Author Topic: Doesn't make sense why Chelsea is stealing from herself.....  (Read 361 times)

stpauliegirl

Doesn't make sense why Chelsea is stealing from herself.....
« on: February 07, 2018, 07:36:20 AM »
and Fenmore's.  Most successful designers sell their clothes on a variety of venues - brick and mortar stores, catalogues, and the internet.  Most sell their clothes at many different retailers, so it just doesn't make sense that Chelsea would steal from the clothes slated to be sold at Fenmore's.  They keep referencing how successful she is and how many employees she has (that we never see), so presumably she is selling her designs other places besides Fenmore's too.  Why the need to steal?  It is her business, so Nick doesn't have a right to see how much she is earning.  She could stash her cash legitimately, and nobody would need, or have the right to know

wanda

Re: Doesn't make sense why Chelsea is stealing from herself.....
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 08:48:40 AM »
I don't understand it either. I'm sure the writers will have some ridiculous convoluted story full of holes as to why she stole it.

franniep51

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 09:19:36 AM »
If she steals from herself Chelsea receives 100% of the money instead of part.  That is the only explanation I can come up with. Stealing may be her thrill.

I wonder if Chelsea is having some sort of mental breakdown or a “tumah” that is making her return to her past ways. If so, she can go to a mental facility to be written out. 

Maple Leaf

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 03:25:14 PM »
I’m hoping it’s because she’s being blackmailed about keeping the secret about Christian.  I hate seeing her going out by reverting to her crooked ways.

lawgirl

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 02:37:24 PM »
It doesn't need to make sense.  The character is being written out due to the actresses leaving and having Chelsea revert to her "con" ways is the easiest for the writers. It's too bad, because I thought the storyline was leading to an Adam return -- my bad.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 06:39:35 AM »
OK, now she's saying she's doing it for Christian and Connor, in case the truth about Christian's paternity comes out.  That makes no sense either.  She has plenty of money earned legitimately.  She owns a Penthouse, she inherited money from Adam, her business is supposedly successful.  Or at least so successful that she was able to steal $250 K without anyone noticing.  That would lead me to believe her legitimate sales are far in excess of that and that, so that the amount of inventory that went missing was a small percentage of the total.

lilymae

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 04:01:59 PM »
The writers are just plain dumb!  I don't think they even watch the show!  Apparently they hire anyone and I do believe most of us on this message board could do a better job!