Author Topic: Fashion February 1st.  (Read 314 times)

Capricorn

Fashion February 1st.
« on: February 01, 2018, 12:08:59 PM »

This top looks unfinished.  Hope it not a new trend.

Mary Poppins or what?

I wish that like Lily, I could wear anything and look good.  The woman is blessed... clothes any clothes just looks good on her.

Cute dress on Mariah but not liking her messy hair these days.

Appropriate for Crimson Lights and Winter.  I would wear this sweater if the neckline was just a little wider.

jinx

Re: Fashion February 1st.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 02:25:21 PM »
Hilary's top reminds me of the jackets that were popular a few years ago, with a fringe down the front edge that looked unfinished to me as if the manufacturer took a shortcut to save money. That style appeared and disappeared in another year or so.

Tessa's dress is okay except for the length and the big gaping opening in the skirt. Just imagine sitting down in that.

Lily's dress is a great fit as are most of her clothes, but I don't like the color combination.

Mariah's dress is okay. Her messy hair has been looking like a floor mop to me.

Sharon's sweater is pretty. Her hair is another mess in its own way.

Soaprah

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 02:41:38 PM »
I'm so glad Lily grabbed that sideways-striped dress before Chelsea could put it on!

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 03:25:28 PM »
Hilary's knit top is okay but IMO she looks much better in deep, bright colors than this washed out pink.

Tessa is much too young to be stuck in this dreary, baggy shirt dress.  Not flattering.

Lily's dress is nice.  Lily is one woman who can get away with wearing horizontal stripes.

Mariah's dress is cute but looks more appropriate for a summer party than the office in the dead of winter.  Also not crazy about all the messy hair on her shoulders.  We get enough of that from some of the older ladies.

Sharon's top is fine but maybe a little young for her.  They do this a lot with Sharon.  I wish they'd dress her as a chic 40-something instead of a woman who raids her grown daughter's closet.

deirdra

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 03:39:40 PM »
I'm so glad Lily grabbed that sideways-striped dress before Chelsea could put it on!
;)   And Chelsea would pair it with dark ankle-height, knee-high or thigh-high boots to chop up her white legs to make her look even more short and wide.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 05:18:17 PM by deirdra »

DianeM

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 05:27:46 PM »
Sharon's top is fine but maybe a little young for her.  They do this a lot with Sharon.  I wish they'd dress her as a chic 40-something instead of a woman who raids her grown daughter's closet.
Hmm, too young for her?  I'd wear that top, and I could be her mother.  I'd wear it with some jeans or a pair of gray slacks.  If only I could afford it.

Capricorn

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 05:29:11 PM »
Me too, my oldest child is 48 and I have similar looking tops.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 05:53:10 PM »
I'd wear Sharon's top too, and I'm in my 50s. I don't think Sharon dresses too young. She dresses casually most of the time, unlike most of the other characters, and that's one of the things I like about her wardrobe.

Billie

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 08:25:28 PM »
My favorite was Mariah's dress.  I also liked Hilary's blouse and Sharon's blouse I could take or leave.  The two losers here IMO were Lily's dress (she wore it well but I hate that striped 70's look) and Tessa.  She's way too young to look so matronly.

DebR

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 10:58:58 PM »
I really like Mariahís dress.  Lilyís was nice, fit her to a tee.  Sharonís top is casual and ok.

I think Mariah has too many extensions.  I noticed knots in the back of her hair that probably is a bad job of putting them in.  Why the different lengths as well?  Almost like Laurenís uneven hair .

Maple Leaf

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 09:57:33 AM »
I didn't notice the knots in Mariah's hair, but I have been loving her look lately!

Capricorn

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 10:16:38 AM »
I didn't see any knots.  Camryn Grimes has a thick full head of hair, I see no reason for her to have extensions.  She has just cmimped her hair into a ratty style and apart from that her hair is too long... especially in that style.

Goldilocks

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 05:36:14 PM »
On a sort of related fashion topic I loved Nikki's blue dress on Thursday's show. She looks so much thinner and her "girls" are up where they belong. Her posture is better too. It looks like she's had breast reduction surgery. If not that, she is finally wearing good undergarments. Bravo!

LeannaLove

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 02:50:07 PM »

Or Lauren.  Gah.