Author Topic: Looks like the end is coming for Sharon and Scott  (Read 311 times)

stpauliegirl

Looks like the end is coming for Sharon and Scott
« on: November 29, 2017, 07:45:37 AM »
Scott has always been very attentive to Sharon, but yesterday he pretty much ignored her texts even though he knew she was preparing a nice dinner for him.  Instead, the object of his focus was Abby,  and her revised speech at the news conference.  I can understand his desire to stick it to Victoria and Victor and wanting to watch Abby be the agent for his revenge, but would it really be too much to ask for him to text or even call Sharon to let her know he'd be late?  His dismissive treatment of her bodes ill for their relationship.

wanda

Re: Looks like the end is coming for Sharon and Scott
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 07:52:06 AM »
I didn't  like it. I think he is feeling so guilty for cheating on Sharon that he can't face her. He alo knows that the evening will end in going to bed with her and that will make him feel even more guilty.

SANDY B

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 08:26:08 AM »
I thought he was being totally shitty.  Usually the guys on soaps don't act that way.

Winza

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 10:28:11 AM »
He's been kind of a jerk ever since the new writing regime took over -- panicking and calling big bad Victor to bail him out instead of handling it himself the right way and, in other ways, showing he's not the strong self-confident writer we were introduced to originally.

I honestly think Sharon is better off without him.  She's raised her kids.  Doesn't need another one.

Chuckles

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 12:00:00 PM »
I didn't  like it. I think he is feeling so guilty for cheating on Sharon that he can't face her. He alo knows that the evening will end in going to bed with her and that will make him feel even more guilty.
  Wanda - you hit it right on the nose - he's guilty and I think he wants to have another go at Abby.

lawgirl

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 03:41:55 PM »

I think he's afraid that his guilt will make him unable to perform.  I am very unhappy in the way the writers are now portraying Scott - as an indecisive, weak, afraid of his own shadow person.  This is not the way you portray PTSD.  I know the game plan is for him to be the love interest for Abby -- they may be planning on writing him out when the actress takes maternity leave.  He may be in line for an upcoming HBO show (the actor's worked for them before) so the character may be gone by Spring.

I really hate to see Sharon get the short end -- again. Maybe by Spring, she'll be back with Nick -- or Dylan or Adam will be recast and return.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 03:49:50 PM »

I think he's afraid that his guilt will make him unable to perform.  I am very unhappy in the way the writers are now portraying Scott - as an indecisive, weak, afraid of his own shadow person.  This is not the way you portray PTSD.  I know the game plan is for him to be the love interest for Abby -- they may be planning on writing him out when the actress takes maternity leave.  He may be in line for an upcoming HBO show (the actor's worked for them before) so the character may be gone by Spring.

I really hate to see Sharon get the short end -- again. Maybe by Spring, she'll be back with Nick -- or Dylan or Adam will be recast and return.

Abby's maternity leave should be coming up pretty soon. She's due in January, and the shows are filmed 6 weeks in advance... we must be getting pretty near to her leave. I wonder if she and Scott will just go away somewhere and have their love affair off screen, effectively terminating Scott at the same time - and then when Melissa Ordway returns to work, Abby will announce that it didn't work out with Scott and he ran off to pursue a story in South America.

Billie

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 04:25:51 PM »
It seems like several characters have had downgrades to their personalities.  Victoria has become even more of a bitch, Scott is now a wuss, Paul is even more clueless (if that's even possible), Christine is still a shrew ~ maybe more so, Tessa is becoming less sympathetic...who am I missing?
I have to admit that Abby's speech was priceless.  Good for her.

katiesbeach

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 06:04:24 PM »
Maybe Abby will find out she is pregnant and leave town for a while to figure out what to do.  That would take care of MO's maternity leave, and then return to town with a mystery baby - who she might pass off as Zack's to spare Scott...?

Capricorn

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 06:51:02 PM »
I don't like Sharon and bushy headed Scott together, so I'm happy that he seems to be turning his attentions to Abby.  Sharon will be hurt for a while but like everything else she'll get over it.  Scott can go to New York.  ;) ;)

Peridot

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 07:25:20 PM »
I believe Scott's behavior toward Sharon is definitely driven by guilt.  But even before Scott and Abby had warehouse sex I never got the feeling that he envisioned anything long-term with Sharon.  I just hope the writers will allow Sharon a little dignity when she and Scott go their separate ways.  Rather than have her collapse in a sodden mass of self-pity I'd like to see Sharon be proactive and end the relationship.  Sharon is more astute these days than she used to be and surely must see the attraction between Scott and Abby.  Hopefully she'll see the writing on the wall and realize she and Scott were never destined for everlasting love.

DebR

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 11:51:35 PM »
I was so glad Sharon asked Noah about Abby and Scott.  She is finally realizing there’s something going on between those two.  The sooner she finds out the better so she can move on.