Author Topic: Casting News  (Read 282 times)

Capricorn

Casting News
« on: January 31, 2018, 01:36:44 PM »
"The Young and the Restless" has put out casting calls for four new roles to Genoa City.

According to Soap Opera Digest, "Y&R" is looking for a tall, good-looking African-American male between the ages of 30 and 40 to play 'Don'.

As well as a beautiful female in her twenties to play the contract role of 'Claire', who is intelligent, ambitious, and driven.

The show is also seeking an actor in his late twenties to early thirties to portray the dashing and sophisticated 'Caleb' (also a contract role)

And a teenage female to fill the role of 'Ella', who is described as lovely and spunky.

Capricorn

Re: Casting News
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 01:41:29 PM »
Didn't they just have and ruined the Jordan character who fits the African American 30 - 40? (well he wasn't that good looking but still...)

Claire sounds like Summer

Caleb sounds like Kyle

Ella sounds like a SORASed Faith.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:56:32 PM by Capricorn »

deirdra

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 02:14:06 PM »
Claire sounds like Summer
except for the "intelligent, ambitious and driven" part - but taking her in the opposite direction is the only way to salvage the character who was dumb, lazy and entitled.   

Maple Leaf

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 05:20:35 PM »
I wish they were looking for a 90 year old man to take over the role of Victor Newman ... 😏

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 05:32:57 PM »
 :o :) :D ;D

SarahTheCat

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 06:07:33 PM »
I wish they were looking for a 90 year old man to take over the role of Victor Newman ... 😏

I wish they were looking for a funeral director.

Peridot

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »
If "Caleb" is supposed to be Kyle, then I'm LOL at the dashing and sophisticated part.  Kyle always seemed rather chuckleheaded to me.  But hopefully he's matured in his absence.

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 06:43:09 PM »
Dashing I might be able to see but sophisticated is a bit of a stretch when it comes to Kyle.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 07:14:48 PM »
LOL STC!

DebR

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 11:35:58 PM »
More new characters are welcomed.  Hopefully they’re not rushed off without a goodbye like Scott. 

Miravep

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 09:10:05 AM »
Every head writer seems to get rid of the previous regime's new characters to bring in different new characters.

Most likely in this case, two of them are just recasts of older characters, Kyle and Summer.  I look forward to Kyle.  Jack needs another Abbott right now.  But I never ever need to see Summer again.  She has never been "intelligent, ambitious, and driven" by any stretch of the imagination.  So maybe during her time away, she's changed personalities.  I hope so.