Author Topic: Anyone still watching?  (Read 586 times)

jinx

Anyone still watching?
« on: November 29, 2017, 10:56:55 AM »
I'm still watching. It is a little far-fetched at times but I'm enjoying it. I'd still like to know how Shaun got through med school and all his training. Anybody else?

Capricorn

Re: Anyone still watching?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 11:19:26 AM »
I'm not watching, I find it dreadfully boring and I don't like the flashbacks.  I watched only to see Michael Muhney and the part was well played but miniscule, so I even regret watching that.  It's unbelievable... if I needed to be in the hospital and Shaun was my attending doctor or surgeon, I would be very, very nervous.  People who need to be hospitalized really don't need that kind of extra stress.

I believe Shaun got through medical school because he's also a Savant and his particular Savant speciality is having exceptional photographic memory.  I also believe that doctor(don't remember his name) must have paid his tuition.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:23:29 AM by Capricorn »

Winza

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 11:32:34 AM »
I was struggling with the first few episodes for exactly the reasons Cap points out.  But recent episodes seem to be showing some growth for Shaun as he engages more with people at the hospital and his neighbor.  I particularly liked Monday's episode.  Seeing the increased acceptance of Shaun by his brilliant surgeon in chief and his colleagues has given them more depth, more likability and made the show more enjoyable for me.

lawgirl

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 03:32:59 PM »
I agree with Winza.  At first, I was put off by this program and found it totally unbelievable.  But, I continued to watch and it has become a very interesting character study.  Although I wish Shaun would tone done his delivery at times - I get that he has lack of affect - but sometimes it seems overboard.  But I really enjoy watching him interact with the other characters and really like the way in which they are beginning to accept him and get past his inability to communicate the way most people do.

I'm glad I've stuck with the show.

katiesbeach

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 06:09:37 PM »
I still record and watch.  I think they over-exaggerate Shaun's tone so that it will be more obvious to new people tuning in to the show.  If he blended in, it might be confusing.  Anyway, I like his neighbor, and wonder if they would ever 'go there' with them.  I also like his relationship with Claire.  I honestly tuned in because I like Beau Garrett, the actress that plays Jessica.  I love her on Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce!

supagal21

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 12:44:16 AM »
I still watch, to me it's getting better and better, i liked this last episode . I like the relationship between Shaun and Claire too

Money Honey

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 02:09:17 PM »
Yes, I still watch, and think it's a good show.  I watched him on Jimmy Fallon last
night, just to listen to his British accent.  I want to see his college days, and how
he got into his residency at the hospital. 

His mentor seems kind of tired.  I hope they have him stick around with Shaun, but
he is saying things that sounds final to me.   

BONNIEJ

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 11:46:26 PM »
Do you think maybe the mentor is going to have some kind of medical issue and that is why he is pushing the lady to help Shaun? I have watched every episode and I'm fascinated over Shaun seeming to better interact with the staff.

Money Honey

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 03:40:13 PM »
Hi BonnieJ, in the finale post on here, it might explain a little more of this confusion.
The finale was a good show.

deirdra

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 08:17:32 PM »
Do you think maybe the mentor is going to have some kind of medical issue and that is why he is pushing the lady to help Shaun?
That's what I was thinking. The mentor seems run down and starting to worry about Shaun's future after he's gone.