Author Topic: Chandler Riggs’ Dad speaks out.  (Read 493 times)

Sinsaint

Re: Chandler Riggs’ Dad speaks out.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 03:11:27 PM »
http://toofab.com/2017/12/11/walking-dead-star-was-blindsided-by-characters-shocking-death-wasnt-my-decision/

Obviously he has to be diplomatic in the way he words it because it’s never a good thing in his line of work to talk ill of previous employers unless you want to be black listed in the entertainment industry. That said, I think this is the beginning of the end for the show. Carl wasn’t even my favorite character but I’m having a tough time coming up with any reason to continue watching the show now.

Money Honey

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 11:53:46 PM »
Maybe, they should have it be a bad dream. Since he will be back on the first show of
next season to say goodbye, they need to do something to change this mistake.  He's
learning the nasty ways of life early.  A person can lie to you without batting an eye. 
A promise of 3 years, is a promise.  To get the news in a script is bad enough, but to
get the news just before your birthday is a real disappointment.  I
hate this.

The others who were killed off said, they read about it in a script.  Sounds like they
can get rid of you at any moment.  The actors must have signed a waiver.  A clause
like that is BS.

Sinsaint

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 10:33:19 AM »
They can’t fix this mess now. The rest of the season is already filmed. The only way to fix it now would be to fire Gimple and bring in a new showrunner who would make this whole season be a dream of Rick’s.

Money Honey

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 12:37:44 PM »
I heard that the whole season 8 confusion, was supposed to be ONE whole day. 
Negan arrived the night of Rick, and company's siege.  I am tired of the Rick,
Negan fight. 

It would have been easier to hurt Negan in this finale, rather than let him keep
running the show like he's doing.  One man can not be this powerful.  Either hurt
Negan like they said or, get rid of him.  He is ruining the show, and I like the actor
Jeffrey Dean Morgan.  He has never played such a bad character like this, and I
think, he likes it. 

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:07:57 PM by Money Honey »

DianeM

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 03:46:05 PM »
Wrong actor.  Negan is played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan.  Richard Dean Anderson was MacGyver.

Money Honey

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 05:06:26 PM »
As I live and breathe.  I had just come back in, and read the name, and it didn't
sound right.  Thanks DianeM. 

SarahTheCat

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 05:46:09 PM »
Maybe, they should have it be a bad dream. Since he will be back on the first show of
next season to say goodbye, they need to do something to change this mistake.  He's
learning the nasty ways of life early.  A person can lie to you without batting an eye. 
A promise of 3 years, is a promise.  To get the news in a script is bad enough, but to
get the news just before your birthday is a real disappointment.  I
hate this.

The others who were killed off said, they read about it in a script.  Sounds like they
can get rid of you at any moment.  The actors must have signed a waiver.  A clause
like that is BS.

He's young AND he just bought a house to be closer to the set. Actually, he should SUE THEM FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT or something... their words led him to make a huge financial purchase which he would not have done if they hadn't flat out LIED TO HIM. It's bad enough to do this to an adult, but sheesh, he's a kid.

I already stopped watching the show a season or two ago, but I am really pissed off about this.

Money Honey

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »
Well, I heard that he is from Atlanta, so he might lose that fight.  He should have
been making a good penny, if his parents weren't living off of too much of the
money.  He was to have a gap year, and I understand, he was blindsided.

Money Honey

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »
I have never had a child, but I sympathize with the dad.  Maybe, if dad would calm
down for a second, there could have been a way for them to correct this mistake.

How Scott Gimple told Lincoln 'Rick' Andrews:  Rick didn't see this coming_ In fact,
the actor completely froze up while on a call from Gimple.  Learning the news about
Carl for for the first time, Scott said, "you're gonna hate this one.  I want to just to
forewarn you".  Rick thought he was being fired, and thanked him for the call, to let
him know like this.  Scott said, "it's the kid".  There was silence_ nothing else said.
Rick couldn't say a word.

Carl Is a prominent character in the comics, and was written out against the actor
and his family's wishes apparently.  It was a creative decision, which the show
runner takes complete responsibility for.

The fans are feeling deep anger about this firing.  There were some suggestions.
1.  The helicopter could have a cure.  Rick saw it flying over, but who's flying it?
 Is it military?

2.  Carl wasn't bit by a Walker.  It's a 'fake' bite by Carl, to convince Rick to allow
him to take a risk, to kill Negan.  (Was he sweating, and pale, a sign of a bite?).
They said, they teased us with Glenn's dumpster save, why not do something
like that for Carl?  (I know it was said he has already finished the tapping)

3. With fewer original cast members on the show every season, Carl says, "it's time
for Rick to make an exit".  Could this have been the knife in his back?

Riggs was talking about fueling the fire for suspecting the end of Rick, "it's possible.
"He haven't talked much about it, but he has a family that he leaves every year to
come to Georgia for months to film TWD.  He is leaving his kids in England.  I know
he's probably tired of that".  THIS WAS OUT OF CARL'S MOUTH. 

Chandler Riggs also said, he "hasn't been a part of the production for months". Plus,
"AMC's power move of buying the studio, where the series is shot wouldn't make
sense if they're planning on wrapping up the show".  "How can Rick last without the
motivation to protect his son, and rebuild the world for him?  The whole show was
about Carl taking over the future of the show". 

Lincoln learned Carl was being written out of the show which turns out to be in favor
of keeping Negan alive.  This is an end point. 

I honestly didn't know, that Carl was the most important player on the show.  His
talking about Rick's time, and his idea of Rick bowing out was a little much, and I
bet Andrew Lincoln didn't see it coming neither.   

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:20:16 PM by Money Honey »

Jonathan

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 08:18:29 PM »
Need to say first that I am not a Walking Dead fan, but my youngest son is.   I am betting this is not the end of Carl.   Being a huge Game of Thrones fan when the character of Jon Snow was killed the actor told everyone he was dead.   Everyone said he was dead.  The cast had a going away party for him.  Fans mourned him, characters mourned him, but he ended up being brought back, in the way that I thought he would.   I will not be shocked if all of this is an act and Carl will find a way to survive. 

katiesbeach

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 08:27:15 PM »
I would like to believe that this is all a big hoax, but there has been so much said about his father speaking out and the actor already moving on to other things.  Plus, the way the actors talked about him on the 'Talking Dead.'  If it is a ruse, it's a very large complicated one.

I don't think I remember all the same stuff when this happened a couple of seasons ago when it appeared that Glenn died at the end of a season, and then he was shown not to have died.

Jonathan

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 09:43:06 PM »
The thing is this is the halfway point of the season and they did all the filming of this starting April of this year and I think through most of the Summer.  My guess is he probably filmed most of that time, including whatever leads to his possible "cure".  The new season will start filming around the same time so I am betting he will be back.  But this is all speculation and he may really die.  I just have a lot of doubt about it. 

I guess you could say that I think this is a Snow job, just like with Jon Snow.  I just think they have gone to more extremes. 

SarahTheCat

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 10:44:02 PM »
I would like to believe that this is all a big hoax, but there has been so much said about his father speaking out and the actor already moving on to other things.  Plus, the way the actors talked about him on the 'Talking Dead.'  If it is a ruse, it's a very large complicated one.

This has been on my mind too.

Money Honey

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 01:03:18 AM »
It says that Carl is still a little boy in the comics, but on the Show, he is as tall as
Rick.  Quite a few people don't care for Carl, but they are still upset about this, and
calling it a mistake.  There's something about that helicopter.  A cure, I hope.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 08:48:35 AM »
On this show, nobody is safe from being killed off.  Not sure if Chandler's dad is a showbiz vet or if his son's job was his first experience in showbiz, but if you are in the business, there are lots of disappointments.  Chandler is lucky to have had a steady, well paying job as long as he did.  I'm sure Carl's death was a shock, but Chandler is right that he will have lots of other opportunities not being tied down in Georgia.  He can sell the house he bought and move on to bigger and better things.  It would be a great twist if the "bite" was a ruse.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 10:14:57 AM »
On this show, nobody is safe from being killed off.  Not sure if Chandler's dad is a showbiz vet or if his son's job was his first experience in showbiz, but if you are in the business, there are lots of disappointments.  Chandler is lucky to have had a steady, well paying job as long as he did.  I'm sure Carl's death was a shock, but Chandler is right that he will have lots of other opportunities not being tied down in Georgia.  He can sell the house he bought and move on to bigger and better things.  It would be a great twist if the "bite" was a ruse.

I agree with you, nobody is safe from being killed off, and the whole big statement from his dad just kind of makes me feel like this whole thing is a ruse, and that Carl will not actually die and we'll all be so surprised like we didn't see that coming! But they've already done that with Glen, so I guess Carl is probably really dead. It reminds me of Y&R how I keep hoping Adam isn't really dead.

katiesbeach

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 10:42:30 AM »
I think that it is possible that Chandler could have been under a gag order to not even tell his parents.  Wouldn't he have been speaking out back in June when he actually got the news?  Now it' sounding a little more 'orchestrated.'

SarahTheCat

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 12:48:18 PM »
I think that it is possible that Chandler could have been under a gag order to not even tell his parents.  Wouldn't he have been speaking out back in June when he actually got the news?  Now it' sounding a little more 'orchestrated.'

Or else his parents are in on it too, but of course they couldn't "speak out" until the show aired.

Money Honey

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 10:49:57 PM »
If they were to save Carl, how would the others feel? They met their demise, and
might want to come back.  Plus, the producers of the show are already suing AMC
because of breach of contract.  I don't know too much about it.  Seems, the show
is not getting the profits promised to them.

katiesbeach

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 08:59:24 AM »
I hate to say it, but I think the show is going downhill fast.