Author Topic: Fashion December 29th  (Read 215 times)

Capricorn

Fashion December 29th
« on: December 29, 2017, 07:01:19 PM »

In my opinion all the dresses look cheap, some look frumpy and some look cheap and frumpy.   Lily and Sharon are the only ones who can wear cheap and look like a million dollars. 

Nikki's dress looks like some embroidery that my Nana used to make on the edges of her pillowcases and tablecloths.   Her necklace does not look good with the gold dress.  Nikki's hair looks fabulous though.

Victoria looks so frumpy in this dress that looks fit for a three year old flower girl.    The back of this was very bare and I swear I could count all the  bones of her spine and her shoulder blade might hurt you if you stand too close.

Chelsea - I can't say anything bad about it but I can't say anything good either.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 08:33:52 PM by Capricorn »

SarahTheCat

Re: Fashion December 29th
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 07:43:03 PM »
I didn't see the episodes, so I can only comment from the photos.

Lily looks great.

I don't like the sleeves of Nikki's dress, or the colour on her.  And I agree with you on that necklace - it doesn't go with the dress.

I don't like Sharon's sleeves either. And that dress does nothing for her good figure. It completely disguises her good figure. Blah.

Chelsea looks kind of cute. But the top half looks sort of like a bathing suit. I guess I just like that she's smiling, and her hair isn't harsh.

Victoria's dress is kind of frumpy.

Funny that you say they all look cheap - I looked them up and they are all $300 - $500. But I'm not arguing that they LOOK cheap.

DianeM

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 08:17:52 PM »
I like Lily's dress.  I didn't like the black dress she wore later.  It looked like it was made from patent leather. 

Soaprah

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 09:10:32 PM »
The only one I like is Lily's.
Chelsea's looks like a skater's dress.
Good colour on Sharon but bad style and bad fit.

Billie

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 09:15:28 PM »
The only one I like is Lily's.
Chelsea's looks like a skater's dress.
Good colour on Sharon but bad style and bad fit.
Agreed.  Lily wins this round hands down.  Chelsea's is just OK.  Did not care for Sharon's dress at all.  The rest were forgettable.

jinx

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 10:06:07 PM »
There's nothing I like here. Sharon is probably the best but I'd like it better in a dark color. Lily's is okay but the style is too little girlish. I don't remember seeing Nikki's jewelry on the show but here it definitely doesn't go with the dress. Victoria and Chelsea are tied for Worst in my opinion. Chelsea's dress looks downright cheesy.

deirdra

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 01:50:40 AM »
Chelsea looks like a gladiator, and all the other dresses with their embellishments do look cheap. Lily looks best, but that isn't saying much as her dress & Victoria's would look more appropriate on Faith.  Hopefully Sharon & Nikki are ringing out the year with those hideous bell sleeves & we won't see them again.

Peridot

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 09:59:52 AM »
I like the style and color of Sharon's dress but all that lace is a bit much.

Lily's dress is gorgeous and she looks beautiful in it.

Nikki's Goat ceremony dress is nice but the dress itself is so busy I think a simpler necklace would've been a better choice.  The sleeves are interesting and the champagne color looks good on Nikki.  I also like the upswept hair.

Victoria's dress is maybe a little too girlish for her.  Nice color, though.

Chelsea's dress seems more suited to an evening in Vegas than a living room ceremony.  All that shiny fabric is not very flattering.

jeanvn

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 12:20:23 PM »
Loved Lily's dress.  Missed  that  part of the program, since my attention  was trying to get a better view of the dress.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:30:22 PM by Capricorn »

scobe

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 02:28:19 PM »
Lily looks very pretty in this dress and I like Sharonís dress as well but not sure about those sleeves.  I think Nikki would look better if the dress were a different color.  I donít care for Victoriaís dress but I have certainly seen her looking much worse.  As for Chelsea, I agree with some of the other comments.  Her dress is kind of a mash up of a swimsuit, skating costume and a gladiator outfit, yet somehow she still looks ok.

lawgirl

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 03:51:20 PM »
I love the color of Sharon's dress, but the sleeves have got to go.

It's really difficult to believe that Chelsea is a fashion designer, when most of her designs (including the ones that she wears) are so trashy -- unless that's the genre for which she is designing.
Given her athletic build, she would be much more believable if she were designing sportsware -- or if she had a different career -- such as a swimming or tennis coach -- she has the build for it and she could interact with all of GC's angst-filled teens.