Author Topic: Can't believe it, but I agree with Victor  (Read 386 times)

Winza

Can't believe it, but I agree with Victor
« on: December 04, 2017, 05:09:35 PM »
For once I think he's actually right, although his method of paying her off is reprehensible.  Victor is right that Tessa is not good for Noah.  What she did to Nikki is awful.  And what she's doing to both Noah and Mariah is awful.  And she's an awful actress; totally wooden.  And if she brings up her sister one more time, I'll scream.

So I'm with Victor (I still can't believe it) about getting her out of town and fast. 

Peridot

Re: Can't believe it, but I agree with Victor
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:47:32 PM »
Tessa is basically a good-hearted person with questionable judgment.  But given her past she obviously hasn't had many solid role models.  I think Noah ought to continue to take things slow with Tessa and be realistic about the baggage that comes with her.  But I don't think Victor has a right to try to buy her off and force her to leave town.  How many times has Daddy Goatbucks done this anyway?  He came off like a big fat bully in his scene with Tessa.  I hate it when people with all the money and all the power try to stomp all over people who have none.  Besides, Tessa stealing a gun for her sister, as ill-advised as that was, is nothing compared to all the crap Victor has pulled over the years.

DianeM

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:21:28 PM »
You're with Victor?  Well, I'm not and I doubt I will ever agree with him.  He was a total a** today in the way he treated Nikki and Tessa.  Tessa has had a hard life, and I think Noah really loves her and will treat her well.  As to Mariah, what was Tessa supposed to do?  She's in a relationship with Noah and I doubt that she's a lesbian. 

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 07:55:46 PM »
Victator was totally wrong to try to run Tessa out of town, who is he to judge anyone, he the scourge of everybody's life in Genoa City, Tessa included.   Who died and made him judge, jury and dictator of Genoa City?  Thank goodness she refused his dirty money.

What awful thing did Tessa do to Nikki?   She took a gun and gave her sister for protection.  She didn't harm Nikki,  she disappointed Nikki but no harm was done.

Tessa is doing nothing to Noah... Mariah is the person who is betraying her brother by coming on to his girlfriend and obsessing about her.   Mariah put her feelings for Tessa out there and Tessa refused it.

I don't see why Tessa shouldn't talk about her victimized sister.  Her sister seems to be the only family she has.   The actress is obviously being written and directed to play a soft spoken, downtrodden, suspicious looking, young woman who has had a rough life.   She was living in her car and singing for her supper on the street when she came to Genoa City.

Winza

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 08:23:49 PM »
Okay, I've stirred up a hornet's nest.

I'm just not a fan of the actress playing Tessa and don't think she can stand up to some of the stronger actors.  And I HATE the sex trafficking story and would love that to end; I'm sick of hearing about her sister who I don't care about at all.  If Mal Young is going to clear the canvas, I'd be fine with her and her sister going rather than someone I really like, like Ravi.

But as for what she did to people, I think it's awful to betray someone who took you into their home by stealing a gun from them that involves them and their family in a homicide, no matter what the good reason was.  And it's probably because she isn't a good actress, but it sure felt to me that she was leading Mariah on, which now has broken that young lady's heart, which is sad.  And ultimately, if it gets out, it will break Noah's heart and he doesn't deserve that.

So, despite the fact that I HATE Victor and HATE the way he tried to do it, I would not be unhappy to see the back of this character, so for once I was cheering on the old goat.

Okay, everyone?  Please put down the clubs and torches.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 08:37:04 PM »
I don't see clubs and torches. Winza, don't take it as a personal attack! It's just different opinions.

jinx

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 10:01:01 PM »
I'm not cheering Victor on by any means, but is Tessa just going to get away with stealing a gun? Everybody but Victor acts like it's a big nothing. It is a crime no matter what her reason and where she stole it from. She betrayed the woman who helped her and involved the family in a homicide investigation. She deliberately kept it from Noah with that good old excuse of doing it to protect him. I think Victor is right to be suspicious and to warn Noah. I'm tired of hearing about Tessa's hard life and her poor sister who can't seem to get out of her own way. The whole story was full of holes and I'd be happy to see the end of it and the characters written out.

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 10:51:05 PM »
Yes Tessa can get away with stealing a gun.

Nikki has killed three people, she has gotten away with it.

Victor has:

Imprisoned first wife Julia's lover, Michael Scott, in his basement in 1981; never charged
Blackmailed Michael Baldwin and financed him to commit Commercial bribery; never charged
Commercial Bribery; found guilty and sentenced to community service
Faked his death in Bucerias, Mexico
Suspected of murdering Walter Palin; arrested, exonerated due to lack of evidence
Stood by and watched Skye Newman fall to her death, making no attempt to help
Arrested for felony embezzlement; was setup by Marco and the Abbott family; Ashley dropped charges claiming it was a computer glitch [Jul 2015]

Shot Jack Abbott [Jul 2015]
Arrested for replacing Jack Abbott with a double and having him held hostage; sentenced to 10 years in prison; released after 6 months with 2 years community service [Mar-Jul 2016]
Escaped from police custody in hospital to rescue Nikki [Jul 2016]
I'm sure there are more things that Victor has done.  Is he in jail or really paid for any of his crimes.

I could list almost everybody else in Genoa City crimes but it would take too much time.
Tessa is like an angel compared to all the hypocrites in Genoa City.

Augie

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 11:01:07 PM »
I detest the whole sex crap and all the actors in it.  Tessa is beautiful but stiff as a board and shows nary a speck of personality.  All she does is hang on Noah like a pet monkey and kissy-kissy him which he doesn’t seem to mind.  Her sissy is yet a bigger bore and thankfully invisible now.  She has dragged Mariah down to a pathetic loser as well.  I wish the writers would wise up and end this boring mess. 
Then there’s Veeektor who thinks he can kick people out of town because they annoy him.  Yuck to this rotten SL!

Ricky

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 12:58:56 AM »

Tessa is dull as hell, and so is her boyfriend.   When she and Noah have a scene together, they both have about as much energy and sparkle as two corpses fresh from the crypt.   That said, I wish Tessa would steal another gun, but instruct her mousy sister to shoot Goat Daddy this time, and to aim straight for his heart.   (Or rather, for Colleen Carlton's heart, since Grandpa Grinch doesn't have one.) 

stpauliegirl

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 07:22:31 AM »
I agree with Ricky,  :) !  It was wrong of Tessa to steal Nikki's gun, and in the real world she would get in trouble for doing that.  On a Soap, however, that sort of behavior is never prosecuted.  I wouldn't mind seeing her leave, though.  She isn't a good actress and neither is Robert Adamson (Noah).  Very boring to watch them together.

DebR

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 10:12:00 AM »
I like Tessa and Noah but they are as dull as dishwater to watch.  I doubt an exciting story would help these two.

jinx

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 10:23:47 AM »
Of course Tessa will get away with it. Silly me. Par for the course with this soap but she had lived in the house so she should at least have been questioned by Paul since the Newmans were, or did I miss that?

I agree with others who said Tessa is dull and not a good actress. It was particularly noticeable to me yesterday how she delivers her lines in phrases, as if that's how she memorizes them.

Billie

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 03:50:42 PM »
I think Noah may even be duller if that's possible.  I've noticed that his speech is very stilted and I think Jinx nailed the reason.  It never occurred to me that he may be learning his lines by chunking them.  I wouldn't miss either of them at all.  Unfortunately, Noah is probably considered to be one core characters so we may be stuck with him.

Capricorn

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 03:57:18 PM »
How does chunking work?  I never heard the term before.  :-[

Billie

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 04:54:58 PM »
The English Dictionary: a way of dealing with or remembering information by separating it into small groups or chunks

I do this with numbers, i.e., when giving a credit card number or phone number, I chunk, or group them.  7431 becomes seventy four thirty one.

Ricky

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 06:05:10 PM »
I think Noah may even be duller if that's possible.  I've noticed that his speech is very stilted and I think Jinx nailed the reason.  It never occurred to me that he may be learning his lines by chunking them.  I wouldn't miss either of them at all.  Unfortunately, Noah is probably considered to be one core characters so we may be stuck with him.

At some point, the show's gonna have to figure out what to do about Noah.    He's way too old to be Nick and Sharon's son (he's only about ten years younger than Josh Morrow), he's way too old to be Mariah's "little" brother (he's actually several years older than she is), and his line delivery is completely awful.   He really should be in a major storyline, but instead the writers seem to realize his limitations and just sorta shove him aside.    Not a good sign for a character who techically should be the future of the show. 

franniep51

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 01:54:26 PM »
I agree with Winza and Ricky.   I do not like the human trafficking storyline or the characters of Tessa or Crystal.  Tessa is wooden.  We are all entitled to our opinions.  I'm not fond of Victor trying to bully and/or buy off Tessa and get him out of Noah's life, either.    But, Noah is a big boy and if he doesn't see her ways, he will get what he deserves. 

I say, replace Noah with an actor who looks the part and can act.  (What ever happened to Kevin Schmidt?) Also, send Tessa on tour and out of town.  Bring in someone who fits the character of Noah and give him an interesting storyline.  Oh, and give Mariah a better story than moping over the wooden one.  She has lost her edge.