Author Topic: Ravi finally saw the light........already  (Read 438 times)

Augie

Ravi finally saw the light........already
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:34:44 PM »
Ravi-the-downhearted finally sees himself as Ashly’s little pet Pinocchio.........at least that was how I interpreted his sad face making the call to Victoria.  He always has that doomy-gloomy hang-dog look about him over everything.  I like the guy, but always felt his spine was missing.  Unfortunatly,  he is jumping out of the frying pan into the fire with Victoria  as his boss-lady.  JMO of course.  I am interested in seeing how being in Victoria’s clutches will pan out.......he needs to see that he’s been there, done that....not going for round two.  I’ d love to see a ton of manly courage and self esteem fall on Ravi to bring life into this character.  He’s pretty dull as is. 

Capricorn

Re: Ravi finally saw the light........already
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 01:52:15 PM »
Agreeing to go work at Newman Enterprises has moved Ravi down a few notches for me.   He knows that Newman Enterprises and Jabot are MEGA competitors... to me that shows disloyalty.   Maybe he expects Ashley to grovel or maybe he expects working at Newman will remove the boss/employee thing between Ashley and himself.  Well I hope backstabbing the Abbottts in favor of taking employment with the Newman's work for him.   A relationship between Ashley and Ravi is cringe worthy and icky anyway.   I hope Mal Young puts an end to it pronto.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 03:43:58 PM »
 I wish he wouldn’t have gone to Newman.  He could have maintained a working relationship with Ashley and put his foot down about the late night booty calls.

I do not like Ashley right now.

Winza

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 04:08:26 PM »
Sadly, Ravi has lost a few brain cells recently.  This is a dumb move, professionally and personally.  He's smarter than that; it's a shame what they are doing with a once-promising new character.

DianeM

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 04:41:04 PM »
I'm glad that Ravi finally realizes that Ashley is just using him for sex and doesn't want a 'meaningful' relationship, but doesn't he know that NE is under investigation?  I see him in the future in bed with Victoria.  At least she's closer to his age than Ashley.

Capricorn

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 04:51:29 PM »
In real life it's a 17 year difference between Abhi Sinha and Amelia Heinle and a 31 year age difference between Abhi Sinha and Eileen Davidson.  On Y&R  Victoria the character is  in her fifties and Ashley is 60 or older so either one of them is inappropriate to have a relationship with Ravi.  It's sick and icky.  Let it end!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 05:02:12 PM by Capricorn »

deirdra

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 05:23:42 PM »
I'm thinking Ravi might tell Ashley that he needs to leave Jabot because they couldn't have a real relationship until she was no longer his boss.  Ashley would respond - oh we aren't having a relationship, we're just friends with benefits. Yes it is sick and icky and needs to end!

DebR

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 11:21:49 PM »
I think Ashley will feel betrayed when she finds out Ravi agreed to work for Newman.  Even if he thinks taking Phyllis’ advice is the right thing to do, I don’t see Ashley feeling that way.

Ricky

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 01:50:22 AM »

After the Reverend Phyllis stepped up to the pulpit and delivered her little sermonette about how difficult it is to be involved with your boss-lady, Ravi seemed to determine that Ashley will be more attracted to him (on a personal level) if he works somewhere else.   His main complaint was that he and Ashley used to laugh and joke around and talk about lots of personal things and were "friends" with each other, but now they just have "clinical" sex in hotels.   He thinks that as the Newman I.T. Guru, he can call Ashley and ask her out on dates with him.   I'm afraid it's gonna backfire on him.  If he's not standing over Ashley's desk making goo-goo eyes at her all day, she'll probably just eventually forget all about him.         

Maple Leaf

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 05:12:13 AM »
I hope Ravi find true love somewhere else. 

As for Ashley?  I’m sure there’s a 20 year old mailroom clerk she can latch her hooks into …

SarahTheCat

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 08:24:48 AM »
I'd be ok with Ravi working at Newman if I wasn't worried about Victoria making the moves on him. She was standing awfully close to him when she was offering the job.  Also, she's such a bitch to work for. But the position she is offering is so much better than what Ravi has at Jabot.

And since Ashley is treating Ravi like just a booty call, I'm looking forward to her finding out Ravi is leaving Jabot.

But I don't think it's going to work out the way Ravi wants... he wants Ashley to see him as a man, not an employee - he still has hopes of a relationship with her once he's working at Newman. I don't think it's going to work out the way he wants.

I just hope the writers keep Ravi around. I still wish he and Mariah would get together, but they haven't seen each other since the day they met at that event where she set up Hillary to confess on camera to making her trip.

Peridot

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 06:26:44 PM »
Ravi's reasoning isn't all that bad.  He figures leaving Jabot for a more prestigious job will level the playing field between him and Ashley.  Plus, their relationship will seem more appropriate once it's no longer between CEO and ordinary tech employee.  But I agree with others that the grass won't be greener over at Newman.  At least Ashley treats Ravi's talents with respect.  Victoria, on the other hand, won't hesitate to countermand his every decision and throw her weight around at every opportunity.  Ravi will soon learn that no amount of money is worth having to work for such a miserable old stick.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 07:30:43 AM »
It is a huge promotion, but the crap he's going to have to put up with at NE is sure to be equal to the pay increase.  Still, I wonder how someone who has no managerial experience and has developed a couple APPs and helped people set up their laptops is qualified to be the head of IT for a multinational corporation?  Guess having him go from IT Tech to executive isn't any more strange than Cane going from lying grifter to CEO.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 12:10:13 PM »
It is a huge promotion, but the crap he's going to have to put up with at NE is sure to be equal to the pay increase.  Still, I wonder how someone who has no managerial experience and has developed a couple APPs and helped people set up their laptops is qualified to be the head of IT for a multinational corporation?  Guess having him go from IT Tech to executive isn't any more strange than Cane going from lying grifter to CEO.

Yes, I have wondered this too.

Also, Ravi seems to really enjoy developing apps and solving  technical problems. He's very hands on. I can't imagine him being happy in a top managerial role. Speaking as someone who loves computer programming, I know I would not enjoy the change. I really like the hands on stuff.

LeannaLove

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 09:15:41 PM »
I liked him better when he was a geek with messy hair who wore retro t-shirts and was socially awkward. 

At first, Ravi was a very appealing, non-cookie cutter character.  He's still a likable guy but a large part of his personality has been excised.