Author Topic: Fashion March 13th  (Read 281 times)

Capricorn

Fashion March 13th
« on: March 13, 2018, 12:54:51 PM »

Great colour on Victoria.  I wish both Victoria and the model would have left the right shoulder up instead of pulled down.  Clearly by the bad fit of the sleeve, both sides of the neckline is supposed to be resting on the shoulder and not the upper arm.

The fit is good but this dress is too busy for my taste, plus I don't like the peek-a-boo breast hole.

I don't like anything about this dress.  Is Abby 7 years old and going to a garden party?

Nice dress, great fit.  I don't remember what time of day Ashley was wearing it.  Evening/night fine. Daytime no.

Love this dress.  I wish I could have found a dress like this when my daughter was getting married.

SarahTheCat

Re: Fashion March 13th
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 01:40:05 PM »
Capricorn, my first thought when I saw Dina's dress was that it would have made a great mother of the bride dress!

lawgirl

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 02:03:03 PM »
Abby's dress reminded me of Gone with the Wind when Scarlet used curtains to make a dress.  This looked like Abby used sofa material.  Just NO.
Hilary's dress, which could only be worn by someone as thin as a toothpick, only served to show that she has lost way too much weight.
With regard to both Victoria and Ashley's choice of clothing - why do they always wear evening wear to the office?  I'm sure the costume people know better!
Dina's dress is beautiful - the actress really knows what works for her and dresses accordingly. Kudos!!

deirdra

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 06:11:06 PM »
Abby's dress reminded me of Gone with the Wind when Scarlet used curtains to make a dress.
It reminded me of the Carol Burnett episode where she spoofed Gone with the Wind when Scarlet used curtains to make a dress (but left the curtain rod across the shoulders). That shade of yellow doesn't look good on anyone.

Dina's outfit is the only one I like; she looks fantastic.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:15:43 PM by deirdra »

Peridot

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 07:38:48 PM »
Love the blue color of Victoria's dress but wish she'd hike up the other shoulder.  At least she has plenty of hair to keep that shoulder warm.

Hilary's dress is just weird.  Wonder if her poor little boobies feel a draft.

Abby's dress is pretty but too summery for March in the Midwest.  It also looks too girlish for someone who's always insisting how mature and responsible she is.  Maybe she can pass it along to Mattie.

Ashley's black sheath is nice.  A matching jacket would look good with this.

I love Dina's gown.  Wonder if she saw something pink, ruffly and prom-ish when she looked in the mirror.

LucyLou

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 09:51:27 PM »
I’m loving that shade of blue for Victoria. Her wardrobe has been on point lately. However it looks like the designer and the seamstress need to get on the same page. It’s like it was meant to be off the shoulder on one side...but then wasn’t sewn together properly to create the look they were going for.

Hilary’s dress is hideous and makes me dizzy.

Ashley’s black dress is nothing special. Overall she hasn’t look as put-together and polished as she was a couple of years ago.

I’m still trying to piece together everything I missed where Dina is concerned. Her dress is lovely and I agree that it would make the perfect MOB dress.

I can’t help but to like Abby’s dress. I know most of you always disagree with my fashion taste anyway 🤣 I couldn’t wear it bc I hate yellow on me. But I’m a big fan of vintage-inspired fashion. I don’t wear it. But I LOVE it on the right people. This dress is one that I’m digging.

Soaprah

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 10:38:43 PM »
Instead of looking dressed up, Hilary looks trussed up.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 10:44:17 PM »
I can't say I liked Abby's dress, but I think mostly because I don't really like yellow. But what was worse IMO was her stick straight thin hair. It didn't look good to me at all.

Victoria's blue dress was nice, but would have been nicer without the asymmetric stuff.  It was a good colour on her.

I didn't like Ashley's black dress at all.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 05:38:03 AM »
I am one of the few who like Ashley’s dress. I actually thought she pulled the look off very well and that she looked adorable.

I loved the colour of Victoria’s dress, but the cold shoulder look just needs to go away.

I also liked Hillary’s dress.

Billie

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 08:56:05 AM »
Dina is the clear winner here.  The dress and color are lovely on her.  I love the way she has chosen to age naturally.
Victoria's blue dress was nice also and the color was gorgeous on her.
I didn't mind Abby's dress, neither loved it or hated it.
Ashley's was just OK.
A rare miss for Hillary - way too busy.

jinx

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 01:04:49 PM »
I don't like Victoria's dress. That shade of blue is not my favorite and the bare shoulder style needs to go.
Hilary's dress reminds me of fish scales. The peek hole is tacky.The only thing positive I can say is that it fits her well.
Abby's dress with its ruffles reminds me of old fashion curtains.
Ashley's black dress is okay but it's another one that's more of a cocktail dress.
Dina's dress is lovely and it fits her well. The lady has great taste in clothes most of the time.

franniep51

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2018, 07:53:46 PM »
Last week I said Abby’s top looked like my mom’s wall paper. This week she is wearing my grandma’s curtains. Yuck!

I do like the color of Victoria’s dress.