Author Topic: Ashley Weinstein? MERGED The Ravi/Ashley Stuff is Cringeworthy  (Read 689 times)

Twokeets

Ashley Weinstein? MERGED The Ravi/Ashley Stuff is Cringeworthy
« on: November 30, 2017, 11:33:27 PM »
I don't know how to ask this without it getting weird--but is Ashley's behavior at the end of Thursday's episode appropriate? "Room 353. Just bring your toothbrush!" Ravi reports for duty, then she appears in her Frederick's of Hollywood garb. I guess he was happy about it. Was he? I just can't decide....

DebR

Re: Ashley Weinstein? MERGED The Ravi/Ashley Stuff is Cringeworthy
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:49:45 PM »
As soon as Ravi enters the room Ashley says, “don’t say a word, just get undressed”.  Ravi hesitated then smiled.  I thought it was crass behavior but I suppose some men like a woman to be direct with no talking.  It seems like a friends with benefits for Ashley but I think Ravi wants a relationship but will take what he can get.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 12:26:17 AM »
Given that Ashley and Ravi have already been having a relationship, I don't think you can compare her to Weinstein at all. 

Their relationship has been drifting, seemingly going nowhere. Ravi expressed to others that he had wanted more from the relationship. This is just Ashley's idea of showing Ravi that they've still got whatever it is they've got, but she stepped it up a notch I guess. I don't know if he's speechless because he's uncomfortable, or if he's speechless because he's so surprised - he seemed to have pretty much given up on he and Ashley having the kind of relationship he wants.

Ricky

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 01:08:42 AM »

He's speechless, because he's afraid he's dreaming it  ;)

stpauliegirl

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 07:20:14 AM »
Even though it is consentual, it is still inappropriate for CEO Ashley to command Ravi to come to her for a romp.  I hope they don't do a big harassment story, though.  There's enough of that in the real world right now.

Peridot

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 10:00:59 AM »
Even though it is consentual, it is still inappropriate for CEO Ashley to command Ravi to come to her for a romp.  I hope they don't do a big harassment story, though.  There's enough of that in the real world right now.

I agree.  I remember when Ashley first started seeing Ravi, how Jack warned her she could be opening herself up to just such a scenario.  Ashley is making overtures to Ravi because she's lonely.  She feels left out of Jack and Dina's Christmas lovefest, Abby is busy, and she's butting heads with everyone at work.  Ashley and Ravi haven't really been cozy in a while now so it kind of seems like she's using him.  In light of recent headlines I feel this story is in the worst possible taste.  Watching a company CEO proposition an employee young enough to be her son is almost too icky for me to watch.  I hope the writers return Ashley and Ravi to their very nice friendship, where IMO they ought to remain.

Capricorn

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 10:41:30 AM »
It's double icky because Ravi is younger than Ashley's daughter Abby.   Ashley skulking around her own house, feeling jealous because Jack & Dina had a loving moment... all she had to do was join them and make it into a family moment.   But no, she hot foot it out of there like a jealous lover and demanded Avi meet her, then proceeded to greet him and tell him to undress.  To me that's brazen and unethical and Ravi must have been embarrassed even though it's what he's has been wanting after he got a taste at the cottage.

Goldilocks

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 01:00:25 PM »
I agree that the Ashley and Ravi link up was in poor taste, especially considering what's happening in the real world. It reminded me of Mrs. Robinson and Benjamin in The Graduate. Yuck!

SarahTheCat

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 01:51:37 PM »
I didn't realize that Ashley and Ravi had only been together once (at the cabin). Taking back my earlier response. Creepy and inappropriate.

TOUREIFFEL

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 04:28:54 PM »
I agree that the Ashley and Ravi link up was in poor taste, especially considering what's happening in the real world. It reminded me of Mrs. Robinson and Benjamin in The Graduate. Yuck!
Maybe this storyline was written before all this started? 

Ricky

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 05:02:22 PM »

I know the timing of the scene was poor (in light of what's been talked about in the news), but you really can't much compare it.   Ravi is a guy, and that's pretty much every young dude's greatest fantasy, to be instructed by some hot boss-lady or some hot teacher "don't say a word; just get undressed!"   From a woman's point of view, that's sexual harrassment.   But from a man's point of view, it's a fantasy that's often written about in adult novels, or depicted in adult films produced by men.  I cringed, because of the Matt Lauer news, but I also grinned from ear to ear because I'd love to have traded places with Ravi in that scene.   

DianeM

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 05:14:07 PM »
I wonder if Ravi is going to turn her down next time she needs to get away from it all.  That look on his face when she turned him down for a dinner date (gotta keep it quiet) probably makes him realize he's being used.  He's too good for that.

deirdra

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 05:22:05 PM »
Too bad Hillary was not in the GCAC foyer when A&R came down in yesterday's clothes; staying at the GCAC where everyone knows who she is was not smart.  And brown clothing is not the best colour for Ravi.

bren

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 08:33:45 PM »

but I also grinned from ear to ear because I'd love to have traded places with Ravi in that scene.   

Ricky, you made me smile.  You are such a GUY!  Loved your candid remark. Thanks for the fun you bring to this board!

jinx

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 08:34:57 PM »
I wonder if Ravi is going to turn her down next time she needs to get away from it all.  That look on his face when she turned him down for a dinner date (gotta keep it quiet) probably makes him realize he's being used.  He's too good for that.

This is exactly what I thought. When she blew off the dinner date he saw that it was going nowhere. Ashley is using him but Ravi is too nice a guy to just take what he can get.

Winza

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2017, 09:42:10 AM »
Ashley is acting like Cruella de Ville at work right now, sniping at everyone and criticizing Jack.  Her home life is annoying her because Jack is fawning over Dina and that is stressful most of the time.  So she decides to use Ravi to relieve the tension by taking advantage of his feelings for her.  It's really despicable, IMHO, and I hope  Ravi wakes up and says "no."  He should have some pride and demand either a real relationship, in the light, with everyone knowing, or no little side action at rented hotel rooms.

In this era of exposures of sexual harassment of young women by men in power, Ashley is really walking a fine line with what she is doing with Ravi.  I'd like to see him turn her down and see if she is smart enough -- and a decent enough human still -- to back off gracefully.  Or if she is going to retaliate at work, which is the definition of sexual harassment.

C'mon, Ravi, you're smarter and better than this.  Grown a spine, young man!

monkeymome3

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 11:19:38 AM »
That remark Ravi made to Phyllis was an omen of things to come.  I think Ravi will soon tire of being Ashley's booty call and make a harassment claim.

franniep51

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 02:15:47 PM »
With her history, the stress of her mother's illness, Abby 's ordeal,taking over at Jabbot,  and this last scene with Ravi, could Ashley be having a mental breakdown of some sort ?  I found her overt sexual behavior to be strange. Maybe her brain problem, the one that didn't require a head shaving or hospital stay, is back.
Just wondering.

lawgirl

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 02:56:43 PM »
That remark Ravi made to Phyllis was an omen of things to come.  I think Ravi will soon tire of being Ashley's booty call and make a harassment claim.

I agree.  This is leading to a sexual harassment in the workplace claim -- with a twist as it is a male accusing a female.  Ripped from the headlines! Mal has totally remade Ashley into a predator and she is not attractive, just plain icky.

DianeM

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2017, 03:54:28 PM »
I can't see Ravi doing that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned from Jabot and went to work for NE.

Ricky

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 03:58:17 PM »

.... Or resigns from Jabot and leaves town, in accordance with Mal Young's mandate of focusing on "core characters".   

DianeM

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2017, 04:56:49 PM »
I hope not, Ricky.  I really like the actor and the character.  It's going to be boring if that's what they do.

wanda

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 06:57:37 PM »
I also felt sorry for Ravi when he showed up with the pie at the Abbott's on Thanksgiving. Ashley treated him like crap. I realize the family wanted to discuss Dina's illness, but Ashley just made Ravi feel like a fool. Ashley sure didn't mind telling Ravi anything personal about Dina when she needed his help getting dirt on Graham. Ashley is really starting to tick me off.

Billie

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 08:15:50 PM »
I'm wondering if Young doesn't like women. A lot of the female characters are being written like bitches.  The ones who were already bitchy (Victoria), are ramping up their bitchiness.

monkeymome3

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2017, 11:58:51 AM »
I also felt sorry for Ravi when he showed up with the pie at the Abbott's on Thanksgiving. Ashley treated him like crap. I realize the family wanted to discuss Dina's illness, but Ashley just made Ravi feel like a fool. Ashley sure didn't mind telling Ravi anything personal about Dina when she needed his help getting dirt on Graham. Ashley is really starting to tick me off.
omg, right, that was so rude.  Poor Ravi.  He deserves better but he's like a puppy in love with Ashley.  She will hurt him and he will explode

Maple Leaf

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2017, 03:53:12 PM »
I did not like Ravi being summoned for a booty call by Ashley.  I wish he would have just told her that he didn’t want to misinterpret her invitation like before and then leave her standing there like a cheap floozy.

Soaprah

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 10:46:49 PM »
I saw "Ravi" (Abhi Sinha) on the latest episode of Designated Survivor. The part was small but he did well. He might move on from the Y&R-- I hope not but Mal Young is said to be getting rid of peripheral characters.   

Peridot

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 10:02:41 AM »
I saw "Ravi" (Abhi Sinha) on the latest episode of Designated Survivor. The part was small but he did well. He might move on from the Y&R-- I hope not but Mal Young is said to be getting rid of peripheral characters.

I saw that episode too, Soaprah.  At one point the character said, "I hate opera."  Which made me laugh because on Y&R Ravi loves opera.

Soaprah

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 10:41:23 AM »
Yes, Peridot, and that slipped right by me! Thanks for the reminder.