Author Topic: Phyllis's "Evidence Board"  (Read 373 times)

SAlby

Phyllis's "Evidence Board"
« on: February 09, 2018, 12:34:29 AM »
forgive me, I'm just now watching Monday's episode (busy week). 

I'm only 5 mins in and I have to say, what kind of a rediculous excuse for an evidence board is that!  I mean come on!  A pic of a pile of money, a pic of a "Fenmore's" delivery truck, a Fenmor's business card, a Chelsea 2.0 logo, and a bunch of string leading to Alexandrea West.  Congrats to the genius prop tech who mocked this up.  This would definitely hold up in a cop shop lol. 

Oh, pardon me, a rewind and pause showed that there was also an highlighted account statement of some kind and a pic of the interior of a "store".  So, well done Phyllis, very thorough investigative work you did there bahahahahahaha.

Twokeets

Re: Phyllis's "Evidence Board"
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 02:16:56 AM »
Maybe they could dig up Ronan's big white evidence board and just wheel it out there for her.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 06:35:32 AM »
So dumb.  It is ridiculous that Phyllis jumped to the conclusion that Chelsea is the thief, without evidence, and is willing to tear up friendships over it.  The whole story is stupid.  Chelsea inherited money from Adam, she owns an expensive penthouse and her business is supposedly very successful. If she was able to skim $250K without anyone noticing, her real earnings must be far in excess of that since nobody noticed what was going on until Hillary tried to return the dress.  If the Christian paternity issue comes out, she has plenty of money to move away if she wants to.  No need to steal and hide the money in a mausoleum vault.

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 10:16:29 AM »
I don't find it dumb or ridiculous at all.  Investigation has to start somewhere and putting your thoughts down, silly as the pictures might seem, looking at them can trigger something.   Or maybe I'm the idiot here, but it's tiring to see everything made into a negative.

Winza

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 10:19:56 AM »
I agree with Cap. I liked Phyllisís investigation. So much better than endless repetitive conversations and screaming matches.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 10:42:05 AM »
I don't think it's ridiculous for Phyllis to jump to the conclusion that Chelsea did it. Finding out that Chelsea had money hidden in her condo tipped the scales.  Also Jordan did present a very good argument about Chelsea's lack of motive. Maybe a believable motive will be revealed to us at some point.

I actually didn't see the evidence board. I was multitasking, and at that point, I must have been looking at something else.

deirdra

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 12:19:38 PM »
When she goes on the run, Chelsea won't be able to use credit cards or withdraw money from any of her accounts without people being able to track her, and removing $250,000 from her own accounts would look suspicious, so stealing it was the only option.

I'm a visual person, so laying things out helps me think, but nowadays I would do it as a poster on my computer.  No doubt Phyllis is putting everything on an actual board so TPTB can have someone else see it.  Though Ronan's board idiotically faced the public front door to the GCPD, at least he had the sense to bring a bedsheet from home to cover it when he wasn't working on it in full view of everyone.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 12:34:20 PM »
When she goes on the run, Chelsea won't be able to use credit cards or withdraw money from any of her accounts without people being able to track her, and removing $250,000 from her own accounts would look suspicious, so stealing it was the only option.

But she wouldn't have to go on the run in the first place if she hadn't stolen anything. She had a successful business and plenty of money to raise her child comfortably. Stealing so that she could go on the run with just $250,000 makes no sense to me.

deirdra

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 12:41:52 PM »
I think she is going on the run to protect secrets that she has been keeping for a couple of years while living a lie - that Christian is Adam's son and that Victor brought Chloe to GC to get rid of Adam.  If Chelsea had been planning to go on the run all along, she could have moved her own money into secret accounts over time, but it appears that recent threatening texts have sped up her departure.

Victor would probably give Chelsea untraceable cash to leave town (he has make the same offer to Chloe, Tessa, and numerous other annoyances), but I doubt he'd let her take his grandspawn with her.

Capricorn

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 12:47:53 PM »
I am thinking that after Hillary outed her and Jordan on GC Buzz it made her think about her past and present.  The present being keeping the secret about Christian with Victor as her partner.   She knows Victor is not loyal or trustworthy and it could blow up anytime.   I can see why Chelsea would be paranoid and want to hoard money for a getaway.  She has been a con artist all her life and her survivor instincts are proving to be valid.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 01:36:54 PM »
I am thinking that after Hillary outed her and Jordan on GC Buzz it made her think about her past and present.  The present being keeping the secret about Christian with Victor as her partner.   She knows Victor is not loyal or trustworthy and it could blow up anytime.   I can see why Chelsea would be paranoid and want to hoard money for a getaway.  She has been a con artist all her life and her survivor instincts are proving to be valid.

If she starting thinking about fleeing when she got outed by GC Buzz, she could have just packed up her things, legally taken her money out of the bank, and left. I do not yet understand why a crime of such relative small dollar value makes sense.

deirdra

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 02:35:45 PM »
I do not yet understand why a crime of such relative small dollar value makes sense.
It does not make sense; I don't think TPTB considered Nick's history or how much it would take to live the rest of her life on the lam - or does Chelsea plan to work at other cons rather than live the high life?

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 07:04:57 PM »
I don't think Chelsea thought she would get caught and had no plans of leaving Genoa City so soon.   According to the storyline, it looks as if Chelsea intended to rip off a lot more from Lauren over a longer period of time but Hillary's announcement that she got a dress that didn't fit - triggered knowledge of something gone awry.

When I say rip off Lauren... Lauren would get a percentage of the sale through Fenmore's website and Chelsea wanted to get it all without a middle man.

Answering another question as to why Chelsea didn't just withdraw money from he own bank account... it could be that she didn't want to set off any flags until she was good and ready to leave town  OR maybe she has moved her money already.  We don't know what Chelsea has done or not done with her money.

Peridot

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 07:07:06 PM »
I'm not sure how well Phyllis's evidence would hold up in court, but let's face it.  Phyllis came to the correct conclusion WAY faster than bumbling old Chief Williams.  If Paul had been on the case he would've arrested a couple of innocent people by now, not to mention completely disregarding anything that pointed to Chelsea.

Soaprah

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 08:25:16 PM »
I suggest Phyllis hand over her evidence board to the Chief once her investigation is complete. The Chief might pick up a few pointers.  ::)

Maple Leaf

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 09:48:48 PM »
Although Iím not happy in the direction Chelseaís character is taking, especially since the actress is leaving, but Iím really enjoying Phyllis playing detective. Iím anxious to see how the story pans out!