Author Topic: Is Neil still on the show?  (Read 241 times)

LucyLou

Is Neil still on the show?
« on: February 13, 2018, 08:15:10 PM »
And if not, what happened?

Iím pretty well caught up but have yet to see him or hear him mentioned.

Capricorn

Re: Is Neil still on the show?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 08:41:34 PM »
Kristoff St. John's/Neil - son committed suicide at age 24 in his room in a mental institution over three years ago. 

Kristoff and his ex-wife sued the facility for the wrongful death of their son.   The case was settled out of court recently

Kristoff recently had a breakdown and is recovering.   I think he will be back on Y&R when he's able.

DebR

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 08:42:50 PM »
The actor who plays Neil, Kristoff St. John, got depressed about his son Julianís suicide and he attempted suicide himself.  I believe it was around the anniversary of his sonís passing.  He got help and he is doing much better.  Neil will be back.

LucyLou

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 08:57:05 PM »
Oh my gosh that is terrible. I knew about his son but did not know about KSJ. Heartbreaking. But happy to hear heís doing better.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 09:08:11 PM »
Neil has been mentioned a couple of times on the show during his absence... he had to to to NYC to help Sophia and his son Moses... but I forget why. A couple of times the characters have said things like "While Neil is out of town".

SarahTheCat

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 09:08:43 PM »
The actor who plays Neil, Kristoff St. John, got depressed about his son Julianís suicide and he attempted suicide himself.  I believe it was around the anniversary of his sonís passing.  He got help and he is doing much better.  Neil will be back.

Do we know for a fact that he attempted suicide himself? I only heard that he had a mental health crisis.

Capricorn

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 09:36:04 PM »

Do we know for a fact that he attempted suicide himself? I only heard that he had a mental health crisis.

His ex-wife said this, I don't know if there was anything else said about it.

http://www.etonline.com/y-r-star-kristoff-st-johns-ex-wife-mia-sets-record-straight-his-alleged-suicide-threat-exclusive

Ricky

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 09:37:53 PM »

On the show, I believe they said Sofia was in an accident of some kind (car wreck?), and Neil is helping take care of Lil Moses while she recovers.    Neil's name is still in the cast list, but they generally don't show his picture in the opening credits or mention him very often.   As far as I know, Kristoff St. John will return to the show if/when he's able to. 

Chuckles

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 12:24:22 AM »
People suffer from so many things beyond belief.  Neil is going throw that know.  I hope something helps him.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 08:01:29 AM »

His ex-wife said this, I don't know if there was anything else said about it.

http://www.etonline.com/y-r-star-kristoff-st-johns-ex-wife-mia-sets-record-straight-his-alleged-suicide-threat-exclusive

Thanks. That's all I saw too.

Miravep

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 05:00:36 PM »
I really hope that Kristoff/Neil returns to the show.  I don't care how long it takes.  He's given a lot to the show and deserves to be welcomed back with good story when he's ready. In the meantime, sending him best wishes and thoughts.