Author Topic: Ladies winter wear  (Read 164 times)

SAlby

Ladies winter wear
« on: January 24, 2018, 10:32:00 PM »
hi ladies, I'm not normally one to post on this board, but I've been thinking a lot about the beautiful long sleeved sweater dresses the ladies have been wearing.  I wear scrubs to work so my wardrobe is VERY limited.  Also, living in Canada, a lot of the common stores aren't in my "neck of the woods".  Could anyone recommend a reliable, true-to-size website, or Can/Am store that would be a good place to find sweater dresses (a la beautiful teal green one Victoria was wearing on Jan 23rd episode).  Thanks 😄

SarahTheCat

Re: Ladies winter wear
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:51:17 PM »
I wouldn't really describe Victoria's green dress as a sweater dress. I think of sweater knits with ribbing and cable stitching kind of stuff when you say sweater dress.

You could try the Hudson Bay website... they have a lot more on the website than they have in stores, and you can return the online stuff to a store if you've got one near you. Very handy. I bought (and returned) a lot of dresses last spring when I was looking for a dress for my daughter's wedding.

Also, I remember I think when I had signed up for an account on the site, I could tell it a few brands of dresses and sizes that fit me, and then it would tell me for other dresses, what the True size was that would match what it knew fit me.  I just can't quite remember how to set that up. But it was very handy, once I had tried on and identified a few things that fit me.

They have a sweater dress section, but I don't see anything like Victoria's dress. Try the dresses that you could wear to work section.

SAlby

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »
 Thank you for the suggestion.  The Bay does have a lot of nice stuff.  Also, I must say that I could really go on a shopping spree in the Y&R closet.  Lily has been wearing some beautiful outfits lately.  Yesterday and today....makes me wish I had an office job lol.

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »