Author Topic: The shortest party on record.  (Read 321 times)

Augie

The shortest party on record.
« on: February 07, 2018, 01:56:13 PM »
They should have thrown Ashley into the fray (oops....party) for Victoria to freeze up and fight with.  Poor thing was left out of her own shindig.  Oh well.....all the more of JTís home cooked((?) dinner for her to pig out on.  However, how he could come up with more than a can of chili on such short notice beats me.  Or maybe a quick call to Sharon at CL worked (?).  Iíve never seen an Esther clone over there.  Anybody catch that?

Capricorn

Re: The shortest party on record.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 02:50:48 PM »
There you are Augie!

That dinner "party" was such a farce and  such contrived plot writing as a prelude to Chelsea's departure from Genoa City.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 03:23:38 PM »
I loved how Victoria started to clean up the living room.  She just balled up a blanket and relocated the ever present stuffed toys.  🙄

deirdra

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 04:08:33 PM »
It all highlighted the fact that Victoria hasn't had any real friends since Sabrina in reliquary school.

wanda

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 04:15:41 PM »
Why in the world would JT have invited Billy and Phyllis? (I know, plot driven). JT and Billy don't get along. This was a celebration for JT and Victoria's anniversary. Why invite an ex husband? Phyllis and Victoria never got along. Not even way back when Phyllis was married to Nick and Victoria was her sister in law.

Next observation. I wish I would have had a score card to remember who had been with whom.
Victoria and JT- exes
Victoria and Billy - exes
Nick and Phyllis - exes
Billy and Chelsea - ex boyfriend and girlfriend
Billy and Phyllis - current

So...
Billy was with all 3 women.
Chelsea was with 2 of the men
Phyllis was with 2 of the men
Victoria was with 2 of the men
Nick was with 2 of the women.
JT was only with 1.

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 04:24:56 PM »
Billy should have mentioned that he has slept with all the women in the room.  Once when Rock-On, Paul & Michael were in a room with Pristine & Lauren, Lauren made such a comment to Pristine, just saying what we viewers were all thinking.

I am inclined to think the stuffed animals are really Victoria's and she curls up with them sucking her thumb and twirling her hair whenever Daddy, Abby, Ashley, etc. says something mean to her.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:20:31 PM by deirdra »

Penelope P Parkinfarker

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 04:25:31 PM »
I also got a kick out of Victoria gathering up the stuffed animals of the "seldom seen" smaller kids. Aren't they getting a little big to play with stuffed toys? Maybe not...........  I thought maybe JT gave Reed permission to go to an event, because of the impromptu dinner party but then it was stated that the kids were upstairs, when voices were being raised.  How were JT and Victoria going to  (ahem) "celebrate" after the dinner party with the kids being upstairs? Were they watching themselves? LOL

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »
That breakdown wanda is why Y&R should try harder to keep new characters instead of:

Killing them off
Having them go on vacations and never come back
Having then leave in disgrace
Having them get a job in another city
Writing them into a corner then there is nothing left but to write them off.
Villainize them, viewers hate them, TIIC listen to viewers and get rid of them

Y&R needs to get a few more families and single men and women who are:

Not related to the 3 core families
Have not had sex with any of them
Does not depend on Newman Enterprises, Jabot or Chancellor Industries for a pay cheque/check.

I'm sick and tired of all the old core families.

pcrchik

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 06:38:30 PM »
That breakdown wanda is why Y&R should try harder to keep new characters instead of:

Killing them off
Having them go on vacations and never come back
Having then leave in disgrace
Having them get a job in another city
Writing them into a corner then there is nothing left but to write them off.

Does not depend on Newman Enterprises, Jabot or Chancellor Industries for a pay cheque/check.

hear! hear!

wanda

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 07:58:09 PM »

I always think they get rid of the characters that we do like. Look how many years we've been villianizing Victor and he is still around.

I agree.  I am really getting sick of the core families too.

DebR

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 11:35:01 PM »
I wonder what J.T. Served.  He told Billy to be there in an hour!

Twokeets

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 09:33:49 AM »
I was wondering how JT came up with "hors d'oeuvres." What, in his kitchen, would constitute hors d'oeuvres? I kept thinking of the Three Stooges serving dog biscuits on a silver platter with canned peas on top of them.

DianeM

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 11:27:06 AM »
He probably stopped off at the GCAC and picked up some of their appetizers....or just served chips and salsa. 

LeannaLove

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 12:02:48 PM »
I loved how Victoria started to clean up the living room.  She just balled up a blanket and relocated the ever present stuffed toys.  🙄

Thinking back to the days when my boys were toddlers, that living room scene was totally unrealistic (but I do get a kick out of it whenever Victoria stomps around picking up stuffed animals... "pick up 2-3 stuffed toys...wad a blanket into a ball..rake fingers through hair..." -- that's Victoria's take on a frazzled mom.) 

My boys were a mini demolition squad and the house was usually wrecked by noon.  I remember my husband once saying "it looks like a Lego bomb went off in here."  LOL.  That "mess" was nothing but of course Victoria the drama queen has to overreact.

deirdra

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 12:47:59 PM »
I'd love to see Johnny & Katie dump a huge tub of Legos all over the living room as the doorbell rings.  Victoria would still be picking them out of her teeth hours later, since she never asks the kids to pick up their own toys or disciplines them in any way, yet wonders why Reed doesn't listen to her.