Author Topic: Why was Chelsea hiding money in Adam's burial vault?  (Read 1071 times)

stpauliegirl

Why was Chelsea hiding money in Adam's burial vault?
« on: January 31, 2018, 08:22:53 PM »
I don't recall them even being able to retrieve any of his remains, so there wasn't much in there, but I don't understand why she would put part of the money there.  She only put two packets in the vault when there were several more, so I'm wondering why she did that.  Was she putting it somewhere where Adam could access it if he returned, or was she putting it there for herself?  She knows Victor had raided Nick's bank accounts, so maybe she was leery about depositing this money in a bank for fear Victor would do that to her.  I wouldn't  put it past him.  He's a vile old man who doesn't have qualms about stealing from his children and grandchildren.

wanda

Re: Why was Chelsea hiding money in Adam's burial vault?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 09:00:09 PM »
I kept wondering if anyone with a screwdriver can open a cemetery vault like that? That mesns anyone can open them and steal and  vandalize someone's final resting place.  I would think you would need a special tool to open them.

deirdra

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 09:48:54 PM »
I thought the same thing, wanda.

DebR

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 11:21:39 PM »
I kept wondering if anyone with a screwdriver can open a cemetery vault like that? That mesns anyone can open them and steal and  vandalize someone's final resting place.  I would think you would need a special tool to open them.

That was a weird scene, how easily she opened it, unless it had already been opened before.  Which is still odd that no one noticed it had been broken into since it was easily accessible.

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 11:56:19 PM »
Chelsea is and always was a con artist... so where there's a will there's a way.  If anyone would know how to do something underhanded it's Chelsea.

Chuckles

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 12:14:43 AM »
Wanda, when I saw her opening the vault with a plain old screwdriver, I also said anybody could get in any of the vaults.  I thought they never recovered Adam's remains after the explosion.  This whole thing doesn't make sense.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 07:33:23 AM »
I doubt you can break into a cemetery vault so easily, else there would be vandalism happening every day.  Most vaults like that are also in a mausoleum that presumably is locked at night.

Overlooking the implausibility of Chelsea breaking into the vault so easily, the question remains, "Why did she hide the money there in the first place?"  Makes no sense - to me anyway.

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 10:36:27 AM »
It's the last place anyone would look for it, I would guess, although she has no reason to hide it.  Nick knows and I'm sure several people know by now.

I also don't think anyone would be vandalising a mausoleum vault, modern day vaults are spaced only for the remains in an urn. It's not as if the vaults contain jewelry that would make someone want to steal anything.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 08:47:16 PM »
If MCE is leaving the show, something is going to happen where Chelsea will feel the need to run away.  My guess is that Victor will tell Nick about Christian's true paternity and that Chelsea has known about it practically from the first.  Chelsea knows this is coming and stashed the money for her and Connor's escape.

wanda

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 10:02:52 PM »
Ya know, the way these rich folks are accustomed to living, a quarter of a million really isn't much money. Plus she donated some to that building project. I think Chelsea stashed half of that money in the vault which is only $125,000. She can't live very long on that.

monkeymome3

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 12:02:43 PM »
Am I wrong in saying that Chelsea has a ton of money, why does she need this small amount?

Miravep

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 12:15:51 PM »
My concern is, if she goes away by herself (for whatever reason), the show can't bring Adam back to town.  There's no way Adam would come live in GC if Chelsea were living somewhere else.

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 02:40:45 PM »
That's like saying that Victor could no longer be on the show if Nikki left Y&R.  Of course Adam can be back in Genoa City if Chelsea is gone.  Adam had female friends before Chelsea and he can have them after Chelsea.

Billie

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 04:35:11 PM »
Also, he's part of the core family, the son of the Goat daddy.  He can easily fit in without without Chelsea.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 07:17:49 AM »
If Adam returns, he might not be best pleased his wife is shacking up with his brother.  He might not be that upset she's gone - especially if she leaves Connor behind.  There might be more money in the vault than than we think.  I think it is fairly obvious now that Adam didn't hid that money, Chelsea did.  Shes been stealing from herself and hiding the stash in the wall.  When Nick found the money, she moved it to Adam's empty mausoleum vault.

Miravep

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 12:35:19 PM »
I just meant how would they explain why Adam would move to Genoa City when Chelsea lived somewhere else?  The last we saw Adam, he wanted to live with her anywhere they could.  He'd much rather move somewhere else if Chelsea and Connor were there.  It would be really really hard to explain why he would choose to live far away from Chelsea and Connor, instead of with them.

But maybe Stpauliegirl is right, and Adam would be so furious with Chelsea for being with Nick that he would gladly ditch her.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 01:04:46 PM »
I just meant how would they explain why Adam would move to Genoa City when Chelsea lived somewhere else?  The last we saw Adam, he wanted to live with her anywhere they could.  He'd much rather move somewhere else if Chelsea and Connor were there.  It would be really really hard to explain why he would choose to live far away from Chelsea and Connor, instead of with them.

But maybe Stpauliegirl is right, and Adam would be so furious with Chelsea for being with Nick that he would gladly ditch her.

They just have to bring him back after being with Chelsea a short while and say that she died. Or that she's in prison and she did something so horrible he can't forgive her.

wanda

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2018, 01:12:06 PM »
I think from what I've read, it will be left open for Chelsea to come back sometime.

Twokeets

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 08:26:19 PM »
On Friday when they showed Chelsea removing the vault front panel again, I noticed when she put it down that there were no holes in it. They clearly showed the back of it--plain white, no holes. Yet she had used her trusty screwdriver to unscrew the metal corner decorations. Such observations are pretty nit-picky, I know, but it just added to the unbelievability of it all.

jinx

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2018, 02:26:10 PM »
I don't understand why she would have hidden it in the bathroom vent in the first place. She should know there was a risk that Nick or the contractor would find it. I don't know what all was done in there but Nick talked about drywall. Even a vibration could make it fall and be seen.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2018, 02:51:00 PM »
She should have kept it in a safe deposit box at the bank.  That would seem more logical to me.

deirdra

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 06:24:55 PM »
How many times can the front be removed before all the screws are stripped?  I doubt they are meant to withstand daily unscrewing & re-screwing.

If you search for images of outdoor columbarium styles, you don't typically see any screws on the face.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 06:33:56 PM by deirdra »

Peridot

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 09:34:29 AM »
If Chelsea was indeed squirreling away money for herself, or for Adam, and wanted to keep it away from Victor the plan clearly didn't work.  The whole story seems to me like a contrivance to explain the actress's departure from the show.

wanda

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 09:59:00 AM »
If Chelsea was indeed squirreling away money for herself, or for Adam, and wanted to keep it away from Victor the plan clearly didn't work.  The whole story seems to me like a contrivance to explain the actress's departure from the show.

Victor must have someone following Chelsea. I was surprised when Victor handed Chelsea the stack of cash. Although I guess I shouldn't have been. The All Great Victor Newman knows all, sees all.

Capricorn

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 10:43:36 AM »
He didn't really "hand" the money to Chelsea, he just showed it to her. 

This just shows that no matter who is writing for Y&R... they continue to portray Victor as god or maybe santa clause who knows all and sees all and is capable of doing any and everything, even the impossible.

Does Victor have minions following everybody in Genoa City because he sure knows everything about everybody.

It's this kind of writing for the Victator that makes me hate this character and wish he would just die already.

wanda

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 12:39:50 PM »

It's this kind of writing for the Victator that makes me hate this character and wish he would just die already.

What is the life expectancy of someone living with a transplaned heart? Especially someone so old. Worst decision Traci ever made.

Peridot

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 02:07:02 PM »
Does Victor have minions following everybody in Genoa City because he sure knows everything about everybody.

That would certainly be my guess.  Victor could easily have had one of his henchmen unscrew Adam's memorial and retrieve the cash.  Or maybe the old man did it himself.  Grampire could've opened the thing with his bare teeth, no screwdriver necessary!

Winza

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 02:31:03 PM »
He didn't really "hand" the money to Chelsea, he just showed it to her. 

This just shows that no matter who is writing for Y&R... they continue to portray Victor as god or maybe santa clause who knows all and sees all and is capable of doing any and everything, even the impossible.

Yes, disappointing, isn't it?  Only thing I can think of that makes this make sense -- other than the vile one's omnipotence -- is that he warned Chelsea a while back about the Christian secret and, perhaps. read correctly that she was wavering about this and had her followed for a while.  Hence, his PI spotted the con she was pulling.

DebR

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 11:24:19 PM »
How many people are going to open that vault?  Today Nick opened it with a teeny tiny pocketknife from what I could barely see.  How many times has it been opened since this topic was posted?   ???