Author Topic: Marla Adams was Amazing on U.S. Monday episode!  (Read 328 times)

Winza

Marla Adams was Amazing on U.S. Monday episode!
« on: November 27, 2017, 04:00:40 PM »
The way she looks so perfect and has a big smile walking around the Abbott house and then suddenly stops and looks lost/confused.  Or when she snaps at Jack and, sagely, tells him his idea is terrible, and then later looks so worried as she recalls what might have happened at Nick's bar.  What a performance!!  I hate the subject matter of this storyline, as I know how sad the progress and ending of it will be, but I am enjoying this fine actress's interpretation of the situation.

Capricorn

Re: Marla Adams was Amazing on U.S. Monday episode!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 04:36:17 PM »
Agreed!  Marla is a fantastic actor... at her age she memorizes her lines to perfection and her facial expressions are perfect for the part she's playing.  I hope she gets a Daytime Emmy for her performance on Y&R.   She's a better actor than most of her cast members.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:50:05 PM by Capricorn »

deirdra

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 04:39:05 PM »
I hope she'll offer her wrists again and ask Paul if he wants to cuff her (with a twinkle in her eye).  They may want to keep the ankle monitor on her to make sure she doesn't escape again.  Jack needs to make sure she gets plenty of water and healthy food.

After a fall, my mother was in "rehab" with a bed alarm that sends an alarm to the nurses' station if you get out of bed without waiting for assistance.  But she figured out it wouldn't alert anyone if she took both the pad and battery pack with her.  One of my friend's mother with dementia and in great physical shape and a fondness for hiking got an ankle monitor that was less clunky than what criminals get since little old ladies don't have access to bolt cutters or other ways to remove them.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:43:13 PM by deirdra »

Ricky

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 04:47:57 PM »

That old lady is so cute, she kills me.    When she sat down next to Abby and started calling her "Ashley" on the Thanksgiving episode, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.   I hope her disease progresses VERY slowly, because she's the best thing going on the show right now --- especially when she's being a marauding bandit, lol.   

Augie

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 05:11:47 PM »
Agreed 100%........I love watching on days she is on.  Such a live wire when her dander is up.

franniep51

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 07:01:43 PM »
I think she enjoys playing Dina as well.  Such a cute little lady.  Reminds me of my mom before dementia took her away from us.

Peridot

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 07:13:59 PM »
Marla, as well as Peter and Eileen, are doing a wonderful job portraying the characters' emotions in this story.  There are probably hundreds of us viewers who have watched a loved one suffer from Alzheimer's.  This is one ailment I hope the writers deal with realistically.  So often characters develop some condition or disease, only to have it virtually disappear down the road, seldom to be referred to again.  It always seems rather insulting to viewers who deal with these issues firsthand.  In this case, the writers can certainly have Dina regress slowly, but she won't suddenly get better.  You would hope the writers would have the good sense not to insert some sort of soap opera miracle cure.  Again, insulting to viewers.

Billie

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 08:32:18 PM »
I don't like the story line because it has such a PSA feel to it. Jack, Ashley and now Nikki have been endlessly (slight exaggeration) citing statistics on this disease while trying to make it look like seamless conversation.  Not even close.  However, the bright spot as a lot of agree on is Marla's wonderful portrayal of this character.  It's funny that in the beginning, we were all grumbling about her but I think we have fallen a bit in love with her.  She cute as hell and her acting surpasses most of her colleagues.  Well done!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 08:29:25 AM by Billie »

DebR

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 11:22:40 PM »
Marla is convincing and doing a Fabulous job but I hate the storyline!  I watch soaps/shows to be entertained and for escapism not to be sad and depressed.  My poor uncle suffered from this disease.

scobe

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 06:42:42 PM »
Marla is truly doing an amazing job with her character.  She’s one of favorite characters/actors on the show right now and that really surprises me.  When she first returned to Genoa City i liked her but wasn’t overly impressed.  This just reinforces my approach to when a new or returning character or actor appears on the show to not rush to form an opinion until after some dust settles.