Author Topic: Casting News ~ January 26th  (Read 542 times)

aud2222SMFAdmin

• Administrator
Casting News ~ January 26th
« on: January 26, 2018, 02:20:46 PM »
The Young and the Restless is seeking actors to fill the role of Kyle Abbott last played by Lachlan Buchanan back in 2015.

With Kyle coming back, fans have been wondering if Summer will return too. Sources have confirmed that the show is also looking to cast a young actress to play a role that is familiar to the audience and the only role we can think of is that of Summer Newman last played by Hunter King in 2016.

King has, however, been promoted to series regular on the series "Life In Pieces" and this keeps her pretty busy, in fact, she was dropped to recurring on 'Y&R' because of it. So, it's safe to say fans can gear up to see the characters of Kyle and Summer back on the canvas as soon as the show finds actors to play the parts.

Are you happy that these roles are being recast?

http://www.soapoperanews.net/2018/01/the-young-and-restless-recasting-summer.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 02:23:47 PM by Capricorn »

deirdra

Re: Casting News ~ January 26th
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 04:29:55 PM »
I'd like to see Kyle back but not Summer who could only be more insipid after more than a year hanging out in "Belize".  Just saw Lachlan Buchanan playing a psychopath in a Criminal Minds rerun & wouldn't mind him back as Kyle. 

I'd like to see Kyle taking over Jabot and Adam running Newman so their fathers can be sent out to pasture & snowflakeland.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 04:34:01 PM by deirdra »

wanda

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 06:50:18 PM »
I would love to see Kyle back in GC. As long as they recast a good one.

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 07:50:20 PM »
I have nothing against the characters Kyle and Summer, as long as they can cast actors who will do justice to the roles.  When certain characters get recast, each one more of a dud than the last, it's easy for me to lose total interest.

Now that Jack has managed to alienate Ashley, I'd say he's badly in need of his son around to lend him some support.  Hopefully Kyle has matured during his absence, both personally and professionally.

wanda

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 10:22:59 PM »
Kyle did vote against Jack at the board meeting so I'm not sure how their relationship might be.

Kai

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 01:05:57 AM »
I'd like to see Kyle back but not Summer who could only be more insipid after more than a year hanging out in "Belize".  Just saw Lachlan Buchanan playing a psychopath in a Criminal Minds rerun & wouldn't mind him back as Kyle. 

I'd like to see Kyle taking over Jabot and Adam running Newman so their fathers can be sent out to pasture & snowflakeland.
That's a good point.  With Ashley out of the picture as a possible CEO of Jabot, they're going to need a full-blood Abbott to take over for the ever PO'd Jack.  Kyle would fit, I guess.  It gives me a headache.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 11:36:20 AM »
If they cast decent actors, I wouldn't be sorry to have both characters return.  They need to expand the Abbott family.  Victor has children and grandchildren.  The Abbott family really hasn't expanded at all.  Kyle hasn't been on the canvass much and Abby really isn't an Abbott at all.

pcrchik

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 06:13:35 PM »
good point stp they should begin to develop the abbott family a bit more.  with the merry go round that is abby's love life, it would be nice to see some stability begin to develop with the next generation.

Sinsaint

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 04:52:24 PM »
I heard a rumor that the actress who plays Chelsea is leaving. Maybe the female recast is for that character?

DianeM

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 05:48:52 PM »
Maybe the character is being written out when Nick finds out about Christian.

Sinsaint

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 05:57:42 PM »
Maybe the character is being written out when Nick finds out about Christian.

Yep. Could be. But apparently it is official Melissa Clair Egan is leaving. I just saw it on Facebook a few minutes ago. I didnít read the article yet so I have no idea if they plan on recasting the character or not.

Billie

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 08:41:11 PM »
They're leaving her character open.  No recast.  She is following JH's lead and hoping to book something on primetime.  There was a rumor that JH might make a couple of appearances to whisk her and Connor out of town.  Not confirmed, just rumors. Her last taping is soon and her exit will be during Feb. sweeps.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:56:56 PM by Billie »

deirdra

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 12:50:43 PM »
Is there any call for squirrel-chattering fake-smilers on primetime?

Capricorn

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 01:01:27 PM »
I don't mean to be negative but Melissa Claire Egan does not strike me as a candidate for Primetime or Motion Pictures.   I could be wrong though.

Billie

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 03:57:52 PM »
I don't mean to be negative but Melissa Claire Egan does not strike me as a candidate for Primetime or Motion Pictures.   I could be wrong though.
I don't see it either.  She's adequate for daytime but no real raw talent IMO.