Author Topic: Michael's performance on The Good Doctor  (Read 644 times)

Capricorn

Michael's performance on The Good Doctor
« on: October 23, 2017, 11:03:45 PM »
Michael's performance on The Good Doctor was A1.  It was good to have Michael on my TV screen again.

I see the superiority in Michael Muhney's acting compared to Justin Hartley's.

I still see Adam Newman when I watch Justin on This is Us. 

I don't see a trace of Adam Newman when I watched Michael on The Good Doctor.

Money Honey

Re: Michael's performance on The Good Doctor
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 12:39:12 AM »
It was nice seeing Michael again, but I didn't like when he pushed Shaun.  The show
was good tonight.  They had Shaun's dead brother come back to play the part of the
little boy who loses in life one more time.

jinx

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 10:40:51 AM »
Our local channel carried a football game so I missed it.

jeanvn

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 12:21:41 PM »
After all the hype and buildup, I was surprised and disappointed that it was such a small part for Michael.  Hoped that it would be a showcase for him.

deirdra

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 12:36:58 PM »
I hoped MM would have a bigger part, but you correct Audrey, that he was not acting like Adam Newman.  The boy who played the patient and Shaun's brother is a better actor than Justin Hartley, too.

Money Honey

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 12:46:53 PM »
LOL!  Now, that was a good one Deirdra.

DianeM

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »
MM had a small part, but he gave it all he had, and it was very dramatic.  Made me miss Adam all the more.  MM really is a good actor and so handsome.  I hope he gets lots more work.

I don't know any autistic people, so I don't know whether FH is speaking correctly.  The inflection of his words is so distracting.  Is it correct?

deirdra

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 03:51:41 PM »
I don't know any autistic people, so I don't know whether FH is speaking correctly.  The inflection of his words is so distracting.  Is it correct?
I know three autistic people and none of them have that sing-songy rise and fall in every single sentence; their speech is monotonic and flat, not noticeably inflected.  But it is possible that Shaun's handlers who helped him get to where he is taught him to avoid flat-talking to sound less robotic and this is what he came up with.  And none of them clasp their hands together at their waist either; they move their hands around a lot, clapping and punching things.  But clasping his hands like that could also have been taught so that he would appear more "normal".
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:57:11 PM by deirdra »

Money Honey

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 09:46:34 AM »
The school decided to put this kid in regular class with other kids, and he would
give an answer to a question so fast, and flat your head would spin.  All while
playing with a toy.  It was always wrong, but he didn't show reaction to anything. 
His mom was a speech therapist at the school, and it was her idea to put in with
the others, because she considered him to be normal. His twin brother didn't have
autism, and never come near when they were in the same area.  Shaun and his
brother were always close.  I know, it's TV.  The kids never rejected him.

Look at Theo on Days.  An (older) guy is playing a 'teen' with autism.  He's going
to college, has a girl, who he's having relations with, and he's a computer wiz.  He
lives with his girlfriend, and believes in eye contact with everybody.  Never shows
any sign of shyness or anything.  He had all of the signs when he was a young boy.
Then, the show decided to make him older, with no signs of it.  He even went to the
prom. 

Shaun is a miracle

Money Honey

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 10:22:07 AM »
I just read that Shaun (Freddie Highmore) is British, and can turn his accent off as
good as Morgan, Rick and Maggie from The Walking Dead.  He is the little boy from
Willy Wonka, and played 'Norma' on Bates Motel.  He lives in London.  He's been on
TV since he was small, and I should have recognized him.