Author Topic: JT  (Read 507 times)

Miravep

JT
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:24:22 AM »
I'm really liking his character right now.  He's on an interesting edge between super likable and kind of a jerk.  I do think Mal Young rushed him back together with Victoria, and the writing is generally choppy, which I can't stand.  But aside from that, the writing for JT is compelling.  He's grounded and sensible and nicely unaffected by Victoria's princess attitude.  Sometimes, though, he's obnoxiously demanding of her (like when he called her assistant to reschedule her meeting!). I like this mixture, keeps him edgy, kind of like the first Adam in the beginning.

He also had a beautiful scene with Tracy yesterday, talking about Colleen.  She is SO relatable and sympathetic, and I loved the very real conversation about living with grief.

To top it off, he hung up on Victoria, who was whining about Ashley nonstop, and that was absolutely delicious.

deirdra

Re: JT
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:49:52 AM »
I'm enjoying him too; the hang-up on Victoria was great but his control-freak rescheduling is a bit disturbing (it is the sort of thing Victor would do).  We still need to find out why Mac is divorcing him to figure out which side of JT will take over.

Peridot

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 11:13:49 AM »
I'm enjoying J.T.'s return too.  Except for him hooking up again so soon with Victoria.  I get that living with Reed is a big draw but J.T.'s divorce from Mac isn't even final yet and the issues he used to have with Victoria are still there, hibernating.  What I do like is seeing the history between J.T. and Billy, Traci, etc.  I think there's more going on with J.T. than the writers have told us yet.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Victoria head to D.C. for a pow-wow with Mackenzie at some point.

Fans of Thad Luckinbill can catch him in the movie Only the Brave.  I watched it recently and thought he did a nice job in a small role.

pcrchik

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 05:50:31 PM »
i thought that was him, thanks peridot!  i didn't see the movie but i caught him in one of the trailers.

i'm enjoying having j.t. back as well and that trip down memory lane with traci and the clip of he and colleen was a nice touch.  he was very good with traci and she with him, it was a nice nod to history.

katiesbeach

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 05:59:43 PM »
It's cringe-worthy how quickly those two got back-together without hardly mentioning each other for the past 17 years.  Couples that get back together, especially after so much time apart, need to thoroughly examine what broke them up the first time and if those issues still exist, (like they do here) then there is a good chance they will fail again.  And they should spend more time getting to know each other again.  After 15+ years, they have bound to both have changed so much (or at least they SHOULD have both grown and matured.)  All I see is the same old thing.

Capricorn

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 06:21:38 PM »
I'm not sure that I enjoy JT that much, I wasn't a fan when he was on before and I can take him or leave him now.  I'm just glad that there's another man in the cast of characters for all the cougars to circle.

JT seems to have a hair trigger temper... it does not bode well for Victoria and her children.   A first I thought , "here's a man that Victoria won't be able to push around."   But as time goes by I notice that Victoria is being cowed by JT and looks to me as if he's going to lose control any day now.   JT is jealous and controlling, not a good sign.

franniep51

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 06:39:37 PM »
I like him and I like him wth Victoria. It gives another dimension to Victoria. I think he has a hot head and is probably sick, we just donít know all of his story, yet. That intrigues me.

lilymae

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 07:06:08 PM »
I like him and like him and Victoria together.  I just keep wondering how much is real and not acting???  i have read they are divorced but must be hard and wondering if rekindling old flames???

DianeM

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 07:28:51 PM »
We've never read they are divorced, only that divorce papers were filed.

katiesbeach

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 08:17:43 PM »
We've never read they are divorced, only that divorce papers were filed.
I wrote in another post that they were professionals who would be able to put aside any possible personal differences to do their job.  But then, the got the characters involved and they are saying all of these thing about love and marriage and relationships...that would be tough to sell when you are going through a real life break up.  I kind of hope Ameila and Thad work it out, but that might just be my 'soap mentality' thinking everyone can fall back in love!

Miravep

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 10:42:24 AM »
It's cringe-worthy how quickly those two got back-together without hardly mentioning each other for the past 17 years.  Couples that get back together, especially after so much time apart, need to thoroughly examine what broke them up the first time and if those issues still exist, (like they do here) then there is a good chance they will fail again.  And they should spend more time getting to know each other again.  After 15+ years, they have bound to both have changed so much (or at least they SHOULD have both grown and matured.)  All I see is the same old thing.

I agree completely that the rush job Mal Young did getting them back together is a problem.  Victoria in particular has expectations and demands that seem really out of whack for a couple that just got together a few weeks ago, after not even speaking to each other for a decade.  !  And because of the choppy writing, I can't tell if we're supposed to think this is strange or not. 

katiesbeach

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 05:56:48 PM »
So are we seeing a hint of what went wrong with JT and Mack?  He was one of those jealous, over-bearing husbands?  Eh - they never stood a chance anyway.

DianeM

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 06:23:14 PM »
Maybe he's going to be abusive with Victoria and Billy will come to her rescue.

katiesbeach

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 08:49:31 PM »
Maybe he's going to be abusive with Victoria and Billy will come to her rescue.
Signs are pointing back to Victoria and Billy.  The nice slow dance ON VALENTINE'S DAY, Phyllis running around saying how happy she is with Billy, J.T. getting inappropriately jealous of Billy & Victoria.  Yep, JT's going to get abusive, Billy will ride to the rescue, and Phyllis will be left with her new sports car payments!

DebR

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 11:24:56 PM »
Iím curious where the storyline with J.T. Is going.  I never thought of his character as being abusive even if we havenít seen him in so long.  I donít like it but want to know whatís up with him.

Is he sick or is he back to cause trouble for Victoria and the Newmans?  Sounds like he wants to get back at her/them to me.

Miravep

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 09:15:46 AM »
Sheesh, after today's US episode (Valentine's Day), I can see that the teetering edge they had JT on didn't last long.  They really made out to be an abuser today.  UGH.  I'll have to forget everything I wrote above about how interesting he is as an ambiguous character.  He is now a total bully!  They seem to be replaying the Nicole Kidman story on Big Little Lies.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 09:26:11 AM »
I'd be cranky too if I had to deal with Victoria...

It looks as though he has a short fuse, but no matter how infuriated he is over Victoria's lack of attention, he needs to get a grip. 

DianeM

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 11:39:41 AM »
Okay, I imagine JT is going to turn out to be abusive.  That's probably where they're heading and why Mac is divorcing him.  However, I don't see him being annoyed with Victoria for dancing with Billy and her obsessiveness with her job a reason to call him abusive.  He has a right to be annoyed with her.

deirdra

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 11:53:02 AM »
He has a right to be annoyed with her, but was a bit over the top about it.  He should move back to the mausoleum or to the GCAC, now that he has a job.  Try dating the Newman Hag rather than living with her and being her doormat, or at least move to the apartment over the garage to be closer to Reed.

Capricorn

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 12:37:08 PM »
JT is jealous and controlling and that usually leads to isolation then physical, verbal and mental abuse.   Watch for it, I see it coming.  I could be wrong but I read  a lot, (at least 2-3 books per week) and watch a lot of documentaries.  JT has the profile of an abuser... if not an abuser then he's seriously mentally unstable and should not be around children or women for that matter.

lawgirl

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 02:04:06 PM »
Okay, I imagine JT is going to turn out to be abusive.  That's probably where they're heading and why Mac is divorcing him.  However, I don't see him being annoyed with Victoria for dancing with Billy and her obsessiveness with her job a reason to call him abusive.  He has a right to be annoyed with her.

I agree with you.  Victoria is the abuser, not JT.  I don't know why he sticks around, but I think that he has a heart related illness which will probably soon become evident.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 02:25:21 PM »
I think JT's behaviour after Victoria danced with Billy was abusive... not physically abusive, but emotionally abusive - and controlling. She didn't do anything wrong... she danced with Billy and they talked about him and Phyllis and marriage. Victoria was right to point out that Billy is the father of 2 of her children, so he will always be in her life. JT needs to get over himself. After he left the party and got home, and they talked, he should have been able to see that the dance with Billy was nothing to get up in arms over. Instead, HE WALKED OUT ON HER. He is being emotionally manipulative and controlling.

deirdra

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 02:41:33 PM »
I think both JT & Victoria are emotionally abusive. JT tends to be controlling, Victoria just focuses on herself, leaving Reed, JT & Billy to feel unseen and unloved.

DeniseC1989

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2018, 11:39:08 AM »
From experience I'm not Whenever something happens he doesn't like I am sensing his irritation. My ex-husband did the exact same thing. I can't tell you how many times we left places because I did something he didn't like. If I would have danced with an ex that would not have gone over well. Yep he's got issues.