Author Topic: Chrissy Metz / Kate - This Is Us  (Read 814 times)

Capricorn

Chrissy Metz / Kate - This Is Us
« on: March 23, 2018, 11:19:53 AM »

Chrissy Metz is opening up about being physically abused in her new memoir

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/977183937989660676

DebR

Re: Chrissy Metz / Kate - This Is Us
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 11:09:55 PM »
Itís really sad what her stepfather did to her.  I donít know how she could make peace with him.

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 03:12:42 PM »
A little off topic.

When This Is Us started I believe they said Kate's storyline would include her losing weight.   It's been two seasons but everytime I see a picture of Chrissy Metz online she looks as if she has gained more weight.

I haven't been watching since three quarter way through season one.   Has anyone noticed Chrissy losing any weight.  I'm not fat shaming her but she's morbidly obese and should try to lose weight... I mean I am fat and have been a lot fatter than I am now, it's unhealthy.

wanda

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 03:52:33 PM »
I haven't noticed that she lost any weight.

Goldilocks

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 04:38:19 PM »
She was on Rachel today promoting her new book.

katiesbeach

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 06:49:04 PM »
She hasn't lost any weight, and it hurts me to look at her.  I can't even imagine being that big....and being ok with it.  I'm not saying that everyone has to be thin, but her weight is unhealthy, and I can't even imagine what it must be like to get clothes that fit.  She needs to lose at least 1/2 of her body weight to be healthy.  I'm not a body shamer either, but she seems to hide behind the rising 'love your body image' but there is a risk to hers.  Feel like I've said too much.  It's her body, her life.

deirdra

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 11:40:12 AM »
This season I was wondering if she was wearing fat suits in some of the "flashbacks" or was actually fluctuating by ~50 lbs over the season, but on recent awards shows and talk shows it appears she has gained a lot of weight compared to when she first appeared.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:40:37 AM by deirdra »

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 12:01:44 PM »
On a person Krissy's size and weight we wouldn't be able to see a 50lb. loss.   She has to weigh 400 - 500 lbs.  It must be disheartening to lose weight but not see any difference.

Billie

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 08:22:16 PM »
She hasn't lost any weight, and it hurts me to look at her.  I can't even imagine being that big....and being ok with it.  I'm not saying that everyone has to be thin, but her weight is unhealthy, and I can't even imagine what it must be like to get clothes that fit.  She needs to lose at least 1/2 of her body weight to be healthy.  I'm not a body shamer either, but she seems to hide behind the rising 'love your body image' but there is a risk to hers.  Feel like I've said too much.  It's her body, her life.
I feel exactly the same way Katiesbeach.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 08:53:23 AM »
A person who is that big canít have a long life span, I would think. 

I wonder if she was always obese?  I wonder if she even knows what itís like to be comfortable while putting on shoes or getting dressed. 

For health reasons alone, youíd think sheíd make a lifestyle change.

Capricorn

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 11:07:10 AM »
That was way too long, I stopped reading part way through.   One thing I do know though is that although this article is saying weight loss is not required for This Is Us, I remember reading several articles about the show before it even started and I remember all of then saying Chrissy/Kate was going on a weight loss journey.

katiesbeach

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 09:10:43 PM »
Many of the first shows focused on her weight loss journey - and maybe because the actress didn't lose weight, they stopped writing that way.  Now that she has some money from the show, she should invest in a personal trainer who can help her get started.

jeanvn

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 05:46:10 PM »
The part of her wedding , last show, she was gigantic in the wedding dress.  Really unbelievable. And she has a beautiful face.  I would venture to say that she was at an all time weight high that show.  I thought that in the beginning, they mentioned her signing a contract to lose weight.

Soaprah

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 09:43:49 PM »
Such a weight gain is caused by psychological issues, and losing the weight is not a matter of will power. Metz needs to start with a therapist who specializes in this type of case. Together, they can put together a program to help. For someone of such morbid obesity, going straight to a personal trainer could kill her. 

Capricorn

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 10:13:04 PM »
I agree with you Soaprah.