Author Topic: Convenient children  (Read 235 times)

maxie

Convenient children
« on: February 01, 2018, 12:17:43 AM »
Ah, the joys of being a soap opera parent.  Lately, the Nick/Chelsea scenes have been devoid of even a mention of the whereabouts of Conner and Christian, much less any evidence of them living at the apartment.  The business about the bathroom redo and now the money, with Nick and Chelsea both running in and out,  made me wonder where those little boys are.  Too young for the proverbial ''sleepovers", so I guess there is a nanny who keeps them sequestered in their room at all times.  I realize there is no need to have a child on air unless called for by the script, but I am always just amused by how very easy it is to be a parent on a soap.

DebR

Re: Convenient children
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 12:27:04 AM »
I always say it must be nice having a tv child.  They are usually well behaved when on and conveniently absent when things are heating up during an adult moment.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 07:34:32 AM »
Other than an array of stuffed toys (suitable for infants) scattered all over Victoria's couch, there is barely a sign that children live there. 

stpauliegirl

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 07:44:16 AM »
Both Chelsea and Victoria talk about the "babysitter", but they must have full-time, live in Nanny's from the way the come and go at all hours of the day and night.  Victoria just got back from an out of town business trip and has now announced she is taking an impromtu trip to Paris to check on Abby.  She hasn't discussed her absence with Billy, so I assume the Nanny will be looking after Katie and Johnny while she is gone.  She must be exclusively upstairs because we never see her.  Else she must be assuming JT will be willing to babysit her kid while she is gone.  I wouldn't put that past her.

Peridot

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 03:32:53 PM »
I know it's not always easy to have babies and toddlers onscreen.  Still, it annoys me that kids on soaps so often are little more than props.  So many of them seem to be the result of unplanned pregnancies, where the paternity is often in question.  Once the kid has served its purpose in creating drama between the characters, they're out of sight, out of mind.  Victoria, for instance, might as well not even have Johnny and Katie, for all we see of them.  IMO it would be better to have fewer children and see them a little more often.

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 03:34:09 PM »
Cane should start looking for a more reliable nanny.  This one took off for several days the week after she was hired and doesn't show up on time.  Cane and Sam should move back to the mausoleum where Esther will give up her life for the baby.  And we wouldn't need to see Cane in his wifebeater, greasy hair & face, and shit-eating grin that is creepy, not sexy.

maxie

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 05:14:08 PM »
Wow, I could not agree with you more, deirdra.  Especially about the spot-on description of Cane. 

DianeM

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 05:20:48 PM »
Even the older children are conveniently absent during sexy times.  How did Cane know that Charlie or Mattie wouldn't come home early from school?  Would have made more sense for him to set up his spa massage table in their bedroom instead of the living room.

deirdra

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 05:25:14 PM »
The massage table in the living-room was cringe worthy, but with Sam sleeping in their bedroom, Creepy Cane probably didn't want to keep him up.

LeannaLove

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 06:12:18 PM »
I haven't watched today's episode yet but when Chelsea left the house after Nick exited yesterday, I thought "who's watching the boys?"  It was late at night, Nanny must be a live-in?