Author Topic: Some things I'm liking these days  (Read 414 times)

Winza

Some things I'm liking these days
« on: February 08, 2018, 09:10:47 AM »
Phyllis the Junkyard Dog vs. Chelsea the Squirrel-Chattering Con Artist.  My money is on Phyllis.

Billy being the wise one for a change and being funny about it during his conversation with Jack.  Nice to see this rift being repaired.

Ashley besting Victoria at every turn.  Go Ashley!

Sharon still holding it together and being a good Mom to Mariah during this rough patch she's going through.

Dina popping in virtually (I'll take Dina any way I can get her)

Devon out-smarting the Monster that is Now Hillary.  Really liking Devon sans Neil these days.

Billie

Re: Some things I'm liking these days
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 09:17:39 AM »
Winza, you summed it up nicely.  I agree with everything that you wrote.

TOUREIFFEL

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 09:24:09 AM »
Where's the "like" button?  Very well put, Winza. 

Miravep

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 09:25:23 AM »
I agree with all that. 

Especially glad that Phyllis has something to do.  She's a strong character played by a terrific dramatic actress, and should have something to do besides cutesy kitchen scenes and looking sexy.

And I've been loving Devon as an adult, too.  Bryton has been superb ever since Devon's had to run Hamilton Winters on his own.  He is actually believable, and compelling, in the workplace.  SUCH a contrast with AH's Victoria.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 10:25:25 AM »
I agree with all that. 

Especially glad that Phyllis has something to do.  She's a strong character played by a terrific dramatic actress, and should have something to do besides cutesy kitchen scenes and looking sexy.

And I've been loving Devon as an adult, too.  Bryton has been superb ever since Devon's had to run Hamilton Winters on his own.  He is actually believable, and compelling, in the workplace.  SUCH a contrast with AH's Victoria.

I haven't been watching much lately, but I think Bryton has been superb for a long time. He's a very natural, believable actor. Remember back in the Tucker days when Devon had a music business? He was a believable businessman back then too.

LeannaLove

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 12:14:27 PM »
I can take or leave JT but I do like how he's not afraid to stand up to Grampire.  I loved the scene a few weeks back when he told Victor and Nikki, politely but firmly, that Reed was his and Victoria's son and would be returning to live with them, not with his grandparents.

Peridot

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 07:20:17 PM »
I agree on many of these.  Ashley butting heads with Victoria is very entertaining.  Fun seeing Victoria making a superhuman effort to remain cool in the face of Ashley's power plays, when inside you just know she's bursting a gasket.  Both actresses are doing a good job with the material.

Also enjoying Phyllis going after Chelsea.  So much more watchable than Phyllis romping with Billy.

I also have to agree about Devon.  With Neil currently out of the picture Devon is coming into his own.  I like the fact that he's not letting anyone--Hilary, Tessa, Ashley, or Victoria--ride roughshod over Hamilton-Winters.

wanda

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 09:16:57 PM »
Yep. I agree with all of these too.

DebR

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 11:09:59 PM »
I agree with all of these except Dina.  I just donít like seeing her that way.  I like spunky Dina.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 06:28:40 AM »
I'm really enjoying watching Ashley bait Victoria and learning that Victor knows what she is doing and thinks it is a fine thing.  Victoria has such thin skin, with reason, since she is a terrible businesswoman.  I don't think Ashley believes she will ever be CEO of NE.  She's just enjoying the game.  I also enjoyed watching Ashley throw Jack's grand gesture in his face.  Time he learned that there are some lines you do not cross because you can never step back from them.

Capricorn

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 10:20:18 AM »
Well thank goodness for a thread that is positive.  Thank you Winza for posting it.  I'm enjoying the storyline points you made.

Ricky

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 01:13:30 PM »

I'm enjoying all of these things, too.   

While I'm sorry that Kristoff St. John has been unable to tape shows for a while, it's really been enjoyable to see Bryton given the opportunity develop into a strong, mature, kind, and principled young leading man.

I've never been a terribly big fan of Thad Luckinbill, but I'm starting to detect the purpose of his return.    (Victoria has plopped him down right in the middle of Ashley's new orbit and brushed him aside a few times too many.  How long before the inevitable happens?  ;)     

SarahTheCat

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 02:33:59 PM »
I have hardly watched at all after the new writers took over after SS left. I didn't like the way it seemed so choppy, and it seemed that there was less decent dialog and leaning a bit more towards the Pratt Disaster style.

But I watched the last week, and I was pretty ok with it.  There is lots of character interaction that is relationship based. 

And even though I mostly just "listen" while I do other things, dammit, Nick's looking pretty fine and I couldn't look away when he was on screen.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 02:50:29 PM »
I'm not minding the new writing so much now.   I guess I've gotten used to the sudden change in characters' personality, but a change is as good as a rest.  Looking forward to see what's coming!