrayer, Lauren Woodland.

Kelly Kruger as Mackenzie also looks much the same.  Unfortunately she hasn't lost the tendency to mumble.  Hopefully the writers won't ask Mac and Cane to exchange dialogue.

I would like to see Raul and Brittany return. I could do without Mackenzie. I never found her as interesting as most viewers. I can take her or leave her.

Myra Lester

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 03:35:18 PM »
I thought they both looked great, it was nice seeing them. I think that Kelly Kruger looks like Lesley Ann Warren did years ago when she was on Mission Impossible. She could easily pass for her daughter.

deirdra

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 06:13:07 PM »
I thought they both looked great, it was nice seeing them. I think that Kelly Kruger looks like Lesley Ann Warren did years ago when she was on Mission Impossible. She could easily pass for her daughter.
I've always thought that Kelly Kruger looks like Lesley Ann Warren (younger Mac looked like LAW in Cinderella).  They both seem to either be allergic to their mascara or intolerant of their contact lenses as their constant blinkety blinking detracts from their acting.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:13:58 PM by deirdra »