Author Topic: Main character death in the mid season finale  (Read 203 times)

Sinsaint

Main character death in the mid season finale
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »
Iíve been trying to avoid spoilers so I donít accidentally find out but apparently there is supposed to be a main character death this Sunday. Assuming the FTWD story is true that leaves Morgan out as a possibility. Iíll include Morgan in my list of possibilities though. With that said, hereís my list of potential candidates.

Morgan (low)
Father Gabriel (high)
Michonne (high)
Carl (low)
Judith (low)
Carol (high)
Daryl (low)
Tara (low)
Rosita (low)
Enid (low)
Aaron (low)

I went high with Michonne because I heard she wants out. Carl I went low with but rumors are saying his contract was up and heís busy with college but Iíd think with their filming schedule they could work around that. Plus I always figured this was actually Carlís story and in the end he would be telling the story to his children about how grandfather Rick started the new civilization.

pjones

Re: Main character death in the mid season finale
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 10:40:11 PM »
Wouldnít you think if Morgan is leaving TWD to go to FTWD that he would be high on your list? That takes place before TWD so time wise it would work. I actually think Morgan will have a change of conscience about all the killing he is doing and maybe take off on his own so that can leave open the possibility of returning to the group eventually.

I donít see Eugene on your list. He has been talking about not wanting to die a lot lately. Gregory is in a bad spot right now too.

Sinsaint

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:48:54 AM »
Reports are FTWD is going to have a massive time jump of three years to put it in the same time frame as TWD. If those reports are true then Morgan canít die because he will be traveling west soon. I considered adding Eugene and Gregory but the rumors are the death will be shocking and sad. I donít think anyone will be shocked or saddened by either of them dying. I left Maggie off the list as well because I donít think TWD will cross the line of killing a pregnant woman (although they do in the comics). Iím fairly certain Gregory will die but I look for that to be toward the end of this season or the beginning of next and we will all be cheering when Maggie does it.

Sinsaint

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 12:14:50 PM »
Oh, now there are supposedly TWO deaths. Iím hoping it isnít like the Abraham and Glenn fiasco where two loved characters were killed at the same time making both deaths overshadow each other. Hopefully it will only be one main character along with one Savior. Added to my list of deaths:

Negan (extremely low)
Regina (high)
Simon (high)
Dwight (low)
Turd with long hair at Hilltop (high)
Outpost leader (high)
Gregory (low)

Money Honey

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 06:58:47 PM »
If Gregory gets his hands on that cutting piece, that he saw the other guy drop, I
would be happy to say goodbye to him.  He is not to be trusted, looking out for self.

What was It, that Eugene took with the liquor, only to regurgitate a red blob out. TD
said, it will make the fans sad.  Anyway, I wouldn't miss his monotone gibberish.

The 'turd' with the long hair killed Benjamin, and he needs to go.  He also dropped
the piece that Gregory was looking at.  Who is Regina?

katiesbeach

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 07:03:32 PM »
I donít think TWD will cross the line of killing a pregnant woman (although they do in the comics). Iím fairly certain Gregory will die but I look for that to be toward the end of this season or the beginning of next and we will all be cheering when Maggie does it.
They basically killed Lori while she was pregnant....

Money Honey

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 07:40:07 PM »
Katiesbeach, I don't see Lori's death as a 'killing', even though she
was let go off of the show.  I do see what you mean, but she died
because she didn't have the meds, nor was her improper cesarean
section birth closed up.  Leaving her to lay, and bleed to death from
the opening.  Hell, they let her go.  Disagree, to agree.

Money Honey

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 07:56:40 PM »
Forgot to say, I would like to see Simon GONE!  His only problem, he
doesn't have a bat.  He is as dangerous as his leader, whom he claims
to be.

Sinsaint

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 09:34:02 AM »
I donít think TWD will cross the line of killing a pregnant woman (although they do in the comics). Iím fairly certain Gregory will die but I look for that to be toward the end of this season or the beginning of next and we will all be cheering when Maggie does it.
They basically killed Lori while she was pregnant....
But Loriís death was technically not murder. She went into labor and her uterus ruptured. But in the end Judith survived. What I should have said is I donít think TWD will cross the line of having someone murder a pregnant woman.

As a side note, believe it or not some of there actors (Amilio, JDM, Josh, etc) have received threats from viewers. If there are truly people out there that resort to threatening actors over their portrayal of a character then I hope TWD doesnít have someone murder a pregnant Maggie. The actor in question would need round the clock security for at least the first few months.

Sinsaint

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 09:45:46 AM »
If Gregory gets his hands on that cutting piece, that he saw the other guy drop, I
would be happy to say goodbye to him.  He is not to be trusted, looking out for self.

What was It, that Eugene took with the liquor, only to regurgitate a red blob out. TD
said, it will make the fans sad.  Anyway, I wouldn't miss his monotone gibberish.

The 'turd' with the long hair killed Benjamin, and he needs to go.  He also dropped
the piece that Gregory was looking at.  Who is Regina?

Regina was the woman who started shooting the workers and yelled ďI am NeganĒ right before Negan and Gabriel came walking down the hall. For some reason I think she looks like Jean-Claude Van Damme. Agree about Gregory. If he gets that rock and manages to free the Saviors from the enclosure risking the lives of the people in Hilltop then he should be executed immediately.

I donít remember seeing him regurgitate anything but that doesnít surprise me. Itís been hard for me to pay attention. I did notice after Father Gabriel grabbed his hand and begged Eugene to help him get Doctor Carter out of there Eugene pulled his hand away and there was a red dot on his thumb. I assumed it was blood but it didnít look like Father Gabriel was bleed. Maybe Iíll watch it again and try to pay attention this time.

Sinsaint

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 12:42:07 PM »

This is Facebook post TSDF (The Spoiling Dead Fans) released earlier today. Apparently this ďsceneĒ is going to be so shocking TSDF have opted not to release spoilers for this episode. Makes you wonder how bad this scene is going to be.

SO SORRY GUYS BUT THE PEOPLE THAT PUT OUT THE SPOILER FOR EACH EPISODE (TSDF) DECIDED NOT TO DO IT FOR THIS EPISODE. IT APPEARS THE SCENE IN THE EPISODE IS PRETTY DEVASTATING. THIS IS THE MESSAGE ALL OF US RECEIVED:------------------------------------------------------No Q&A for Episode 8.8 ďHow Its Gotta BeĒ
Now that we have your attention, buttercups... After careful consideration we have decided that we will not be providing a Q&A or any spoilery bits this week.
AMC has been hyping a very shocking moment that will occur in this episode. I think most of us know this almost certainly means a death. We invite you to draw your own conclusions on what will happen. Review the spoiler journal, filming and discussion threads, and take what bits you can and try to put the pieces together.
We have our reasons for doing this which weíll share after the episode. No, it has nothing to do with any legal matters. We will not be answering any questions about episode 8 from this point on. Sorry buttercups, but bribes of liquor and pancakes will not change our minds.
We know this is disappointing for thousands of people that depend on us, and we fully expect some backlash. We're ready to take the heat.
For now, this is How It's Gotta Be.
-ShinyFirefly & NinjaPancake

Money Honey

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 01:45:09 PM »
Well... I guess it fair.  We can all tremble in out seats together.  I don't think
it's Rick, because he is going to have a play in hurting Negan.  Hope, that is
safe to say, since we mentioned it last season.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Happy Birthday Sinsaint!!!  I noticed this note early this morning.  Sorry, that I
missed it yesterday, and hope you had a good, safe, and enjoyable day.       

Sinsaint

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 02:00:40 PM »
Well... I guess it fair.  We can all tremble in out seats together.  I don't think
it's Rick, because he is going to have a play in hurting Negan.  Hope, that is
safe to say, since we mentioned it last season.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Happy Birthday Sinsaint!!!  I noticed this note early this morning.  Sorry, that I
missed it yesterday, and hope you had a good, safe, and enjoyable day.       

Lol, yep. Iím getting old. I spent a quiet day with the kids. Iím not celebrating my birthday until next Friday when my husband gets home from his business trip. And I think the few of us on here donít mind the spoiler stuff. And considering even TSDF wonít discuss the episode itís a safe bet our speculations about who dies are just that. But theories are flying on Facebook. One of the recent ones today says Michonne and Judith will get comic Lori and Judithís deaths. Iím still having trouble with TWD going that far. I really wouldnít care if Judith died but I can imagine a ton of people might get ticked off about a toddler being murdered.

Money Honey

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 06:31:28 PM »
Sinsaint, I am just getting back from a routine doctor's appointment
for the year.  Gave a little blood, which I hate needle, but so far,
I'm still alive. 

I thought you said that you didn't mind Judith getting murder, until
I read a little further.  If It's her, I would hope she gets sick from
something... Oh crap, not enough time for a Sunday finale.  I say
Eugene, or Gabriel, but Maggie needs that doctor.  I hope it's not
Michonne.

Sinsaint

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 09:02:27 PM »
Hope you get a clean check up!!!

Iím just not all that vested in Baby Judith as a character. I hate to sound cold hearted but if she dies in the crossfire (which is technically someone murdering her) it wonít really bother me. But Iím keenly aware that ratings are already down on the show and if TWD has a toddler get murdered I think they will face a huge backlash from the remaining audience. I will say if Judith dies I can see why TSDF said the scene will be shocking and devastating. The question is whether the showrunners are going to risk alienating the remaining viewers they have left. We shall see I guess.

Based on TSDFís assessment of the show... which characterís death would shock and devastate you?

katiesbeach

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 09:56:08 PM »
If they didn't go nuts when Carol shot a child in the back of the head, then I don't know if they will react too much to the death of a toddler.  If they do kill her off, they probably won't show it.  Just have Rick find a piece of her clothing or something.

It would devastate me if Carol or Daryl die.  I used to think Maggie...but I'm not quite as invested in her since Glenn died.  I think the death that was the worst for me in the past 4 or 5 seasons was when Beth died.  I didn't really pay that much attention to her for a long time, and then bam, she became one of my favorites.  I liked Andrea for a long time until she took up with the Governor.

I won't be sad if Eugene dies.

Sinsaint

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 10:16:06 PM »
To be fair Lizzie was a psychopath. She was trying to get the walkers to tear down the fences at the prison. She was cutting the ears off of rabbits for no reason. She thought walkers were people that just needed friends. And she had just murdered Mika and was getting ready to murder Judith when Carol and Tyrese caught her. She was dangerous and way too much of a threat to keep around. I felt bad for Lizzie because in a normal World she might not have been the way she was but I felt worse for Carol for being forced to do it. Judith is a completely innocent toddler. Iím not saying every viewer would throw a fit but I think a fairly significant amount will.

For me Iíll be sad if itís Carl or Carol.

Money Honey

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 11:33:31 PM »
Carol is too important to the show.  She has proven herself a true adversary, who
is a powerful woman.  They need her, but she/we might be fooled.  Lizzie was a
really spaced out kid.  Playing 'catch me if you can' with the one female walker. If
she was in the house with me, I would have a real sleeping problem.

Carl is in college, but I don't see it being too much, unless he has other things to
do, where the job is getting in the way of things.  I'm sure he's making enough 
money to pay for some, if not all of his own tuition.  So, I hope it's not him.

Rosita has to wait for the Whispers to come along, right?  So, she is safe, I guess.
If they got rid of Daryl, his female fan base might turn into walkers on TPTB.  They
are a serious group, and they are not playing.  Aaron won't be missed  much.  He is
the last of his family.  Don't know about Maggie.  Even though she is the leader of the
Hilltop group now, she might be dispensable, because of the pregnancy.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 11:54:14 PM by Money Honey »

Sinsaint

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 12:09:31 PM »
Spoiler.....

There will be a scene in the mid-season finale where a character says ďYouíre Daddy isnít hereĒ to another character.

Hmmm... Based on the previews for the episode Negan shows up at Alexandria and the only people there to defend it look to be Michonne and Carl. Iím just speculating on that one because I canít imagine Rosita, Daryl, Tara and Morgan didnít make it back from the sanctuary. Plus Carol and the dead kids brother were also on the way to Alexandria I think. My first guess is Negan says it to Carl before killing him. Second guess is someone says it to Judith as sheís laying there dying.

Sinsaint

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 08:30:10 AM »
I rewatched last weekís episode. Iím beginning to wonder about something. Thereís all this talk about Carl dying. Iím beginning to wonder if he got bit in the back while trying to help Sadiq. When Negan shows up to get his revenge Carl might offer himself up as a sacrifice knowing heís going to die anyway.

Money Honey

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 06:21:42 PM »
I went on YouTube, and the man who tells you about the show, was mentioning that
he was hearing a lot about Carl being killed off the show.  He said that if that's true,
it will be a big mistake for the future of the show. 

He said, that Carl is supposedly being groomed to take Rick's place if the seasonal
shows continues, and Rick can no longer handle being the leader, or he is hurt, or
killed.  Carl may have chosen class to walkers, but we will all know in a few more
hours,.  I'm trying to hang in there.

katiesbeach

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 06:34:10 PM »
I went on YouTube, and the man who tells you about the show, was mentioning that
he was hearing a lot about Carl being killed off the show.  He said that if that's true,

He said, that Carl is supposedly being groomed to take Rick's place if the seasonal
shows continues, and Rick can no longer handle being the leader, or he is hurt, or
killed.  Carl may have chosen class to walkers, but we will all know in a few more
Pretty much will stop watching if they kill off Carol

Sinsaint

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2017, 07:08:23 PM »

I think it will be a huge mistake as well. In the comics Carl is basically being groomed as the the next leader. I know the show tries to not follow the comics to keep readers guessing about the show but if they kill Carl Iím not sure where the show will go after that. I understand he might be picking his education over the show and itís certainly a wise decision but I think the writers could have found a better way to write him off the show leaving the option open that heís alive and could return. Killing him off completely closes all options for any future storyline involving him.

Money Honey

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 07:55:20 PM »
Carl's got his music that he is planning on releasing.  He has a movie coming up, and
he wants to be a part of 'Stranger Things'.  Not to mention college.  I hope he stays
put. I know, I'm sounding selfish.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:59:23 PM by Money Honey »

Sinsaint

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 10:34:59 PM »
Well... I ainít happy.

Money Honey

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 09:40:47 AM »
I didn't see Carl get bitten, when he was fighting with the walkers.  What
puzzled me though, was when he told the guy, that his dad was going to
be a mad, but wouldn't explain why he said it.  So, I took it to be, because
he was taking the guy home with him. 

Michonne is very close to Carl.  He's like a little brother to her.  I'm going
to miss Rick hollering 'Kharal', if you can spell it like that.  The crew said,
that they counted how many time in a day he would try to say Carl's name. 

Two things Rick couldn't do was, say the name 'Carl' right.  Daryl said that
with him being British, he couldn't be trusted to drive on the right side of
the road.  The Brits drive on the opposite side of the road than us.  Some
of our letter carriers driver's gear is on the right side of the car, because of
the mailboxes being on the side of the road.  I'm sure, they have to sit
before moving their car at the end of the day.

Anyway, I am not pleased with what happen.

Sinsaint

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2017, 10:39:01 AM »
Technically they never show Carl getting bit. You see him on the ground wrestling with them and thatís it. But you could tell by the look on his face when he got up that heíd been bitten. And yes, him saying his Dad would be mad was about bringing the guy back to Alexandria.

Anyway, Iím just not very happy about it. Not because a character died. Or a favorite character died. I was ticked about it prior to the show airing because while no character can be safe this is technically Carlís story. But after last night and all the stuff that came out AFTER the show aired Iím furious. Carlís death was nothing more than Gimpleís stupid idea for a ratings boost. Apparently he can only think in the short term, in your face, shock value deaths as opposed to coming up with interesting, evolving storylines and plots. Chandler Riggsí Dad was on Facebook last night saying Gimple basically stabbed him in the back. Gimple and the producers told Chandler they wanted him around for at least three more years. I guess this was just before filming began. He said his son was blindsided when he read his death scene in the script.

katiesbeach

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2017, 07:31:15 PM »
I am very upset about this.  At first, I thought maybe this could be a ploy of some sort, but then I read the articles about how Chandler felt blindsided (after buying a house in GA!) and his dad's comments, so I guess it is true.  I guess that makes sense about that flash-forward with Michone & Rick, but no Carl....

I don't know if I will watch anymore or not.  I'll probably at least tune in for his sendoff show.

Sinsaint

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2017, 11:22:15 PM »
I am very upset about this.  At first, I thought maybe this could be a ploy of some sort, but then I read the articles about how Chandler felt blindsided (after buying a house in GA!) and his dad's comments, so I guess it is true.  I guess that makes sense about that flash-forward with Michone & Rick, but no Carl....

I don't know if I will watch anymore or not.  I'll probably at least tune in for his sendoff show.

Carl was in that scene. He was outside saying something about the music.