Author Topic: Nikki's rant seemed out of character  (Read 203 times)

stpauliegirl

Nikki's rant seemed out of character
« on: November 21, 2017, 07:03:30 PM »
Sure, she dislikes Dina, but I don't think it was in character for her to barge into the Abbott manse and go on the attack about Dina and then throw the fact that Ashley isn't John Abbott's biological daughter in her face.  Seems like this attack is a set up to break Jack and Nikki up so she can return to Victor.

DianeM

Re: Nikki's rant seemed out of character
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 07:49:20 PM »
I thought the same.  She was very bitchy today.  I wonder if she would have apologize if she'd found out about Dina's Alzheimer's.

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 07:59:19 PM »
Nikki has always been super bitchy to Sharon.  Now that none of her sons are interested in Sharon, she's being bitchy to Dina.  However Dina has attacked her and said a lot of nasty things to Nikki's face and she did "stab" Nikki... I can't say I blame Nikki for being a bitch to Dina.   Although I believe that when Nikki finds out that Dina has Alzheimer's she will react differently when Dina attacks her verbally.   We the viewers know that Dina is not in her right mind but Nikki doesn't know that.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:23:36 PM by Capricorn »

Billie

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 08:25:36 PM »
I thought it was totally inappropriate for her to waltz into the Abbot house and start hurling insults about his mother.  Of course he's going to defend her.  I don't care what Dina has done, Nikki's reaction was way over the top and out of line IMO. 

katiesbeach

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 08:29:25 PM »
I think it is hilarious that Nikki has always given Sharon so much grief, and now she is having to deal with a difficult mom of a significant other.  Karma's a b*tch Nikki

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 09:01:36 PM »
The paragraph of dialog recited as a monologue with other characters standing silently is also foreign to the soap world and normal speech patterns.  But Mal Young seems to be using these fast, loud recitations to move the stories along - also Lauren's rant against Sharon, Nick's rant against Chelsea and Nick's ode to Sharon.

AndysMom

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 09:16:50 PM »
I think Nikki was on edge today because she seemed to have some small animal hanging onto her necklace.  That would certainly have me anxious!

Ricky

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 09:37:22 PM »

What WAS that little critter --- a gerbil crawling around on Nikki's golden doubloons? 

As far as Nikki's dramatic monologue was concerned, I was hoping maybe Dina would come downstairs and "cut" it short by carving up a Thanksgiving Piggy.