Author Topic: Any guesses on where the Chancellor Park condo story is going?  (Read 528 times)

Miravep

Any guesses on where the Chancellor Park condo story is going?
« on: December 07, 2017, 09:35:47 AM »
It reminds me of the Joe Clark story from a few years ago.  He was going to tear down the "warehouse district" including Crimson Lights and build condos or something.  Of course his mystery backer turned out to be Victor.

I'm wondering if once again the mystery condo developer is Victor, or if that is too predictable. 

SarahTheCat

Re: Any guesses on where the Chancellor Park condo story is going?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 10:42:58 AM »
I don't think it is Victor - he was a friend of Katherine's, I don't think he would do this to her.

I'm thinking we'll be introduced to a new character who is the developer.  And yes, it reminds me of the Joe Clark story too. I don't suppose Joe Clark will be the developer.   Whomever it is, I predict the developer will lose, in the end.

SANDY B

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 10:50:49 AM »
Maybe Hilary is the developer.  She likes ro screw with EVERYONE and EVERYTHING.

SANDY B

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 11:35:52 AM »
On a lighter note, all the park seems to be used for is brief meet ups.  With condo's, Nikki would have a home, Christine and Paul may have a home.  Christine a home office. Hilary a home, I could go on and on.

Ricky

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 11:46:41 AM »
It sure would be a shame if they didn't have a nice outdoor spot to knock the snow off the tables and sit down in their gloves and scarves and enjoy a tongue-chattering cup of coffee while shaking like wet puppies  ;)

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 11:50:40 AM »
You may be on to something, Sandy, the entire cast could live in one building.  Though I suspect the sets would look the same as the GCAC suites.  Whatever happened to the warehouse district? The burned out Underground and environs should be developed before green space.  Perhaps Nicholas will save the day with a land-swap, though I suspect Victor will get all the credit.

lawgirl

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 05:45:08 PM »
Redevelopment of Chancellor Park sounds like something Victor would do, except for the fact that it is named for Katherine.  So perhaps this is the way Adam comes back to GC -- as a real estate developer.

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 06:06:27 PM »
Without a doubt it's Victor who is trying to develop the park into condos... just the fact that Nick is objecting to the project is a big hint that father & son will butt heads over it.

DianeM

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 06:17:17 PM »
If it's Victor behind it, I hope Katherine's ghost haunts him.

wanda

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 06:48:34 PM »
Being one of Katherine's best friends would never stop Victor from taking away the park and turning it into a big business deal. Look what he's done to family.

Winza

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 07:10:11 PM »
I'm very surprised we haven't heard about Delia's tree as a reason they cannot sell Chancellor Park.  We didn't have the big Delia mournful remembrance this Halloween (unless I dozed off) and, frankly, I didn't miss it one bit.  Loved that little girl, but have hated the constant Delia angst since her death.

As for the plans for the Park, they are trying to figure out what to do with Nick, so maybe he figures out a way to buy the whole thing and he develops that area for the community.

Peridot

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 07:18:18 PM »
Surely not even Victor is so short-sighted as to turn a town landmark, a beautiful outdoor spot enjoyed by one and all, into condos, of all things.  Victor himself lives out in the country where fresh air, trees, and horsies abound.  I can't picture him behind this particular venture.  I wonder if this story is a device to get Nikki and Victor to team up to fight for Katherine's legacy, something supposedly important to both of them.  Guess we'll see.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 02:45:15 PM »
We learned today (Friday) that Victor is behind the developers.  Typical of him.  Trying to turn a profit no matter who he hurts.

wanda

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 05:02:09 PM »
We learned today (Friday) that Victor is behind the developers.  Typical of him.  Trying to turn a profit no matter who he hurts.

Yep. And Victoria knew all about it and condones it.

franniep51

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 09:18:27 PM »
It's so Nick can have something to do. Nick should go into real estate or politics so he can have a story. Those are two fields that can interact with the others.

DebR

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 11:15:52 PM »
Victoria justified the whole matter by saying Victor will have a place and a plaque honoring Katherine.  How noble of him, wonder how big of a space that will be. 

Miravep

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 02:39:38 PM »
Well, turns out they did go the predictable route.

All just to stoke the conflict of Nick (and Nikki) vs. Victor and Victoria. 

I won't mind this story IF they do justice to Nick's side of this battle.  They have to make a good strong case for preserving Chancellor Park.  For example, call Victoria's bluff about the need for new housing by explaining there's plenty of vacant and underused buildings in the warehouse district that can be renovated.  (As was indicated when Abby bought a building for her incubator project.)

Don't let MoneyBags win this one.

LeannaLove

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 06:52:14 PM »

Don't let MoneyBags win this one.

We can hope but he never loses.   :-[ >:(   This is the man they gave a pass on breaking out of prison because he rescued Nikki after all.

ghostbabe

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2017, 01:02:24 PM »
Probably nowhere.