Author Topic: Disjoint between Monday and Tuesday episodes  (Read 147 times)

SarahTheCat

Disjoint between Monday and Tuesday episodes
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:17:56 PM »
On Monday's episode,it was the Newman tree lighting party, and Cane, Lily, Mattie and Charlie were at the hospital for Sam's surgery.   Tessa and Noah were just leaving the ranch after the goat offered her a check for $100,000.

Then Boom... Tuesday is the NEXT NIGHT? Tessa's in Paul's office being questioned, while she is supposed to be appearing live on the Hillary Hour.   

How did we get from there to here? I feel like a missed some scenes, or even an entire episode. I watch online, and I watched the episodes sequentially. I don't THINK they cut any scenes, but I would have no way of knowing.

Did anyone else feel like the two episodes were really disconnected and haphazardly put together?

DebR

Re: Disjoint between Monday and Tuesday episodes
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 11:32:50 PM »
Mal Young did say, I believe, that each day would be a new, separate episode. It does take getting used to and I have noticed before that it seemed like we missed some scenes.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 11:47:07 PM »
Mal Young did say, I believe, that each day would be a new, separate episode. It does take getting used to and I have noticed before that it seemed like we missed some scenes.

Yup. Seeing Tessa in Paul's office seemed totally out of the blue. Despite what Mal Young is trying to do,  making viewers feel like they have missed something is not a good idea.

wanda

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 11:54:39 PM »
Mal Young did say, I believe, that each day would be a new, separate episode.

If that is the case, it is really ignorant for a soap opera. I am really starting to lose interest with this new writing.

Ricky

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 01:37:05 AM »

If I remember right, the only recent *Genoa City day* that's lasted more than one episode was Halloween, when the kids were trapped in the fire.   Halloween night was dragged-out over two or three episodes.   But other than that, it's been lickety-split, every episode's a new day.   I'm pretty much accustomed to it, but I agree with you:  it really does make the episodes seem disjointed.   I think it's probably better now that "sweeps" are over, and the writers aren't having to pack a couple of deaths, a car wreck, a fire, a kidnapping, and a naked Hilary into each individual episode.