Author Topic: The Fear The Walking Dead Crossover  (Read 110 times)

Money Honey

The Fear The Walking Dead Crossover
« on: November 26, 2017, 11:16:04 PM »
I waited for someone else to start this one, but I got anxious.  First, I think Maggie
is asking for trouble.  Didn't Gregory see the piece used for cutting?

Morgan got cut from WD.  Was he fired, or did they want to change him?  I will
miss him on WD.

Sinsaint

Re: The Fear The Walking Dead Crossover
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 09:03:45 AM »
OMG!!! Morgan got cut? I can’t see them recasting. If he got fired (or wanted out on his own) then you’ll probably just kill him. He’s outlived his comic life at this point anyway.

Money Honey

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 10:42:31 AM »
Sinsaint, I tried to wait for you to post.  I got as much of this as I could: 

‘Walking Dead,’ ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ Crossover Character Revealed to Be Lennie
James “The Walking Dead” and “Fear the Walking Dead” crossover character was
revealed during Sunday’s episode of “Talking Dead” on AMC.  The crossover character
will be Morgan Jones, played by Lennie James. James will appear in “Fear the Walking
Dead’s” fourth season in 2018. Morgan appeared in the very first episode of the series
as the first person Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) encountered in the new, zombie-filled
world. He was largely absent from the series up until Season 5, though he did make
an appearance in one episode of Season 3.

It was also revealed during “Talking Dead” that James’ first day of filming on “Fear
the Walking Dead” would be Monday, Nov. 27. It is unclear if his character will be
killed off the parent program, though it is known that the “Fear” is currently earlier
in the timeline than “Walking Dead.” It is therefore possible that Morgan’s
experience on the companion show will be a flashback for his character, filling in the
time he was missing from the main series.

“Even though Morgan is going to be featured on ‘Fear,’ he has a lot of story left on
‘The Walking Dead,’” said showrunner Scott M. Gimple in a statement read out on
“Talking Dead.” “Morgan’s arc on ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 8 positioned him for
the story on ‘Fear.’ It was also important to see ‘Fear’s’ world and characters
through new yet familiar eyes.”

Gimple was joined by “The Walking Dead’s” Melissa McBride, new cast member
Avi Nash, and director Kevin Smith on the guest couch.  Fans had been calling for a
crossover between the two shows for some time. “Walking Dead” creator Robert
Kirkman revealed that they would get their wish during a New York Comic-Con panel
back in October. Kirkman would only reveal that a character from one of the shows
would make an appearance on the other.  “The Walking Dead” is currently in the
midst of its eighth season, while “Fear the Walking Dead” concluded its third season
on Oct. 15. 

Must be weird for Scott Gimple to be on Talking Dead knowing most fans hate him as
he runs the show into the ground.  Ratings declining, even the most faithful of fan
reviews always have something legit and critical to say about the show, they’re going
to have to start killing off characters to keep people interested, which is probably how
Daryl dies at the end of the season.

If you seriously think Daryl is being killed off, you haven’t been paying attention at all.
They have made everyone else – including our hero, Rick – into bumbling halfwits just
so they can have Daryl swoop in and save the day every single week. Appeasing
Norman’s crazed fangirls seems to be the driving force steering this show these days.

I won’t be surprised at all if Rick dies; why would Andy want to stick around on a show
that has reduced his leading man character to Daryl’s bumbling sidekick? But we are
stuck with Daryl and his greasy hair to the bitter end.

Lennie probably wasn’t supposed to give away that he isn’t going to be on The W/D
anymore; he was crying and talking about how sad he was to say goodbye to the cast
and crew of the original series, so that makes it pretty obvious that Morgan gets killed
off this season. If he hadn’t done that, people would have just assumed he was going
to do both shows, since their filming dates only overlap a little. 

He did look like he'd been crying on TTD last night.  Did he shoot himself in the foot,
by giving it away about not being on the WD anymore.

Sinsaint

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 11:04:36 AM »
I fell asleep before TTD announced who would be the crossover character. In a word... dumb. It has to be a back story since FTWD is only about eight weeks in which means Morgan will be there for all of a few shows before he needs to beat feet it all the way to Georgia in order to find Rick when he wakes up from his coma. I’m beginning to think these producers put zero thought into the decisions they make anymore.

Money Honey

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 01:58:48 PM »
The way I understand it, 'Morgan' was supposed to start having flash backs of when
he was trying to get with Rick, and met up with the Fear the Walking Dead group. 

He started crying, and saying good bye to everybody, so Kirkland left it like that.  He
was trying to figure out how he would get back to TWD from California on Delta to
do his scenes.  Is he okay?

Sinsaint

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 04:14:52 PM »
The way I understand it, 'Morgan' was supposed to start having flash backs of when
he was trying to get with Rick, and met up with the Fear the Walking Dead group. 

He started crying, and saying good bye to everybody, so Kirkland left it like that.  He
was trying to figure out how he would get back to TWD from California on Delta to
do his scenes.  Is he okay?

TWD season 8 filming has wrapped up I believe and Season 9 doesn’t start filming until late May 2018. Either they killed Morgan off or they are going to have him walk away and go missing like he did between season 1 and 3 or like Heath and Sherry are currently MIA. On Facebook people are suggesting we will see what Morgan did between the time he first found Rick until season three when Rick found him in “Clear” which is even dumber yet.

Duane died within days of Rick heading out for Atlanta. If that wasn’t the catalyst that pushed Morgan into clear mode he would have done as he planned and followed Rick to Atlanta. Rick kept his word and turned his radio on every night at dusk so there’s no way Morgan was looking for him but never found him so he just up and decided to head to Texas.

Then you factor in in “Clear” Morgan had a very intricate habitat set up. Not just the house he lived in but an entire block in the neighborhood. His wall of scribblings along with the conversation with Rick about burning out sections of the neighbor could have only been accomplished by one man over the course of many months. As well all know Lori was sleeping with Shane and found out soon after Rick showed up that she was pregnant. The pregnancy went full term and Judith was roughly a week old in “Clear” so there was a roughly 36 week gap between Rick meeting Morgan and Rick finding him again later.

I’m expecting the crossover to be poorly done and won’t match up with the established timeline in TWD.

pjones

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 11:45:08 PM »
My head is spinning when I think of the crossover concept. Will it be after Rick left him or will it be after “Clear”? He also has to have had time to hook up with Eastman too. They better get this right 🙂

Sinsaint

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 11:10:32 AM »
My head is spinning when I think of the crossover concept. Will it be after Rick left him or will it be after “Clear”? He also has to have had time to hook up with Eastman too. They better get this right 🙂

Latest rumors are FTWD has a three year time jump and Morgan will meet up with Madison after leaving Rick’s group.