Author Topic: Lilly's Wedding Dress...Chelsea Strikes Again...Just No!  (Read 181 times)

Kramer

Lilly's Wedding Dress...Chelsea Strikes Again...Just No!
« on: February 14, 2018, 06:16:42 PM »
That dress was awful! Does anyone have photos of dress 1 and 2 to compare to this Chelsea Original?

DianeM

Re: Lilly's Wedding Dress...Chelsea Strikes Again...Just No!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »
Chelsea had only a few minutes to whip the dress together, so probably the best she could do.  It's not like anyone but Cane and the kids would see it.

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 06:48:11 PM »
It's a horrible dress.   My thoughts are that even if Chelsea had 10 years to come up with something from Lily's two gowns it would be just as ugly.

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 07:15:44 PM »
I don't remember what Lily's two wedding dresses looked like.  But the idea of a designer cobbling together a Frankengown at the last minute is just weird.  Since it was just the family, in their living room, Lily could just as well have worn a nice suit.  Now that Lily and Cane have had two weddings and a vow renewal, hopefully we can finally put paid to the Ashbys little love ceremonies.  Oh, wait.  Has little Sam had his christening yet?  Looks like Chelsea will have to put together an outfit from the twins' christening gowns.  Gahh.

deirdra

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 07:43:50 PM »
I think one of the original dresses was the simple, strapless part underneath and that the Grannie's Lace Bed Jacket part came from the other dress. The cut and length of the sleeves would be unflattering on anyone, but making Lily look bad is a feat only Chelsea could accomplish.

Billie

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 08:08:34 PM »
Even if the dress had looked good, which it did not, I would have wanted to preserve the first 2 dresses and not cut into them.  Maybe Maddie would have liked to wear one when she gets married. Horrible idea!

Kramer

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 08:25:53 PM »
My thoughts exactly. Maddie probably looked up, saw her and thought "Thanks a lot. You just ruined two dresses to make this awful thing. No way I'll ever wear this."

wanda

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 08:29:12 PM »

Lily's 1st, 2nd and 3rd wedding gowns. Drucilla's gown that Lily used to make her first wedding gown.

DianeM

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 08:30:38 PM »
On the other hand, Chelsea didn't touch Mattie's lovely and appropriate dress for a teenager, and she looked lovely.

Kramer

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 11:31:02 PM »
Um, one dress is ivory and one is white.

DebR

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 11:42:32 PM »
Hmmm I thought Lily looked pretty.  I like the first two dresses better but still didn’t think the gown was that bad and I’m not a fan of a lace “jacket”.

It was a little tight I noticed, as she walked slowly.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 07:17:28 AM »
There wasn't enough lace on the second dress to make the lace sleeves on this recent dress. 

bren

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 11:00:37 PM »
I'm with DebR.  I thought Lily looked beautiful (as always) in her firseconthird wedding dress.  (I don't know how Chelsea was able to pull it all together just before she left for the Valentine party, but this is a soap after all.)  It was snug, but Lily (CK) has the figure for it. 

SarahTheCat

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 11:45:31 PM »
There wasn't enough lace on the second dress to make the lace sleeves on this recent dress.

That is exactly what I was just about to say!

Capricorn

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 12:13:20 AM »
I think Lily looked 10 years older than she usually does.  It's a very matronly dress.  Maybe Nikki can borrow it for the next renewal of her vows to Vampire.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 12:38:53 PM »
I think Lily looked 10 years older than she usually does.  It's a very matronly dress.  Maybe Nikki can borrow it for the next renewal of her vows to Vampire.

I agree that she looked much older in that dress.