Author Topic: Noah strikes out --again  (Read 767 times)

LongTimeFan

Noah strikes out --again
« on: January 25, 2018, 11:06:02 PM »
For a guy who isn't bad looking and whose had a wealth of girl experiences going back to that "Eden" ... he sure is a big flop.  There's something missing in his approach or delivery  .. or something.   He just doesn't have "it".   As good looking as he is, he doesn't have any sex appeal.  It's the same thing Louis B. Mayer said about Robert Young .. "He ain't got no sex appeal."    Hence he never really made it as a leading man.    Poor Noah.

Capricorn

Re: Noah strikes out --again
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 11:45:55 PM »
I agree with everything you said.  He's as dull as dishwater plus there has never been a good storyline written for poor Noah.  TIIC always gives him a grifter girlfriend.  The one who wasn't a grifter was murdered.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 12:00:24 AM by Capricorn »

stpauliegirl

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 11:54:47 PM »
A big part of the problem is that Robert Adamson isn't a very good actor, has a limited emotional range, and is lacking in charisma. I didn't feel a bit sorry for him today.  He pretty much demanded to see Mariah's diary, so he got what he deserved when he found out she and Tessa locked lips.  The fact that Devon agreed to not release the single should have been enough proof that Tessa stole Mariah's words.

Billie

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 09:30:41 AM »
A big part of the problem is that Robert Adamson isn't a very good actor, has a limited emotional range, and is lacking in charisma. I didn't feel a bit sorry for him today.  He pretty much demanded to see Mariah's diary, so he got what he deserved when he found out she and Tessa locked lips.  The fact that Devon agreed to not release the single should have been enough proof that Tessa stole Mariah's words.
Ditto on everything!

deirdra

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 05:26:14 PM »
Noah has always looked and acted like a big, doughy baby to me.

Peridot

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 07:53:37 PM »
Well, poor Noah.  Yet another girlfriend bites the dust.  But I agree about Noah lacking romantic appeal.  He shares that quality with his sister Mariah.  In fact, I think Noah, Mariah, and Victoria ought to form the Zero Chemistry Club.  Whenever the writers try to pair these three with someone new you can almost bet money it won't go anywhere.

Ricky

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 08:01:01 PM »

The writers really need to scrap Noah (temporarily) and start over.   As the son of Nick and Sharon, you'd think he'd be the show's Young Leading Man, but instead he's played by a non-contract actor (who's not terribly talented), and he only strays randomly into storylines, and then wanders back to the wilderness.   This Adamson boy is too OLD to play Nick's son, he ain't much of an actor, he doesn't have chemistry with anyone, and he's clearly going nowhere in the role. 

jeanvn

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 09:58:39 PM »
Tell us how you really feel.

LeannaLove

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 10:33:46 PM »
I agree with everything that's been said here.  Watching his "emotional" scenes with Tessa today (another block of wood, that one) was such a bore.  Robert Adamson is cute and he seems to have a decent enough personality but unfortunately in his case, that doesn't translate to acting skills or on-screen chemistry or charisma.  He might be the worst actor currently in the cast.

Val

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 12:19:36 AM »
Noah is a ridiculous character. He is a Newman! Why doesn't he want to do anything? Travel, date models, go to college. His only interest was being in that club underground. And his storyline is always so dumb. The way they wrapped up the Marissa storyline? Seriously? Randomly one day her long lost daughters adoptive parents decide to let her in her child's life, and she dissapeared for good. They should recast and rethink the character. At this point, whenever Noah is on screen, it's a good time to make a sandwhich.

Kai

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 12:56:59 AM »
Noah has always looked and acted like a big, doughy baby to me.

Yes!  And his hair bothers me, too.  I just don't like the guy.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 11:40:25 AM »
I agree with everything that's been said here.  Watching his "emotional" scenes with Tessa today (another block of wood, that one) was such a bore.  Robert Adamson is cute and he seems to have a decent enough personality but unfortunately in his case, that doesn't translate to acting skills or on-screen chemistry or charisma.  He might be the worst actor currently in the cast.
That scene should have been very emotional, but with these two, it was boring.  IMO, Noah is overreacting - especially towards Tessa.  Don't get me wrong, I don't care whether they stay together or not, but she clearly chose him over Mariah.  The fact that her and Mariah's friendship has been on the skids is proof of that.  It is also understandable that she didn't tell him about the kiss because she didn't want o hurt him and cause problems between him and his sister.

DianeM

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2018, 11:49:17 AM »
I didn't see her as choosing Mariah.  I thought she looked startled when that kiss happened.  Mariah has been the one doing the avoiding. 

Capricorn

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2018, 11:57:04 AM »
Tessa has never encouraged Mariah, she chose Noah.  Mariah is the one who would sit around staring at Tessa with cow eyes and it's only recently after her "talk" with Tessa that she has resigned herself to the fact that she has to stay away from Tessa and forget about the "kiss."

franniep51

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2018, 01:06:27 PM »
The whole situation is sticky and the waiters arenít sure what to do with it. I say send Tessa to go wherever her sister went, recast Noah (RA is handsome but a dud of a Noah) and give Mariah a storyline that , for now, has no love connections. Let her interact with others and possibly develop a personal relationship from there.  I wonder how a friendship with Ravi would work.

Miravep

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2018, 02:06:54 PM »
Noah is unbelievably boring.  I can't imagine why Tessa would choose him over Mariah, one of the most interesting and compelling characters on the show. 

Plus, Robert Adamson doesn't seem like Nick and Sharon's son.  There's no physical resemblance.  And his acting is so limited, he's so wooden and bland, while as the youngest Newman male, he should be full of emotional issues and shining with potential.

Please let this guy go for a while, and bring back a recast later on.

LeannaLove

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2018, 02:11:31 PM »
Noah is a Newman so of course he overreacts and becomes self-righteous and preachy.  That's what they do.

RA just doesn't have the acting chops to carry off the emotion that his scenes should have had yesterday.  Neither does Tessa, for that matter.  Send her away and recast Noah, who I think could and should be a central character.  But he has to be well-written and played by a stronger actor.

As far as Mariah, from the first day Ravi appeared onscreen I've been a supporter of her and Ravi, at the very least as best friends. 

Ricky

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2018, 02:49:17 PM »
They had a decent Noah a few years ago --- Kevin Schmidt.   He wasn't the greatest actor in the world by any stretch of the imagination, and I don't think there was any danger of a Shakespeare theatre company luring him away from the show.   ;)  But he *did* look as though he could be Nick and Sharon's son, he was age-appropriate, and he wasn't as wooden as some young actors.

But then Jill Faren Phelps popped-up, canned Schmidt, and hired Robert Adamson from some nighttime show she'd worked on recently.   It was a pretty bad decision.   Noah's floundered ever since the recast. 

wanda

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 02:57:35 PM »
I don't care for Noah or his attitude. I wouldn't miss him at all if he were gone.

Capricorn

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2018, 04:39:14 PM »
I actually like Luke Kleintank best as Noah Newman, he was on for only a few months but he looked like a mix of Sharon and Nick and he did a pretty good job in the role.

This is how he looked on Y&R, he looks different now:

wanda

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2018, 04:58:37 PM »
I liked that Noah too, Capricorn.

franniep51

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2018, 10:30:21 AM »
The Noah character should be recast as a sort of smart *ss with a heart. Then recast Kyle, Jackís son as well. Then have a little rivalry/ frenemy relationship. Give these guys some b*lls. Letís see a little bit of emotion. I donít want them to just clash because of a girl, let them clash over other stuff, business, football, music...

I read that Kyle is being recast.

DianeM

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2018, 11:25:02 AM »
Luke Kleintank is doing well in theatrical movies, so no more soaps for him.  I thought he would have made a better Kyle, as he looks more like an Abbott.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2018, 02:43:26 PM »

As far as Mariah, from the first day Ravi appeared onscreen I've been a supporter of her and Ravi, at the very least as best friends.

I agree. They interacted briefly at the event where she got even with Hilary for tripping her. They had good chemistry in that one brief encounter, and I've been hoping ever since they will get together.

I wouldn't say that Mariah lacks chemistry with everyone... who have they tried her with? Just Devon. It's DEVON who has no chemistry with anyone.

Capricorn

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2018, 03:18:26 PM »
Mariah has friend chemistry with everyone. She doesn't have romantic chemistry with anyone they have matched her with, not Kevin not Devon and not Tyler.

jinx

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2018, 03:51:17 PM »
Maybe she isn't supposed to show romantic chemistry with men since she likes women.

Capricorn

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2018, 04:27:37 PM »
It would have to be coming from her real life because I'm sure they didn't bring Camryn Grimes back to Y&R with the intention of making her into a lesbian. ;)

DianeM

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2018, 04:51:13 PM »
Maybe she isn't supposed to show romantic chemistry with men since she likes women.
She apparently didn't know that until she met the irrepressible Tessa.

jinx

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2018, 05:55:24 PM »
She apparently didn't know that until she met the irrepressible Tessa.

Not everybody knows before they meet the one they feel is right for them. Who know what was in mind for her when she was brought back to the show. There's been so much turnover in writers and it seems to change each time. As for chemistry, I think it's a two way street.

She needs a better story. Friendships, mooning over a relationship that is not happening, and heart-to-hearts with her mother doesn't cut it for me. She's not even interesting in her job because she just takes the insults Hilary throws at her and goes back for more. I liked her best when she came back as a conniving little vixen staying a step ahead of Victor.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2018, 06:12:16 PM »
Mariah has friend chemistry with everyone. She doesn't have romantic chemistry with anyone they have matched her with, not Kevin not Devon and not Tyler.

I forgot about Kevin and Tyler. Two more examples of people who generally don't have much chemistry with anyone. Tyler: zip. Kevin may have had chemistry with Jana but I don't really remember.

LeannaLove

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2018, 06:23:56 PM »
IMO, Camyrn Grimes is the best actor in the cast but the adult Mariah has never been a well-written character.  CG deserves better.

I'd still like to see her paired more often with Ravi, if only as best friends if not a love interest.  They're both appealing young performers but the writers seem to have no idea what to do with either character.

Billie

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2018, 08:05:23 PM »
Yup, STC you are absolutely right.  I wish these writers could read the boards -- we have a lot of good suggestions here!

DebR

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2018, 10:17:17 AM »

Kevin may have had chemistry with Jana but I don't really remember.

I really liked Kevin and Jana together and I thought they had good chemistry.  Writers ruined her in the end.  Cute, quirky couple.

deirdra

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2018, 02:56:12 PM »
IMO, Camyrn Grimes is the best actor in the cast but the adult Mariah has never been a well-written character.  CG deserves better.

I'd still like to see her paired more often with Ravi, if only as best friends if not a love interest.  They're both appealing young performers but the writers seem to have no idea what to do with either character.
TPTB could use Ravi's computer skills and Mariah's street smarts to solve crimes.  They could start with a who-killed-Victor-Newman story and have a year's worth of possible suspects to study.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2018, 03:10:58 PM »

TPTB could use Ravi's computer skills and Mariah's street smarts to solve crimes.  They could start with a who-killed-Victor-Newman story and have a year's worth of possible suspects to study.

Great idea!  Ravi's technical skills rival Kevin's any day of the week, with the added bonus that Ravi actually has some morals.

LeannaLove

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2018, 06:18:01 PM »
I love that idea, Deidre!  Yet another time that I think the members of this board could write more interesting storylines than TIIC.