Author Topic: Feb 4 set your PVR for extra time  (Read 703 times)

deirdra

Feb 4 set your PVR for extra time
« on: February 02, 2018, 10:10:58 PM »
How helpful that there are previews for this post-Super Bowl show to tell non-football-watchers to set their PVRs for extra time.  Wouldn't want to miss any scenes of Jack running through a house fully engulfed in flames :s

Money Honey

Re: Feb 4 set your PVR for extra time
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 01:17:40 AM »
Thanks, and the cast of This Is Us will also be on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
after their show, and the news.  I set mine for 3 hours, to catch everything, and erase
the other not needed.   

supagal21

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 01:31:41 AM »
Oh no. I forgot to set it for extra time so I missed a lot. Can someone tell me what happened. It stopped where Kevin was sitting under the tree by the water

wanda

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 08:01:05 AM »
Deja showed up on Randall's doorstep at the end. If you saw any scenes with a woman talking to  little boy anout finding him a family, that was Randall's oldest daughter all grown up. I guess now we are seeing flash forwards. She told Randall that she liked that they are fostering. I guess that is the profession she went into.

Money Honey

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 09:15:26 AM »
Thanks, for telling about the girl at the adoption agency, because I wondered about
her when he kissed her on the cheek.  Randall had to talk with his daughter before
the girl showed up.  How did that work, because she looked downstairs, and saw the
girl with her parents in the living room, went back to her room smiling.  I thought
they were getting the little boy, because Randall said that they needed more guys
in the house.

I didn't watch last season, nor this one, but I always read the board about the show. 
I had to see the part with Jack, since they said that he had died during the fire.  I felt
that I had posted a lie about that, when he didn't, but they weren't finished.  His lungs
got scarred from the smoke.  It was sad, to see the mirrored image of Jack laying in
the bed.  Did  Becky really call Miguel first, and how did she get with him later? 

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 11:58:04 AM »
With the flash forwards and scenes set up to make you think the opposite of what is really going to happen, I think I am done with this show and the mediocre acting by the adults.  I usually like Sterling K. Brown, but the over-the-top fake love of Superbowl was not entertaining. 

Capricorn

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 03:29:44 PM »
After reading this thread, I'm so glad that I gave up This Is US after the 2nd episode of Season 2.   I hate the flashbacks, I don't think I could stomach flashforwards.

katiesbeach

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 04:46:05 PM »
I haven't watched the past 4 or 5 episodes.  I think the last one I watched was the episode where Kate miscarried.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 11:14:03 PM »
That episode made me cry a few times. 

I hope they aren't going to do too many flash forwards.

supagal21

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 05:03:02 PM »
I was a little disappointed, I don't know this episode didn't move me as much as the previous ones. May be i expected too much after all the talks.

katiesbeach

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 05:29:42 PM »
What got to me was when he went back in the window and the flames were everywhere.  Rebecca was screaming, and I was thinking how horrible that it would be to watch that.

But then when he came out the front door with the dog, I kind of checked out, because guess what?  We knew he died, and it was related to the fire  - so that was kind of a cheap trick

DebR

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 11:39:37 PM »
40 million people watched so I guess the show did well after the Super Bowl.
Most watched telecast in 6 years after the game.

deirdra

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 12:56:59 PM »
Most watched telecast in 6 years after the game.
Most watched, but over-hyped.  I was disappointed with the gimmicks and probably won't tune in again.  How many of the other 5 shows are still on the air?

SarahTheCat

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 01:51:46 PM »
What got to me was when he went back in the window and the flames were everywhere.  Rebecca was screaming, and I was thinking how horrible that it would be to watch that.

But then when he came out the front door with the dog, I kind of checked out, because guess what?  We knew he died, and it was related to the fire  - so that was kind of a cheap trick

It seemed really unrealistic that he would have been able to go back in and save the dog AND find the special items to throw into a bag and save. There was just WAY too much smoke and flames for me to accept that.

Billie

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2018, 09:13:35 PM »
Wow, I really am in the minority here but I loved this show.  I really cried.  Kudos to the poster for pointing out that the foster counselor was grown up Tess.  I don't mind the flashbacks or the forward flashes, it makes it interesting to me.  Although Sterling Brown clearly brings the most to the table, acting wise, Justin Hartley is starting to grow into the role. 

SarahTheCat

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 02:49:54 PM »
Wow, I really am in the minority here but I loved this show.  I really cried.  Kudos to the poster for pointing out that the foster counselor was grown up Tess.  I don't mind the flashbacks or the forward flashes, it makes it interesting to me.  Although Sterling Brown clearly brings the most to the table, acting wise, Justin Hartley is starting to grow into the role.

I cried too, quite a few times.

And I was glad I had read in advance that the foster counselor was grown up Tess. I know for sure I would have thought that Randall's family was getting a boy to foster. And yes, I would have understood when Randall came to her office to go out for lunch. But I would have been confused for a bit, so, I'm glad I knew.