Author Topic: Victor's PR Christmas Party  (Read 289 times)

stpauliegirl

Victor's PR Christmas Party
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:28:36 AM »
That was the most pathetic, self-serving Christmas party ever.  The family was invited/summoned to the ranch for some sort of Christmas Tree lighting.  For some reason I thought it was going to be a large, outdoor tree rather than a fake regular tree inside the house.  The guests arrive only to find Devon and a photographer snapping pictures that are going to be used to shore up the Newman image. The party was one big photo op, not an actual celebration.  Did the tree actually get lit?  Why Victor thinks that publishing snaps of himself acting (and I do mean acting)  like a benevolent grandpa will somehow influence the investigation into NE, I don't understand.  Lots of criminal/corrupt people are nice to their grandchildren.

DebR

Re: Victor's PR Christmas Party
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 10:09:21 AM »
It was so lame.  Victor says, “well, now, is everybody ready?  K, here we go” .  He flips some switch to turn the lights on without even the fanfare of a countdown.  The tree wasn’t spectacular for the occasion either.

Augie

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 11:45:00 AM »
Veektor should give up hosting parties of any kind.  His Thanksgiving party was a pathetic mess with guests getting offended, some leaving, others being told they weren’t invited......finally throwing Nikki out with his high and mighty “show yourself out”.  When everyone had slithered out ‘gratefully’ poor Veek was sitting alone in his chair..  This party yesterday was just gaudy in the decorations....way overdone,  especially at the fireplace, too too too much. The ambiance with the people was entirely swallowed up under the red ribbon stuff. 

monkeymome3

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 12:29:59 PM »
He's nothing without Nikki

maxie

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 06:48:20 PM »
 If this were all about family and Noah, Faith and Connor were summoned, where in the world were Johnny and Katie?

Peridot

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 07:32:08 PM »
Yep, nothing says Christmas cheer quite like a publicity stunt disguised as family tradition.  Guests are summoned rather than invited, threatened if they dare decline.  Nikki is given the bum's rush, Tessa is blackmailed.  Are we feeling warm and fuzzy yet?  Too bad, because tree trimming parties, like caroling, are lovely, old-fashioned traditions that don't seem to be widely practiced anymore.  Probably because Old Goats like Victor are quick to spoil what might otherwise be a good time.

DianeM

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 08:06:06 PM »
Yes, how about Johnnie and Katie?  Guess only three child actors were in the budget.

deirdra

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 02:22:06 PM »
If this were all about family and Noah, Faith and Connor were summoned, where in the world were Johnny and Katie?
Someone mentioned them being in the kitchen during dinner, presumably with "Cook", and Reed ran upstairs to get them right before they left.  When I was a kid, at least the kiddies table was in the same room with everyone else.  And we only had a kiddies table when everyone wouldn't fit at the big table, but there was plenty of space for Johnny & Katie at the Newman's big table, and they are cuter and more engaged than Connor.  Rather than pretending that they were in the house, they should have said they were at the mausoleum with grandma Jill. 

Wow, I just remembered how we dealt with messy-eating babies & toddlers 50-60 years ago - we brought the Babee Tenda in next to the big table, so even infants were included when they weren't napping.
http://www.babeetenda.com/babeetenda-safety-feeding-table-for-babies-toddlers-children/
ours was very rudimentary compared to the modern version.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:34:37 PM by deirdra »

lawgirl

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 03:32:43 PM »
Someone mentioned them being in the kitchen during dinner, presumably with "Cook", and Reed ran upstairs to get them right before they left.  When I was a kid, at least the kiddies table was in the same room with everyone else.  And we only had a kiddies table when everyone wouldn't fit at the big table

We had a larger extended family than the Newman family and we had a kids' table in proximity to the grown-up table.  As the oldest in my generation (who was in charge at the kids' table), I looked forward to leaving the kids table and joining the adult table.

maxie

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 11:46:10 PM »
That was the Thanksgiving dinner.  Were they mentioned at the tree lighting party?  I didn't think they were.

deirdra

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 11:31:24 AM »
Were they mentioned at the tree lighting party?  I didn't think they were.
You're right.  And apparently Victor doesn't worry about the #1 thoughts that will come to the minds of his target audience - why are only some of his kids & grandkids willing to pose with Grampire?  WheresthelightswitchOK...Flip.  Tree-lighting ceremony my arse!