Author Topic: Paul and Crickets investigation  (Read 291 times)

wanda

Paul and Crickets investigation
« on: December 06, 2017, 10:57:35 PM »
I can't believe that both Paul and Christine seem to really believe that Victor was connected to the human trafficking ring. I'm not defending Victor because we all know the heinous crimes he committd before. But with all of Newman Enterprise billion dollar conglomerates, why would he be involved with this?

Capricorn

Re: Paul and Crickets investigation
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:22:08 PM »
Mal Young is writing Christine as Dumb and Paul as Dumber.  It's quite ridiculous!

DebR

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 11:25:55 PM »
Paul and Christine are so stupid to think Victor would get involved in a sex trafficking ring.  Christine has been out to get Victor for years.   So ridiculous that Victor might be blamed for something that he had no knowledge of after all the years he was guilty and they couldn’t get him on anything.  As usual, Paul is going after the wrong party.

Miravep

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »
What really bothers me about this, too, is that Victor HAS done so many heinous things that he gets away with scot-free.  Meanwhile, he gets to look innocently persecuted because Cricket has chosen the wrong thing to accuse him of.  How about his bringing Chloe to town to frame Adam for a murder he didn't commit? 

deirdra

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 11:16:48 AM »
I think Pristine is seeking payback for his last trial she lost where family members saying he was a good guy was all it took for the judge to acquit Victor of yet another felony.  A Miravep says, she'll just look like she is persecuting an innocent bystander.  Paul wants to look like the tough guy to Genoa Citizens, not someone who kowtows to the rich (though he will).

Peridot

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 07:23:57 PM »
IMO going after Victor for his possible collusion in the sex trafficking ring is the writers' way of giving Mr. & Mrs. Useless something to do.  Sad to say, these former crusaders for justice have made so many missteps over the years watching them continue to bumble around in their jobs is no longer entertaining.  But, since Paul and Christine appear to have no personal life, or even a home any more, maybe the writers don't have many options.

Billie

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 08:24:42 PM »
I think they get the award for the most awkward kiss ever.  It was supposed to be a peck on the lips to say goodbye but it looked so bizarre that I had to rewind to see it again.  These two do nothing for me.  Zero sparks.

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 08:34:15 PM »
Christine and Victoria are alike like that... no chemistry with any of the men they are coupled with... no chemistry with the rest of the cast.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 04:26:39 AM »
Chris is about as warm as an ice cube in the Antarctic and Paul is about as sharp as a wet piece of liver.

I ff’d through any of their scenes.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 06:15:56 AM »
Victor is a low life scum and unethical business man, but he wouldn't get involved in human trafficking.  I thought the scene when Christine marched into the GCAC to confront Victor while he ate, was so stupid and unrealistic.  Grandstanding in the extreme.  She's almost as incompetent as her husband.

Ricky

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 02:38:35 PM »

For those who fast-forwarded, I'm sorry that you missed Paul & Cricket's strange discussion about their devotion to Chancellor Park and how the park is an important part of their relationship.   I'm sure newer viewers were wondering, "Who IS this woman with Chief Williams?"   We practically never see Cricket, and when we do, she's just a cardboard shrieking shrew who yells at major characters and then vanishes into thin air.   And her husband is just that weird old codger from the police station who's always arresting the wrong person.   To see them suddenly get all personal and giddy about Chancellor Park was just downright bizarre. 

Capricorn

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 02:44:32 PM »
Victor is a low life scum and unethical business man, but he wouldn't get involved in human trafficking.  I thought the scene when Christine marched into the GCAC to confront Victor while he ate, was so stupid and unrealistic.  Grandstanding in the extreme.  She's almost as incompetent as her husband.

Sorry to disagree with you even though we know that Victor is not involved in this human trafficking storyline.  Victor is directly involved in the death of his own son... if it suited his purpose Victor would get involved in anything including sex trafficking and worse things... he's an evil, vile man without any conscience.

Miravep

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 09:16:19 AM »

Sorry to disagree with you even though we know that Victor is not involved in this human trafficking storyline.  Victor is directly involved in the death of his own son... if it suited his purpose Victor would get involved in anything including sex trafficking and worse things... he's an evil, vile man without any conscience.

He did get involved with a convicted drug lord, so, yes, if the human trafficking operation was part of a personal revenge plan against Jack or one of his sons, Victor would definitely do it.