Author Topic: Leslie Brooks  (Read 652 times)

Ricky

Leslie Brooks
« on: March 27, 2018, 03:01:46 AM »

When I was a kid, I always thought Lorie Brooks was a smokin' hot glamour-puss who didn't mind showing us her titties, Chris Brooks was pretty in that wholesome Olivia Newton-John 1970s "Have You Never Been Mellow" way, and Peggy Brooks was cute in a younger sister kind of way.   But Leslie was just a dull, whining, crying girl who made me wanna get up & go fix a pimento & cheese sandwich during her INTERMINABLE scenes of banging on the piano, crooning sappy old torch songs from yesteryear, and feeling guilty about being alive.   

Times have changed.   Maybe it's her glasses & her hair.   Maybe it's just her laid-back personality.   I don't know. But somehow Leslie has turned into a HOT older lady.  I can't put my finger on it, but she's hands-down the winner of the four Brooks girls these days.  I guess Lance and Lucas were right about her, after all.  I always wondered why on earth they wanted her more than Lorie, but now I can finally see it.   PLUS, she can play the piano!!

Just posting this to offer my apologies to Janice Lynde for not appreciating her more during the 1970s. 

Don't get me wrong -- she's still no Eileen Davidson by a long-shot --- but she's a mighty nice-looking old lady.     

Soaprah

Re: Leslie Brooks
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 10:07:59 AM »
I wasn't watching back in the Brooks family days, but I appreciated seeing the present-day versions exchanging barbs with Jill.
And I also appreciated the reminder of pimiento and cheese sandwiches!  :D   How did I ever eat that stuff!   :P

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 10:20:41 AM »

I agree with you Ricky Leslie/Janice Lynde is looking good.  Lorie/Jamie Lynn Bauer had work done on her face so like all the other celeb women has ruined her looks and her bottle hair colour is not becoming.

I always liked Leslie  and Chris best of the Brooks sisters.  Lorie was the hot sexy one who was free and easy with her body.  Leslie made the men work for what they wanted from her. Chris was sweet and had a little of Lori and Leslie.  Peggy was the red headed innocent little sister.

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 02:45:45 PM »
So nice to see Janice Lynde again!  I could've sworn I read she had passed away a few years ago; glad to see I was misinformed.  Back in the day I always related to Leslie because I was a pianist too and on the quiet side like she was.  I think she looks great, glad they didn't feel they needed to glam her up.  Jamie Lynn looks fine too, just wish her hair wasn't that odd caramel color.  When I first started watching Y&R one of the things that engaged me was the Brooks family with 4 girls, just like my own family.  Nice nod to history to bring these ladies back.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 02:47:23 PM by Peridot »

SarahTheCat

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 06:02:03 PM »
So nice to see Janice Lynde again!  I could've sworn I read she had passed away a few years ago; glad to see I was misinformed.  Back in the day I always related to Leslie because I was a pianist too and on the quiet side like she was.  I think she looks great, glad they didn't feel they needed to glam her up.  Jamie Lynn looks fine too, just wish her hair wasn't that odd caramel color.  When I first started watching Y&R one of the things that engaged me was the Brooks family with 4 girls, just like my own family.  Nice nod to history to bring these ladies back.

It was the 2nd Leslie (Victoria Mallory) that passed away a few years ago.

wanda

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 07:46:37 PM »

I agree with you Ricky Leslie/Janice Lynde is looking good.  Lorie/Jamie Lynn Bauer had work done on her face so like all the other celeb women has ruined her looks and her bottle hair colour is not becoming.

Totally agree about Jamie's looks. Too much work done to the face and blond looks so unnatural on her.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:47:07 PM by wanda »

pcrchik

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 06:25:12 PM »
was that it for those two?  i haven't seen today's US show yet (3/28) but seems much ado about nothing for two grand dames of daytime. 

i wasn't watching back then but other than being a part of the core family that were featured when the Y started, why should i care about them?  if that was it then the writers did a piss poor job of giving them the respect they deserve in terms of a guest appearance. they could have delved a little deeper into their history, showing those of us that weren't watching then why they matter.

i'm not trying to bag on the characters, just the lack of creativity of the writers.

franniep51

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 10:00:46 AM »
I wasnít watching in the Foster-Brooks years but I enjoyed the barbs traded with Jill.  Was this Actress playing Jill in those days, or the other one?  Funny, I didnít watch then, but their faces were familiar to me.  I guess I saw them in commercials for YR.  Were those actresses on other soaps? 

deirdra

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 12:21:40 PM »
Brenda Dickson & Deborah Adair played Jill before Jess Walton took over in 1987. Though in 1994, Judith Chapman (Gloria) filled in as Jill.  But Jess did some faux flashbacks with Ma Foster in their apartment when Jill was working to put Snapper through med school (when Jess was not playing Jill).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:25:02 PM by deirdra »

Capricorn

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 12:37:01 PM »
I liked Deborah Adair best as Jill but alas she was the one who played Jill for the shortest time.  I think I liked her because she wasn't your run of the mill long haired soap opera female.

Ricky

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 05:25:05 PM »

Don't forget Miss Bond Gideon who played Jill for about 6 months in 1980.   (She replaced Brenda Dickson when the show went to an hour, and after six months Deborah Adair was hired to replace Bond Gideon.)    It was Bond Gideon's Jill who first applied for the job at Jabot. 

I thought it was kinda stooopid that Billy seemed so blissfully ignorant of Jill's past with Leslie Brooks and Lorie Brooks.   After all, their younger sister, Chris Brooks, has been married to Billy's Uncle Snapper for almost 45 years.   

Myra Lester

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 03:31:29 PM »
Did they mention Chris or Peggy? Of course Jill should have an idea about Chris since she was/is her sister in law. But of course neither Snapper or Greg gets mentioned, either.

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 03:42:45 PM »

I thought it was kinda stooopid that Billy seemed so blissfully ignorant of Jill's past with Leslie Brooks and Lorie Brooks.   After all, their younger sister, Chris Brooks, has been married to Billy's Uncle Snapper for almost 45 years.

But Uncle Snapper has been living with his wife in London, England probably before Billy was born.   Unless Jills talks about the Brooks I think Billy would be mostly ignorant about his uncle and his wife and his wife's sisters... even moreso since it turned out that Jill wasn't a Foster but a Fenmore.

deirdra

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 06:04:48 PM »
Has Billy ever met Uncle Snapper?  The one time Snapper came back to town, when his mother Liz was dying, he was at the hospital for a day or two and I don't remember Billy stopping by to say goodbye to grandma Foster.  Hasselhoff's daughter played a nurse on the show, but I cannot remember if she was the one who posted the viral video of her shirtless drunk Dad eating a hamburger off the floor (IRL) or if it was his other daughter.  I think the only reason The Hoff stooped to appearing on Y&R after all those years was that nobody else would hire him at the time.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:09:38 PM by deirdra »

Maple Leaf

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 06:30:20 PM »
Ahh, Snapper.  I had the biggest crush on William Gray Espy as Snapper, but once the Knight Rider took over, he lost all his appeal to me.

wanda

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 08:55:32 PM »
Ahh, Snapper.  I had the biggest crush on William Gray Espy as Snapper, but once the Knight Rider took over, he lost all his appeal to me.

Totally agree.

deirdra

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 01:20:53 PM »
Totally agree.
Me too.  And I don't know how anyone could keep a straight face while calling the 50-something Hoff "Snapper".