Author Topic: Oh, poor wittle homeless Tessa NOT! MERGED How is Tessa Homeless?  (Read 612 times)

Winza

I feel absolutely no sympathy for this character, seen at the end of the episode pathetically rolling out her sleeping bag on the couch in Devon's office.  Years ago one of my company's board members used the expression "self-inflicted wounds" and this clearly applies in this case.  The character has had a rough early life, but she's consistently lied to people who have been kind to her, including Devon, who has no idea she is sleeping in his office.  Devon had a pretty rough start to his life, but he's an ethical person.  There's just no excuse, Tessa.

And for heaven's sake, you made some money while signed to Devon's label.  Where the heck is it?  You couldn't afford a cheap hotel room or an airbnb?

Just not buying the Poor Pitiful Pearl routine.  Unless she's using it to bag herself billionaire soft touch Devon . . . .

wanda

Re: Oh, poor wittle homeless Tessa -- NOT!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 06:50:10 PM »
She had to have made enough money to rent  a little place of her own. She should not be broke and homeless. My mom always says "It's now how much money you make , it's how you manage it." I don't feel a darn  bit sorry for Tessa.

Peridot

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 07:00:24 PM »
I don't get the homeless waif thing at all.  Tessa has worked for Devon for some time now and should've been able to put some money aside.  It's not as though they've portrayed her as a spendthrift.  Previously Tessa worked for Nikki, who I imagine compensated her very well, not to mention providing her with room and board.  Since Noah gave her the bum's rush, maybe Tessa just needs a night or two on Devon's office couch while she finds her own place.

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 07:01:32 PM »
Oh, I feel sorry for Tessa.   She hasn't been on the show long enough to be a consistent anything.   She is just a young woman who has had a hard life and has done two wrong things in her quest for a better life.

Now I would say Victor is a consistent everything bad. 

Victoria is a consistent bitch.

Phyllis is another consistent bitch.

Nikki is a consistent snobby hypocrite.

Billy is a consistent screw up.

Michael consistently loses every case he tries.

Lauren is consistent in dressing like a slut.

Chelsea is a known grifter, con artist and look at her today.

Jill is a consistent hag who interfere's in everyone's business.

I could go on and on.   

But the gist of what I'm saying is that Tessa is being villainized beyond reason.  The girl stole a gun to help her sister who was a sex slave, and she did take Mariah's journal and used the words for a song.  Big woo!  Think about all the citizens in Genoa City and list their wrong doings.  Tessa doesn't look so bad to me.

Oh I know most if not all will disagree with me but well everyone's opinion counts for something... even mine.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 07:13:24 PM »
Even if she does have some money saved, she couldn't rent a place and get into it on the same day, but she could have rented a motel room.  She shouldn't have taken Mariah's journal, but Noah seems more upset about the kiss.  Mariah was the one who initiated it and Tessa didn't push her away, but she did let Mariah know she was interested.  She obviously chose to be with Noah, so I don't see why he is so upset with her about the kiss.

Winza

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 08:19:27 PM »
I hear you, Cap, but Tessa also hasn't been on the show long enough or had enough presence in that time for me to really care about her current situation.  I'm sure not saying she is worse than many other denizens of GC.  But I just can't get worked up on her behalf.

Now honestly, if Ravi had some issues, I'd care more about them, as he's made more of an impression in his limited time in GC and is one of my favorites.  So I'm not just bashing newbies.

Billie

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 09:05:43 PM »
I'm just thinking how weird it was for her to conveniently keep a sleeping bag in one of the cabinets in Devon's office.  She had living arrangements so If find this to be bizarre.  Plot driven anyone?

DianeM

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 09:31:51 PM »
She probably was expecting that Noah would dump her.  I wonder if she will soon be back to playing her guitar outside CL with a tin cup for change.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 07:46:15 AM »
I'm just thinking how weird it was for her to conveniently keep a sleeping bag in one of the cabinets in Devon's office.  She had living arrangements so If find this to be bizarre.  Plot driven anyone?
I thought the same thing when she pulled a sleeping bag out of the desk cabinet.  I guess she is prepared for all situations.  Wonder where she has her clothes stashed?  I think the Hamilton Winters Group offices are located in the GCAC, so I guess she's be sneaking downstairs to use the gym's showers as well.

DianeM

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 10:54:27 AM »
I guess her clothes are folded up inside that big box that Noah brought. 

Capricorn

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 11:25:44 AM »
That box was so big that I wouldn't be surprised if her sleeping bag wasn't in it too in addition to her clothes and personal stuff.   It's so funny that a woman who lived in her car before Nikki rescued her could accumulate a big box full of stuff, whereas other Genoa City residents move in and out of their dwelling places with carry-on size luggage.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 03:13:09 PM »
...and move a newborn baby, clothes, accessories and his furniture into a home in an afternoon with no mess or fuss.  Iíve yet to see any indication that heís there other than a bassinet.  I wish I had their housekeeping skills.

wanda

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 05:22:38 PM »
I also thought the sleeping bag wss in the box and she stashed it in the cabinet. 

Soaprah

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 07:58:27 PM »
That cabinet is right out in the open. Do you mean to tell me that no one ever goes into it? Or is this just a set-up for Devon to find it and ask, like one of the three bears:"Who's been sleeping in my office?"

Twokeets

How is Tessa Homeless?
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 11:37:58 PM »
If Tessa is working for the richest guy in town, why is she a homeless person? If she literally has no money, could she perhaps ask Devon for her first paycheck, or a little loan so she can rent an apartment?

wanda

Re: How is Tessa Homeless?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 07:27:05 AM »
She should also have money from when she had a record contract. She certainly should not be broke

Capricorn

Re: How is Tessa Homeless?
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 10:02:41 AM »
She's been living first out of her car, then with Nikki, then with Sharon, then with Noah.  She hasn't had a place of her own.   I don't think it takes a few days to find an apartment of the kind she would be looking for.   I don't remember if her sister was caught for killing Abby's sex trafficking boyfriend/business partner... if she's still out there maybe Tessa has been sending Crystal money and she has nothing saved.   In any case the apartment situation has been solved.

Peridot

Re: Oh, poor wittle homeless Tessa NOT! MERGED How is Tessa Homeless?
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 10:59:25 AM »
Devon was on the scene when Noah huffed at Tessa that they were through and dropped her things right there. I find it a little odd that he didn't ask where she planned to live now.  Devon could've put her up temporarily at the GCAC, or Tessa could've asked for an advance to rent a place if she was short on cash.  But I guess the writers want Mariah to do something nice for Tessa so they can hurry up and be friends again.

jinx

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 11:49:33 AM »
I'm probably the only one here who thinks it was presumptuous of Mariah to assume that Tessa would/could pay the rent even on a subsidized apartment. She should have talked to Tessa about it before getting involved.

franniep51

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 10:12:22 PM »
Devon knows of the recent breakup, etc. you would think he would ask where his employee is living. He seems to be compassionate, wouldnít he think to ask Tessa if she had a place to stay.

I just have not warmed to the character. She sings beautifully, however her acting is wooden and she hardly moves her mouth while speaking. Mariah can do better.

deirdra

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 10:17:55 PM »
Tessa hardly moves her face, like it is shot full of botox to prevent wrinkles.

DebR

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 11:19:44 PM »
Tessa may not be a fashionista but she mustíve had a lot of clothes, makeup and nail polish in that big box Noah dropped off for her.  She looks pretty decent for a homeless person.

maxie

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 12:23:34 AM »
Tessa may not move her face when she talks, but she sure squeezes her eyes shut with every emphatic syllable she utters. Kinda weird.