Author Topic: Fashion March 9th  (Read 292 times)

Capricorn

Fashion March 9th
« on: March 09, 2018, 12:46:40 PM »

I can't bring myself to like florals.

I like this blouse but the model has it tied better.

I don't like this dress on Lily and the thigh high boots looked awful with the gress.  This outfit is not one of Lily's best looks.

I liked this navy dress,  It looked better on screen than it does in this picture.

I liked this outfit.  Like Victoria's red blouse this black blouse on Ashley needed to be tied better.

This just looked awful.

I don't like this top or the colour.  Thank goodness Hillary didn't wear that skimpy little skirt.

Lovely dress but the right shoulder should have been up like the left side + this is just not a daytime office dress.  Cocktail party or hot dinner date attire.

Nice casual blouse.  I wear tops like this.

As usual Dina looks good.

Abby is back!  A teeny weenie little left over baby bump showing.  She looks fantastic after her recent pregnancy.  Give her two more weeks and she'll be her Olive Oylesk self.  :)

SarahTheCat

Re: Fashion March 9th
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 01:21:27 PM »
I agree with most of your comments. And yes, Ashley's camel sweater looks awful!! Awful!!! I wouldn't answer the door in that sweater!

I liked Lily's dark blue dress (or dark purple?) I found the slits and silver balls a little distracting. I think if it JUST had the shoulder slits/balls and not the neckline-to-armpit slits and balls, I would like it better. But Lily looked great anyway, as she almost always does.

I would wear Sharon's top.

Soaprah

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 01:30:22 PM »
I thought Lily's first outfit was her nightgown and matching robe. In the photo, she's holding her cup of morning joe and with no makeup and bedhead, she's just starting her day. Later, she appears at the GCAC (?) in the dress and boots.

Abby's new post-baby body looks really good but her hair-- too light, and too choppy and kinked.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 01:51:00 PM »
I thought Lily's first outfit was her nightgown and matching robe. In the photo, she's holding her cup of morning joe and with no makeup and bedhead, she's just starting her day. Later, she appears at the GCAC (?) in the dress and boots.

Abby's new post-baby body looks really good but her hair-- too light, and too choppy and kinked.

OMG was Lily really wearing that at the GCAC? I thought it was a robe too. I am going to have to go watch the show again!

Ashley's plaid skirt on the bias look straight out of 1975.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 02:00:20 PM »

I just super FFd through the show where Lily wears that robe (?) at home. I saw her walk into the GCAC and sit down with Jack - she was wearing a short purple dress with a sheer top, with a purple jacket over it. Later, at home when she and Cane have SEX ON THE SOFA (ugh!! GET THESE PEOPLE A BEDROOM SET! THE KIDS COULD WALK IN!), she was wearing the same purple dress that she had on when she was meeting with Jack.    I don't know what part of the show to watch to see her in the GCAC in this robe-like thing.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 02:04:52 PM »
That camel sweater must be Ashley's "I just got fired, welcome to my pity party" outfit.

Billie

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 04:02:23 PM »

I just super FFd through the show where Lily wears that robe (?) at home. I saw her walk into the GCAC and sit down with Jack - she was wearing a short purple dress with a sheer top, with a purple jacket over it. Later, at home when she and Cane have SEX ON THE SOFA (ugh!! GET THESE PEOPLE A BEDROOM SET! THE KIDS COULD WALK IN!), she was wearing the same purple dress that she had on when she was meeting with Jack.    I don't know what part of the show to watch to see her in the GCAC in this robe-like thing.
That was my recollection as well.  I never saw the robe with boots.  I loved that purple dress!

Goldilocks

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 04:13:04 PM »
Of all the ensembles I like Dina's the best. Hilary needs to cover her scrawny shoulders! Enough with the cutouts and off the shoulder tops with mini skirts because it's still winter in Wisconsin. Ashley's cardigan looks about three sizes too large OMG. I think the trouble with Victoria's jacket is that to me floral and tailored jacket are conflicting styles. The other day she wore a frilly sheer high necked floral blouse which looked much better on her slight frame.

Soaprah

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 05:38:57 PM »
What I meant was ( :)  the joy of trying to communicate online)-- Lily was at home wearing her nightgown and robe. Cane was leaving for work.
Lily never wore the robe with boots. She wore the dress with boots. 

jinx

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 05:41:23 PM »
I don't mind a bit of a floral print but Victoria's jacket is a little too gaudy for me. I don't like her red blouse, neither the tie effect or the sleeves.
Lily's lingerie outfit is pretty. She wore something floral with the thigh high boots but I wasn't sure it was the same one. I did not like the boots with it. Her navy dress is pretty but the buttons on the sleeves are overkill.
I don't like Ashley's black blouse.The skirt is tailored and might look better with a plain black sweater. The tan sweater is way too big. If it were longer it could be a bathrobe.
Hilary's teal number fits her well but the bare shoulder look is getting old. Her white cocktail dress is pretty but definitely not day wear.
Sharon's red sweater is pretty but I think it's a size too big. It looks better on the model.
I like Dina's outfit. The black top underneath looks better with the jacket than the pink on the model.
Abby looks good. The sweater is cute but I don't care for the laced tie on the side. Her hair is a good length but it's too white.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 06:11:59 PM »
What I meant was ( :)  the joy of trying to communicate online)-- Lily was at home wearing her nightgown and robe. Cane was leaving for work.
Lily never wore the robe with boots. She wore the dress with boots.

Haha ok got it!

Peridot

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 07:20:11 PM »
I like Victoria's floral jacket.  On my TV the colors were very vibrant.  Not so fond of the blouse in the second photo.  The color is nice but those long, floppy bows annoy me.  I always imagine them dragging through the character's food, getting in the way of work, etc.

Lily's navy dress is my favorite here.  Nice fit and professional look.

Both Ashley's outfits are sad and droopy.  The blouse and skirt look almost school-girlish.  The camel sweater is awful in every way.  No wonder Ash has that look on her face.

I get that Hilary is supposed to be a glamour puss but what's with all the shoulder-baring these days?  It's still winter.  I positively freeze for the woman.

Sharon's top, Dina's jacket, and Abby's pink sweater are all okay.  I neither love them nor hate them.

DebR

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 11:43:09 PM »
Hilary is getting thinner by the day.  I thought she looked so pretty in that white dress and I liked her hair back.  Iím surprised those big earrings didnít weigh her down, sheís so tiny now.

Twokeets

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 02:13:43 PM »
I love Abby in her pink sweater. The outfit is pretty, and pleasantly casual. Also glad she was acting like a normal person, not a ditz or a mean girl.

Billie

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 03:34:16 PM »
I don't think a day has gone by this week without looking at one of Hilary's bare shoulders.  It's getting very old...

Soaprah

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 06:15:19 PM »
I don't think a day has gone by this week without looking at one of Hilary's bare shoulders.  It's getting very old...

I was going to say the same thing!  :)   I started to wonder if she had something wrong with one of her shoulders that she felt she had to keep it covered up.