Author Topic: Fashion Alert!  (Read 373 times)

Capricorn

Fashion Alert!
« on: January 30, 2018, 01:02:21 PM »
Today's US show Victoria is wearing an eerily similar blouse to Melania Trump's fuschia "pussy-bow" blouse... however Victoria's "pussy-bow" blouse is in baby pink.

Although it's not a style I would wear (past, present or future) it does look good on Victoria.   I have to say Victoria has been looking a lot better these days since she either had a modest boob job or acquired some really good fitting padded bras.

Not a great picture but as soon as a better picture is available I'll post it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:18:48 PM by Capricorn »

DianeM

Re: Fashion Alert!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 01:46:10 PM »
I love those blouses.  They're so feminine.

Soaprah

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 02:28:25 PM »
I had one just like Victoria's-- in 1984. I bought it as a going-back-to-work blouse after my kids were in school full time. I could never get the bow to look right, i.e. as if it wasn't strangling me.

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 02:50:19 PM »
I never wear anything that fits close on my neck, I feel as if I'm being strangled.  I don't even ever wear any type of necklace...  I think it has to be a phobia of some sort.

A group of me and my girlfriends went to see a fortune teller years ago when I was in my thirties and I was told that I was hanged in a past life, that I drowned as a child in another past life, and that I was a Spanish aristocrat in another.   It was a AHA moment for me because it explained why I couldn't wear anything like a turtleneck top or certain necklaces.   It also explained why I am afraid of large bodies of water and also why it was so easy and I was an A student when I studied Spanish.   Sounds like silliness to some people but I believed that man then and still do until this day.   He also insisted that he saw three children in my life, when I had only two and had no intention of having another... turned out that I had a surprise baby at 44.

Sorry for changing the subject.   :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 03:53:18 PM by Capricorn »

Maple Leaf

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 03:21:53 PM »
I wore blouses and skirts like Victoriaís been wearing in the early 80ís. It was all the rage.  My favourite tie at the neck blouse was a body shirt which was so comfortable and could never become untucked.  I wore it with gaucho pants.  Those were the days.

Interesting about your fortune teller, Capricorn.  I was told Iíd marry a blue eyed man who drove a blue car (he had a blue Mustang) and we would have 3 children. All happened!

franniep51

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 03:45:39 PM »
I couldnít wear anything that high up on my neck, not to mention the tie coming undone and dragging into everything.  I think it did look nice on Victoria, just not for me. Lol and neither are Phyllis and Laurenís fashions.

DebR

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 04:01:02 PM »
Victoria looks pretty in that pink blouse, it suits her, especially with her hair up.

I canít wear anything near my neck, I would constantly tug at it.

Peridot

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 07:01:45 PM »
Those bow-tie blouses always look dated to me--too '80s.  The pale pink is a nice color for Victoria, though.  I like the fabric too.

deirdra

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 08:16:08 PM »
Melania and her pussy bow blouse (from the day after Donald's Pussygate revelations) was what I thought of when Victoria appeared on screen. The colour & updo looked good on Victoria, but I cannot stand excess fabric on my chest or sleeves that could get caught in equipment or soup bowls.

wanda

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 08:26:43 PM »
I like her blouse. It was professional yet soft and feminine.

Kramer

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 10:44:44 AM »
Vintage 80's. All she needed was a plaid skirt to go with it! I did not like it.

wanda

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 12:38:41 PM »
Vintage 80's. All she needed was a plaid skirt to go with it! I did not like it.
Lol. I wore mine with a long plaid skirt and boots around 1979.

jinx

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 12:41:09 PM »
Pretty color but I thought the bow was a little too big. I like Melania's better.

Twokeets

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 11:39:00 AM »
I can't wear turtlenecks either. Even when it's cold out. Anything on my neck just bugs the heck out of me. Those stories about re-incarnation are fascinating.  I imagine I was a Jewish Spaniard in the 1500's, and also a Russian sailor--loving Spanish things, Jewish music and food, and the sea! The idea of coming back to live multiple times so that you can learn more is sort of beautiful, in my opinion.

TOUREIFFEL

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 09:36:53 AM »
I have a family picture at my dad's 60th birthday party and I am wearing a soft lavender blouse with that exact tie at the neck with a black pantsuit.  Wish I could post the photo.  It was 1976.