Author Topic: Wasn't Jack barred from having a management position?  (Read 208 times)

LongTimeFan

Wasn't Jack barred from having a management position?
« on: January 25, 2018, 11:08:04 PM »
I seem to recall that when Jabot had to settle the Tainted Face Cream suit, they had to pay some money PLUS Jack was specifically barred from having a Management position at the Company.   Too bad Ashley didn't bring that up at the Arbitration meeting.

SarahTheCat

Re: Wasn't Jack barred from having a management position?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 11:16:51 PM »
I once did a bunch of research to answer this question a previous time. I don't still have the answer handy... but it goes something like this....

Katherine Chancellor was the owner when Jack was barred from having a management position. Katherine wanted to sell Jabot, but she would not sell it to Jack.

So he tricked her.  He made a shell company, and tried to buy the company. But she saw right through that.  Meanwhile she accepted another offer to buy the company... remember Ji Min? He was the representative from the House of Kim.... Katherine sold to him.

BUT Jack tricked her again... he owned the company that owned House of Kim.

The rule about him not having a management position was only applicable when Katherine owned the company, not when Jack owned it.

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 11:39:31 PM »
I remember this topic almost word for word some time last year.  I also remember your answer STC.   Ricky will be in with his superior memory to tell the tale of Jack, Jabot and the banning and unbanning.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 12:20:11 AM »
I remember this topic almost word for word some time last year.  I also remember your answer STC.   Ricky will be in with his superior memory to tell the tale of Jack, Jabot and the banning and unbanning.

I had a lot more detail in my original answer about the court case for the lady that got injured by the face cream, and how the case was thrown out after some digging revealed that her husband was previously suing someone else for some injury and then dropped that when this opportunity came up.  I think my original answer was about 7 times as long as this one.

Whoever asked the question the first time didn't seem to have come back for the answer.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 07:27:35 AM »
I don’t know why everyone wants to ‘run a company’. Lordie, I’d just want to work 9-5 Monday to Friday and draw in a huge salary. Of course along with all that, I’d like to spend most of my day at the coffee shop. 

Much less stress.

LongTimeFan

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 12:56:06 AM »
Thank you everyone for your answers.   I guess I was asleep at the switch or the conceits were too tedious for me to bother to remember.   

SarahTheCat

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 01:04:21 PM »
Thank you everyone for your answers.   I guess I was asleep at the switch or the conceits were too tedious for me to bother to remember.   

I was watching at the time... but I NEVER would have remembered this without looking it up. I searched for the right time period for the face cream scandal, and then read months worth of transcripts to get the details (that I posted months back in a post with a similar question).