Author Topic: Best moments in Thursday's show  (Read 220 times)

SarahTheCat

Best moments in Thursday's show
« on: November 30, 2017, 11:06:36 PM »
Right off the bat, Gloria with Hillary on the phone...Gloria's lines were so good. "An urgent lunch date? I'll make sure he gets the message. OH, and while I've got you... I saw your nude photos, and you are definitely one hot ...." And then Hillary hung up on her. LMAO.  Great scene.

Next best scene... Charlie's reaction to Lily telling him about the older guy in the chatroom that she lost her virginity to and got an STD from. His " MOM geez TMI!!!" was hilarious and realistic.

lawgirl

Re: Best moments in Thursday's show
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 02:33:51 AM »

Next best scene... Charlie's reaction to Lily telling him about the older guy in the chatroom that she lost her virginity to and got an STD from. His " MOM geez TMI!!!" was hilarious and realistic.

Charlie is growing on me.  I loved that scene and I can really relate to it.  I'm the mother of two boys (well men now -- they're all grown up), but when they were younger I had to really watch what I said when we were talking so that I wouldn't be giving them TMI.  Even now, there's quite a bit of my life that to them is TMI.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 07:23:48 AM »
Charlie is growing on me too.  It was very diplomatic of Lily to leave out the tidbit that the much older, stalking perv who took her virginity and gave her an STD was one Kevin Fisher.

Miravep

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 09:51:26 AM »
I really enjoyed Charlie and Lily's scene too.  Lily has been, surprisingly, a favorite for me for the past year.  She seems so relatable and believable.  And after a slow start, Charlie's been growing on me too.  He's been really good now that they don't have him just being a dumb angry jock all the time.

Peridot

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 09:54:16 AM »
I really enjoyed Lily's momchat with Charlie.  I had forgotten about her initial encounter with Kevin.  Charlie's reaction was priceless.  What kid wants to hear about his mom getting an STD?  LOL.

Also loved the Jack and Dina scenes.  This seems very realistic for someone with Alzheimer's.  Their memory is steadily fading, and yet there are moments of clarity where they remember some long-forgotten detail.  Although Marla Adams always looks great, I hope there'll come a time when Dina stops dressing to the nines when she's at home.  If they're going to stay true to her condition we ought to occasionally see Dina forgetting some item of clothing, or maybe heading out the door in her robe, as she did on Halloween.

DianeM

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 10:51:59 AM »
If Jack wants to keep Dina at home as her condition progresses, he'll need to hire a live-in nurse.  I remember when my MIL had Alzheimer's, my FIL finally hired a nurse because my MIL couldn't remember how to dress herself. 

SarahTheCat

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 11:03:42 AM »
If Jack wants to keep Dina at home as her condition progresses, he'll need to hire a live-in nurse.  I remember when my MIL had Alzheimer's, my FIL finally hired a nurse because my MIL couldn't remember how to dress herself.

I think a personal support worker is more appropriate than a nurse. Dina will also need help with bathing. She'll even have trouble with the stairs later as walking becomes more difficult. He'll need to set up a bedroom on the main floor for her, with a full washroom.   I'd be surprised if the show kept Dina at home that long though. I think the family will eventually find a nice care residence for Dina, and then she'll just be mentioned on the show now and then.

DianeM

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 12:07:49 PM »
I hope she stays on the show as long as possible because I love her character and Marla Adams.

Miravep

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 12:56:34 PM »
Yes, aside from Lily, the Dina story is my favorite by far.  Dealing with her is a story we can all relate to.  I love her turning on a dime from crabby to sweet to out of it, and around again. 

I also felt like Ashley and Phyllis's meeting Thursday was believable and interesting -- much more so than the ridiculous stuff they have Victoria doing most of the time.

Overall, this episode was more enjoyable to me than most lately because it wasn't all about people shouting at each other and plot contrivances.  There was some conflict, but it was more grounded in something believable.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 01:54:53 PM »

I also felt like Ashley and Phyllis's meeting Thursday was believable and interesting -- much more so than the ridiculous stuff they have Victoria doing most of the time.

Overall, this episode was more enjoyable to me than most lately because it wasn't all about people shouting at each other and plot contrivances.  There was some conflict, but it was more grounded in something believable.

Yes! There were actual department heads mentioned... not some stupid meeting where Phyllis, Ravi, Ashley and Jack are the only people there. It seemed much more realistic than usual.