Author Topic: February 1st show  (Read 410 times)

BONNIEJ

February 1st show
« on: February 01, 2018, 09:32:54 PM »
Awesome show! Realize it was meant to be a PSA, having had 4 heart attacks myself, I hope this helps women realize that they don't present heart attacks the same way a men does. My 1st heart attack, I had pain down my back, across my shoulders, had neck surgery 4 months prior thought it was that, went to the ER, spent 4 hours there,  they did NO TESTS, they sent me home, said I had pulled muscles, went home, suffered in constant pain for 2 days, taken by squad again to hospital, taken to our best local heart hospital, diagnosis HEART ATTACK WITH A 98% BLOCKAGE!  They tell me now, I will continue to need stents placed as there is so much damage to the heart muscle. I now have 7 stents and they are thinking about a pacemaker/ defibrillator to help when the heart stops, be cause it will one day. If you are a woman and something doesn't feel right insist on testing, you know your body and know when something doesn't feel right.

Goldilocks

Re: February 1st show
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 05:47:11 PM »
So sorry to hear about your heart problems Bonnie. Once I had to go to the ER due to what turned out to be GI issues but they were very thorough in checking me out with all kinds of tests for possible heart problems. They kept me overnight for observation and gave me a stress test in the morning before releasing me. I had to follow up with a cardiologist and a gastroenterologist. Proper prompt diagnosis is very important. When Rosie O'Donnell had a heart attack her story got people realizing that women's heart attack symptoms can be very different from men's.