Author Topic: Fashion December 14th  (Read 257 times)

Capricorn

Fashion December 14th
« on: December 14, 2017, 12:59:13 PM »

This is so Gloria.

Victoria would look a lot better if she kept her stringy arms covered and maybe we wouldn't notice that she is shaped like an H if she lost the wide belt.

Meh

This is the type of clothes I wear - Loose and not skin tight or fitted.  Dina wins my fashion prize again.

Nice to see Lily in  a sweater.

This bright colour looks good on Hillary but this is not her style.

jinx

Re: Fashion December 14th
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 01:56:13 PM »
I think the jewelry helped Gloria pull it off but I don't care for the animal print. It looks like a bathrobe on the model.

I like Victoria's dress but I think it would better with a little more sleeve. Also, maybe it's just me, but I didn't like the bare legs with boots.

Ashley's dress is just okay but better than some of her other outfits.

Dina's bright purple is a bit much for me, but she always dresses appropriately for her age and for a comfortable look now that she's around the house. She looks very put together for someone struggling with Alzheimer's.

I don't care for Lily's bat-wing sweater or the hardware on her skirt.

The color is nice but a big No to the style of Hilary's blouse.

Peridot

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 02:09:47 PM »
Although I'm not a fan of animal prints they seem to suit Gloria.  The necklace is a bit much, even for this character.  It would look better with something less busy, like a black wrap dress.

Victoria's dress isn't flattering.  The hem is too short and the belt is too wide.

I like Ashley's blue dress but I don't get the recent habit of dressing the women in sleeveless dresses, or outfits with bare shoulders or one bare arm.  Sure, you could argue that maybe they keep their homes and offices 75 degrees but if that's the case, why are the men always completely covered, in long sleeved shirts and suit jackets?  It looks weird for winter wear.

Lily, on the other hand, knows how to dress appropriately for the season.  Nice sweater.  Dina and Hilary are also in long sleeves.  I'm not crazy about the styles of their tops but I do like the colors.

deirdra

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 10:53:51 PM »
Victoria's dress isn't flattering.  The hem is too short and the belt is too wide.
I agree.  It reminds me of what 12 year olds wore with go-go boots in 1966.

DebR

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 11:34:50 PM »
I think Victoria, Ashley and Dina look nice.  Lose the jewelry and Gloria looks good too. I donít like the style of Hilaryís top or Lilyís outfit.

Billie

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 08:56:31 AM »
I like Lily's outfit the best.
Do not like the necklace that Hillary is wearing.
Liked Gloria's outfit but the necklace was too busy for the outfit.
Dina's top was fine.
The others are just OK.

Linds

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 04:02:37 PM »
Despite her attitude lately, I liked Ashley's blue dress. I thought it brought out the colors in her face, hair etc..  It was lovely :)

Goldilocks

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 06:02:23 PM »
Lily looked very French in that outfit. All she needed was a beret. It would have made a great Halloween costume. Likewise Victoria could have worn a pair of white go go boots and let her hair hang down straight to channel Nancy Sinatra.

franniep51

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 08:14:02 PM »
I do not care for any of them. If I had to choose a best one, Victoria would win for me. That dress is kind of cute.  I'm not going to complain about her thin arms. I think she has a medical problem, one that my daughter has and it cannot be helped.