Author Topic: This is Us October 31st episode  (Read 473 times)

deirdra

This is Us October 31st episode
« on: November 01, 2017, 01:03:57 PM »
Did they not bother to tell Randall he was adopted?  The neighbours apparently told him he was a replacement for dead triplet Kyle and "Cher" told "Sonny" that she then had to tell Randall "everything".  The boy who plays 10-yr old Randall is a better actor than Mandy Moore.

How long will Randall wait to tell Tess that she is named after a ceiling fan?

SarahTheCat

Re: This is Us October 31st episode
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 03:42:46 PM »
I will watch for that. (Haven't seen it yet)  My guess is, yes they told Randall he was adopted, but didn't tell him it was in part because their third triplet died.

Winza

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 03:55:32 PM »
The more I watch this show, the more I'm convinced that both Rebecca and Jack were terrible parents who created two really whiney entitled kids and one incredibly anxious kid.  Randall would have been better off with William.

Every week I find more things to dislike about almost everyone.  Only Beth and Randall are still standing.

deirdra

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 04:04:48 PM »
The more I watch this show, the more I'm convinced that both Rebecca and Jack were terrible parents who created two really whiney entitled kids and one incredibly anxious kid.  Randall would have been better off with William.
I was thinking the same thing.  If you tell kids they are perfect and everyone loves them, it is harder IRL when they don't get auditions (Kevin) or only users want to sleep with them (Kate). Rebecca should have found ways or therapists to help young Randall cope with anxiety so that he wouldn't end up having multiple mental breakdowns as an adult whenever life gets stressful.

katiesbeach

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 06:26:20 PM »

How long will Randall wait to tell Tess that she is named after a ceiling fan?
Watch out!   They will center a whole episode around it and call it a tear-jerker!  LOL

SarahTheCat

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 09:02:18 PM »
Just watched. LOL I can't believe they named Tess after a ceiling fan. I can't believe Randall owned up to where the idea came from and that Beth would be ok with that LOL.

Wow, Kevin's such a skank for trying to steal his roommate/friend's part! That was SO LOW. Despicable!!

Kevin and Kate are both pretty desperate right now.

Rebecca's skin looked bad. What's up with that? Have I just not noticed before?

I thought it was interesting that we are getting some info on how Rebecca and Miguel end up together.

Randall, baring his soul to the guy in the hardware store, and shedding that tear. Great acting, as always. Randall and Beth are what keep me watching.

DebR

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 09:47:14 AM »
I thought her name, Tess, was a shortened version of the guys name who worked at the store.  Guess I missed something. He even made a joke about the baby not being named after him because it was a long name.

I liked the episode but notice more and more how spoiled these kids are and its annoying for me to watch.  IMO, I feel like Jack, especially, and Rebecca were loving parents so the fact that the kids as adults are so whiny and whose lives are such a mess is insulting to the parent characters they built up in season 1!

I know after building Jack up too much in season 1 that I will loathe watching Rebecca and Miguel.  They build up characters only to knock them down. Not a fan of that even though its a show.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 10:23:23 AM »
I thought her name, Tess, was a shortened version of the guys name who worked at the store.  Guess I missed something. He even made a joke about the baby not being named after him because it was a long name.

You're remembering the scene where Randall looked at his name tag and asked him what the G stood for. Yes, the employee said some long name, and then said "I guess you're not going to be naming the baby after me" or words to that effect.

Near the end of the show, they showed Randall trying again to install the fan, with  a brochure or instructions, and the name was Tessana.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:31:10 AM by SarahTheCat »